Compression and exercise

I watch my YouTube fitness people for new tips and what works when working out. A lot of girls are taking about waist trimmers and wearing them when they work out...so I bought one. I added in some shark compression shorts in too because I need to sweat out the dirty, filthy toxins. Not really, more like I need to purge this Chipotle I just threw down on. Anyway, It's like a full body wrap when you exercise. Now I read that I should be incorporating Albolene or Sweet Sweat with the compression gear to get all the water out, and it will help with any skin unevenness while losing inches. Obviously this is water weight and boxers do this to cut weight, but has anyone tried it and had any major changes in their shape or inches lost? I have the Albolene, I just haven't tried it in conjunction yet, but the last time I wore both items (sweat gear) and went jogging, I was sweating my a$& off and at one point I may have gone blind. Feel the burn baby ????

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    sounds like a good way to get dehydrated with no real long term effects.....?
  • zetodd
    zetodd Posts: 22 Member
    When incorporating diet and fitness changes into your lifestyle you should always choose credible sources and cross reference them. There are no ethical or academic standards for youtube videos and should therefore only be used as starting points for research at best.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Athletes of many disciplines deliberately, temporarily dehydrate themselves to make an official scale say a particular weight at a predetermined time.

That's it.

Sweating is not for getting toxins out. It's to stop you dying.

Thousands have tried it. Several studies have tried. Yet to see any benefits, with severe performance drawbacks.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Yeah the goal of exercise is to burn calories, build muscle and or enhance cardiovascular functions.

None of those are helped by sweating more. However, dehydration can cause sever damage to a person and since it's easily possible without going out of your way to achieve it, one might question the viability of sucking more water from your body at the time you most need it.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Wait, this is a thing people (other than competitive athletes before weigh-in) are doing now?

Sounds like a way to get dehydrated (which will have a NEGATIVE effect on your skin, if anything) and make exercise super miserable. Miserable exercise is pretty hard to stick with in the long term, in my experience.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Sounds like a better way to lose a lot of money than to lose a lot of weight.
  • Has anyone used those "Kutting Weight" suits? I'm seriously considering this.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Oh, that doesn't sound safe at all. :frown: