Destiny alpha

Slimithy
Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
Anyone else play the alpha this past weekend? I had a complete blast.

Replies

• DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Good, I was really looking forward to this game. One of the main reasons I jumped on the "next gen console" bandwagon.
  • Dan_Lifts
    Dan_Lifts Posts: 22
    Yup, loved it. Played it like it was my job...except more fun.
  • en4cerd43
    en4cerd43 Posts: 34 Member
    Had a great and unexpected time with it. I enjoyed the MMO elements a lot and am glad they chose to implement multiplayer into the campaign. Nothing like being cornered and then having a few friendlies show up to save your *kitten*. I'm excited to see what changes in the beta.
  • Slimithy
    It was interesting how I would just end up naturally working together with people in the world to take on stuff and then disperse, very MMO like. Even after playing in the small Alpha area for hours on Saturday I still found new places I hadn't seen last night when played right before they shut it down.
  • ausylo
    ausylo Posts: 14 Member
    Really enjoyed the Alpha. I've preordered the game on PSN, guaranteeing a code for Beta that will start in just over 2 weeks. It's sort of a bittersweet thing in that I am really stoked to play the Beta, but at the same, I don't want to spoil what happens in-game when it releases in September. :D
  • Slimithy
    Really enjoyed the Alpha. I've preordered the game on PSN, guaranteeing a code for Beta that will start in just over 2 weeks. It's sort of a bittersweet thing in that I am really stoked to play the Beta, but at the same, I don't want to spoil what happens in-game when it releases in September. :D

know what you mean. I'm seriously thinking about only doing PvP in the Beta to save the story for release. Not sure yet.
  • ausylo
    ausylo Posts: 14 Member

know what you mean. I'm seriously thinking about only doing PvP in the Beta to save the story for release. Not sure yet.

Thats actually a really good idea. The small portion I did play of PvP was fun and very Halo-esque... which was definitely not a bad thing by any means. I was really surprised to find how much I didn't even get to explore if I went right instead of left in the starting area of the Alpha... It was seriously a ton more of gameplay.. :noway: