TLT August 18

Options
Good Mornin'.

I hope that everyone had a good weekend.

I think that a challenge is a great idea. I wonder if one challenge may be for us to strive for ONE Interval cardio session this week. Many of us are use to long runs, or long cardio, but really to get these last pounds off we need to shock our bodies a bit. I am going to start doing intervals on Tuesdays and Thursday and would be happy to post what I am doing if anyone is interested.
This morning I did Weights at the gym and will take a walk tonight I think.
Tomorrow- INTERVAL.

Keep drinking lots of water and logging your food!

Melissa

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Good Mornin'.

I hope that everyone had a good weekend.

I think that a challenge is a great idea. I wonder if one challenge may be for us to strive for ONE Interval cardio session this week. Many of us are use to long runs, or long cardio, but really to get these last pounds off we need to shock our bodies a bit. I am going to start doing intervals on Tuesdays and Thursday and would be happy to post what I am doing if anyone is interested.
    This morning I did Weights at the gym and will take a walk tonight I think.
    Tomorrow- INTERVAL.

Keep drinking lots of water and logging your food!

Melissa
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I forgot all about "Interval cardio" I have been getting so bored on the elliptical. and it's been raining so running is not fun in the rain. I have been doing weight training twice a day and monday kills me, it's legs day
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Got any examples of interval cardio you like to do?
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I run the stairs, as fast as I can for 1 min then walk flat ground for 30 sec, then run the stairs 1min and so on.
    or with the Navy we run sprints on the track a little less then half the track then walk around the rest to the spot where we start the sprints. keep going for 30 to 45 min or death.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I run the stairs, as fast as I can for 1 min then walk flat ground for 30 sec, then run the stairs 1min and so on.
    or with the Navy we run sprints on the track a little less then half the track then walk around the rest to the spot where we start the sprints. keep going for 30 to 45 min or death.

walk/run outdoors, if hilly terrain walk up hills and run on flat...on treadmill, walk incline and then run on flat. If not a jogger/runner, do walking intervals, 3 mins flat, 2 mins uphill/incline and so on....
    One I do on my stationary bike: warmup for 5 mins, then increase resistance for 1 min, increase again for another minute, increase more and stand up for a minute then decrease and spin fast for another minute, repeat several times and then cool down. Also if working out at home and have two or three cardio equipments do 10-15 mins on each one...:flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    yes- I do the same-
    if outside I warm up with a walk and then a job about 1-2 min and then sprint for about 1 min and then back to a jog.
    This can also be done with hills (to increase intensity) or stairs.

In a gym you can use a treadmill or a row machine as well. Again, the same concept- moderate heart rate and then push up the intensity (a lot) and then recover to moderate heart rate.

It is challenging and really can only we dont about 30 min tops before exhaustion.

The benefit is increased fat and calorie burn for longer than a steady longer run.

Let us know how it goes. I am going to be doing my interval day tomorrow.