"Chasing" in Dating

13»

Replies

• OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    If the police chase you, they put handcuffs on you if you're caught. Are you ladies hoping to be handcuffed?

Depends on who's doing the handcuffing ;)
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    If the police chase you, they put handcuffs on you if you're caught. Are you ladies hoping to be handcuffed?

what are his stats:

tall?
    buff?
    sexy?
    athletic & toned?

other questions:

does he know how to handle the handcuffs appropriately???
    will there be a blindfold involved???
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    no wonder you ladies want a guy to chase you.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    I think the biggest mistake people make is assuming there is a right way or a wrong way. If you want "happily ever after," you have to be yourself and have faith that you will find someone whose personality and goals and dreams complement yours, AND you have to have the courage to believe that it's far lonelier to be in a relationship with the wrong person than it is to be alone.

The first step is knowing who you are and what you need. What qualities does the other person need to have and what do they need to give you in order for the relationship to enhance your life? If you can't answer those questions confidently, then you need to develop some self-awareness because if you don't know, then the only way anyone else can contribute to your happiness is by making a lucky guess.

Once you know what you're looking for, there's not so much thinking and analyzing about who should be doing what. It either feels right or it doesn't. If it feels right, you won't have to force anything. Even the hard stuff will be stuff you WANT to do because you understand the reward. If it doesn't feel right, you won't bother trying to force it. You'll just move on because you understand there IS no reward.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Well ****. I had a great post, and something happened. Ugh.

1 - All this information from you ladies sure makes me realize how much I act like a man (no sterotyping here, just collecting the characteristics, and realizing how different I am from some of the statements in here)

2 - Remember..... We see things as WE are, not as they are.

I used to be the chaser and needy woman, I married at 19, I'm finding out that now at 31 years old how much freedom singledom has. ANd I like it. Don't touch my stuff, I probably won't make what you like for supper.... etc etc....
    I've got a kid (yes he's my age) that I talked to a while back that I was really into. For gods sake he didn't want sex on the first date - first one I've run into on match.com that didn't want sex - BUTTTTT our communication style didn't mesh, so it simply wont' work. Maybe someday in the future we can try again? Eh....but i'm not too worried about it.

And yes - I'm in for handcuffs, sign me up please....
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    I think the biggest mistake people make is assuming there is a right way or a wrong way. If you want "happily ever after," you have to be yourself and have faith that you will find someone whose personality and goals and dreams complement yours, AND you have to have the courage to believe that it's far lonelier to be in a relationship with the wrong person than it is to be alone.

The first step is knowing who you are and what you need. What qualities does the other person need to have and what do they need to give you in order for the relationship to enhance your life? If you can't answer those questions confidently, then you need to develop some self-awareness because if you don't know, then the only way anyone else can contribute to your happiness is by making a lucky guess.

Once you know what you're looking for, there's not so much thinking and analyzing about who should be doing what. It either feels right or it doesn't. If it feels right, you won't have to force anything. Even the hard stuff will be stuff you WANT to do because you understand the reward. If it doesn't feel right, you won't bother trying to force it. You'll just move on because you understand there IS no reward.

Nailed it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member

slow clap for this!!:flowerforyou: