60 Pounds in 6 Months, possible?

2»

Replies

• Welcome to mfp, CTD! I've been around here for seven months and love the site. That being said, you have to consider this a lifetime goal, not a six month goal. If you truly want to get away from the weight/diet/yo-yo lifestyle, your whole outlook has to change. I looked at your profile and you said: " I want to feel healthy, I want to feel pretty, I want to feel accomplished, and I want to love myself. "

Those are the same reasons most of us want to lose the weight and get fit. And it takes lots of time and work, and time and work, and time ......

So my humble advice would be to slow down and enjoy the process. Read through the Community forums for ideas and inspiration, and don't consider it a diet but a lifestyle. Good luck and add me as a friend if you'd like.

She said everything I was going to say. Great advice right here.
  • jaxstraww
    jaxstraww Posts: 21 Member
    Lost 103 in 9 months so 60 in 6 months is doable. I'd say the 1st sixty pounds were the easiest on me.
  • addicted2numbers
    addicted2numbers Posts: 83 Member
    It's very possible but do you want to chance having extra skin to get rid of too? I lost over 60 lbs in 6 months and I regret it in that one way because I wasn't eating enough and now I have the stomach that nobody wants. If I lost it slowly I could of had a flatter stomach. I have tons of muscle that nobody can see because of my fast weight loss. Take your time, eat healthy and eat enough every 2 to 3 hours to fuel yourself for intense workouts. That is the best way to get results. Although I did lose way more than 60 lbs in total it is still the best option to keep it slow and healthy.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    I think it's doable... that's then lbs a month... the food I Dnt knw I always say go with what your body tells you...
  • I'm 5'2 and eat between 1600-2000 calories and I eat junk food, see ticker below.

1200 calories is not enough to fuel your body!!

I've seen your ticket, and I congratulate you on your loss, but I literally throw up if I eat a lot more calories than I already do. I have stomach problems and I can't eat that much food at a time. Thank you for the advice though.
  • It's very possible but do you want to chance having extra skin to get rid of too? I lost over 60 lbs in 6 months and I regret it in that one way because I wasn't eating enough and now I have the stomach that nobody wants. If I lost it slowly I could of had a flatter stomach. I have tons of muscle that nobody can see because of my fast weight loss. Take your time, eat healthy and eat enough every 2 to 3 hours to fuel yourself for intense workouts. That is the best way to get results. Although I did lose way more than 60 lbs in total it is still the best option to keep it slow and healthy.

Thank you, that is a really good point about the skin. But I do intend to do workouts that will keep my skin tight and shrinking. I will do some more research on it, I appreciate you bringing that up.
  • addicted2numbers
    addicted2numbers Posts: 83 Member
    It's very possible but do you want to chance having extra skin to get rid of too? I lost over 60 lbs in 6 months and I regret it in that one way because I wasn't eating enough and now I have the stomach that nobody wants. If I lost it slowly I could of had a flatter stomach. I have tons of muscle that nobody can see because of my fast weight loss. Take your time, eat healthy and eat enough every 2 to 3 hours to fuel yourself for intense workouts. That is the best way to get results. Although I did lose way more than 60 lbs in total it is still the best option to keep it slow and healthy.

Thank you, that is a really good point about the skin. But I do intend to do workouts that will keep my skin tight and shrinking. I will do some more research on it, I appreciate you bringing that up.

You're welcome and good :)
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    To all: I realize that this sounds like a very drastic goal, but honestly I don't eat a lot more than that on an average day anyway. My stomach can't really handle eating too much, my problem is that I eat the WRONG foods. Portion wise, I know this will work for me, and if I'm hungry, I will let myself eat, I'm not going to starve myself.

The last time I lost weight, the only reason why I reached my goal was because I set my standards high. I am not SET on 60 pounds, I'm not going to get myself get caught up in it, which I realize is a really big issue for most people, but I know that I won't be hard on myself. Gaining the weight back was mostly because of trauma in my life that I took advantage of and ended up over eating crappy foods.

The reason why I want it to be 6 months is because I am going on a trip with my family and boyfriend for the first time in 2 years, and I'd like to be able to wear a bathing suit. It's more of a personal goal that I'd like to try and accomplish and to remind myself that I don't want to just lose the weight and then forget about it, I want to lose the weight and then stay healthy, eat healthy, keep of the weight, and keep working out and enhancing my self appearance and health.

Thank you for all the replies!

If you want to keep the weight permanently off you need to lose it slowly. Eating very little will not help and could lead to binges, also lead to muscle loss, hair loss and brittle nails. Why not just lose it slowly?

okay i know this is an old post, but it doesn't matter how fast or slow you lose the weight. what matters is that you don't go back to your old habits. you can lose the weight in 2 years, but if you start over eating you will gain it all back. that whole ''you didn't gain the weight in 6 months, so you won't lose it that quickly'' is a LIE. people went by that logic then then it would take 4-5 years just to lose 30-40 pounds. since for a lot of people they did gain the weight within that time frame. which is ridiculous.
  • Hey :) my name is stephania and I was reading your entry on 60 pounds in 6 months and was wondering how it was going ? I have the exact same weight loss goals :)
  • Feel free to email me at : stefanyrosero16@yahoo.com
  • Hi, i did 60 pounds in about 6 months, without excersice and hungerstrike :D
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    It's definitely do able. Not the easiest though. Best of luck.

Just saw that this post is old.
  • kori0424
    kori0424 Posts: 25 Member
    Do-able. I've lost 30lbs in 90 days :)
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    It may be possible, whether or not it's advisable is another question.

Some people are able to lose consistently week on week without any delays or plateaus but I am certainly not one of them! I plateau roughly once a month for no reason what-so-ever and i've been dieting since January 3rd. I have lost 49lbs in roughly 6 months which is superb but I also had a lot more to lose.

Slow and steady wins the race, you can wear a bathing-suit on holiday whether you are 100lbs or 300lbs and your family and boyfriend know what you look like! I can understand that you want to do this for you which is the right perspective to take, but less haste in this case!

Good luck on whatever you decide to do :)

Kaela x
  • It is possible but will be hard, you've got a protein factor of 89 which means you should be eating about 89g of protein a day, make sure that each meal has no more than 30g of protein though, so instead of tea for breakfast, drink it with a high protein breakfast meal 30g protein, then 30 more grams of protein for lunch and the same for dinner. Keep a high protein diet
  • I want to lose 60 pounds in 6 months or less. Has anyone ever tried this? Is it possible?
    My goal is to do 5 cardio workouts/week and strength training once/day
    My current diet plan looks a little like this:
    Breakfast: tea
    Snack: Blueberries
    Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken
    Snack: Almonds
    Dinner: Raw veggies and beef
    12 glasses of water/day at least

Any workout plans that you guys think I should try? Thanks! :)
    Also, I'd love some motivation of friends to talk to about this, so add my if you'd like!

I think that by eating so little, you might find it difficult to do the exercise that you mentioned...
    What's the rush?

Good luck with whatever you do :flowerforyou: