Active Judder's Please

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    I actually meant to post on this thread to get re-started but ended up with my own thread. Anyway - trying this again - any support appreciated :)
  • krissyboothang
    krissyboothang Posts: 32 Member
    I started Juddd June 1, even after having one 800 cal dd, and visiting a steak house on my bday I have still lost 2 pounds last week. I am learning that I have to stay down on a DD and eat only half of my exercise cals on UD.
  • jchrisman717
    So your eating exercise calories back? The way I read it - you figured your amount on how much you exercised and then didn't eat them back. But I guess you could do it by using no exercise then logging and eating some back.

I'm using an amount that includes my exercise up front - since I've been really consistent with my workouts.

Congrats on your loss! I'm so wishing for some loss over the next 4 weeks.
  • krissyboothang
    I have been going back and forth about eating exercise calories back. Honestly I am just not sure if I should. Up front I also selected little to no exercise. I also lift weights and that counts for nothing in mfp and I burn est. 300-450 cals every other day cardio so I usually eat back 150-200 of those calories.

Good job being consistent with your workouts, that's something that I struggle with, but it is getting better.
  • jchrisman717
    I have been going back and forth about eating exercise calories back. Honestly I am just not sure if I should. Up front I also selected little to no exercise. I also lift weights and that counts for nothing in mfp and I burn est. 300-450 cals every other day cardio so I usually eat back 150-200 of those calories.

Good job being consistent with your workouts, that's something that I struggle with, but it is getting better.

Krissy - did you try selecting the moderate 3-5 days of exercise on the online calculator and then eating that on your UP days and not eating back exercise calories? That's what I'm shooting for - but oddly on my UP days I am not that hungry! So today is an UP day and I am really trying to eat up to my goal so I can have a good DD tomorrow.
  • krissyboothang

Krissy - did you try selecting the moderate 3-5 days of exercise on the online calculator and then eating that on your UP days and not eating back exercise calories? That's what I'm shooting for - but oddly on my UP days I am not that hungry! So today is an UP day and I am really trying to eat up to my goal so I can have a good DD tomorrow.

Good Idea, I will try that and shoot for that only on UP days, today is a DD and going fairly easy. I also find that eating my full 1400 cals on UP makes the DD much easier
  • Morkai
    Morkai Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I'm starting this diet today with an up day. :)
  • jchrisman717
    Krissy - let me know how that works for you. Good luck on your DD. I'm hoping to really have a good one tomorrow. So feeding my body today!

One of my concerns on doing this WOE was I didn't want to lose my working out and so I want to make sure I fuel my workouts.

Welcome Morkai - good luck with your DD tomorrow - eat good and healthy today!
  • krissyboothang
    Here are some weigh ins
    5/31- 181
    6/7-180
    6/8 179
    6/13 176***

*** I bought a new scale yesterday so my old one that I was using says 177.5 for 6/13, but my new one says 175.4, so I averaged the two out, My new one is pretty modern and hold info about prev weight and can track your weight.

Today is a UP day, I listened to jchrisman717 advice and left my DD at 500 but my UP are now 1550, but the funny thing is I am not as hungry on UP days. #gofigure
  • jchrisman717
    That's awesome loss. I'd be happy with a half a pound a week even - I've been at a year with not even one pound!

I know yesterday was a UP day and I wasn't even that hungry. I tried to eat more because I wanted to do a good DD today but I just couldn't force myself to eat when I wasn't hungry. So I may do a mid-day today. I think it will take me a while to get used to this pattern change. But I will say I have felt much better and not as bloated and my workouts have been awesome.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    That's awesome loss. I'd be happy with a half a pound a week even - I've been at a year with not even one pound!

No loss at all?
  • jchrisman717

No loss at all?

Nope nothing! That's why I wanted to try JUDDD. I know its my eating that's keeping my from losing. But I'm also going through menopausal and hormonal changes.
  • sandyz1977
    sandyz1977 Posts: 12 Member
    Week 1 of JUDDDing! Very excited to get started. I can't believe I never heard of this before! I've been devouring research and stories on it, and finally decided to jump in this week!
  • kel7298
    Week 1 of JUDDDing! Very excited to get started. I can't believe I never heard of this before! I've been devouring research and stories on it, and finally decided to jump in this week!

Welcome and good luck!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Welcome, Sandy!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    I have just started this week. On my second DD. But on my up day, I know I went way over my "allotted" calories (supposed to have a bit less than 1700, so I rounded up! But I stopped counting in the evening). We'll see how I do after today's DD. I was realy happy even with the water loss after the first DD, because I was coming off a weekend with lots of bbqs, treats, etc.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    I'm new to Judd. On my 11th day today and it's an UD. I hope to find good success with this WOE!
  • kel7298
    Welcome you two!
  • Vogela824
    Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
    Just re-started!!! I just had my first DD, and it was rough.... haha... Anyone, feel free to add me!! I could use the motivation and friends!! ♥♥♥
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    I lost 4.2 lbs in my first 12 days on this plan. I hope it continues. YAY!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: