Need help with Fitbit One and Syncing

I have been using my fitbit one since February. I love it! I have not had any problems with it at all until now. I find it a great weight loss tool. All of the sudden it stopped syncing 2 days ago to my fitbit dashboard. My attempt to force the sync and restart the tracker did not work. Has anyone else experienced this? It's so frustrating because not it won't automatically be synced to MFP...... I welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    I'd love some info on getting it to grab the info and pull into MFP. I got one today and love it so far!
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    I have a Fitbit One, and wear it almost constantly. I recently lost or misplaced my charger somewhere around the house. So, it's about dead. I've started using a Sportline pedometer I have for a backup plan. I decided to order a new charger since it's been several days. I'm just waiting on it to get here.

For linking Fitbit to MFP, go to the Apps page here on MFP and follow the directions under Fitbit.

I've not had problems with my Fitbit syncing. My first suggestion would be to unplug and replug the wireless dongle that goes to your computer. If that doesn't work, maybe you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit Connect software.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Fitbit & MFP have had syncing problems on & off since November. There are dozens of threads about it in the Fitbit Users group, and one really long one on the MFP feedback board.
  • I just got my fitbit one yesterday and it connects fine, but it doesn't subtract my calories. I've tried disconnecting reconnecting. None of it works and the fitbit is working properly. It's all on MFP end. If I knew this stupid app wasn't compatible, I wouldn't have spent $102. Maybe their programmers should quit being lazy and fix the sync issue.
  • bestlife42
    bestlife42 Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you for all of the great info. Everything I have tried so far hasn't worked. I have used my fitbit everyday for about 4 months now and I really want to get this working properly again. If all else fails I may need to purchase another one which stinks. Thanks again!
  • KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    I like to see the steps - it's motivating! I still don't see it syncing properly in MFP but I will check out the FitBit group. It syncs with its app but that neg calorie adjustment is throwing me off!
  • cherrylpk
    cherrylpk Posts: 2
    Same issue here. It was working this afternoon but hasn't synced since about 5pm EST. I have tried all of the reconnect options seen in all the other threads. This is frustrating. To the person above, your fitbit isn't broken, the app to app connectivity is.
  • cherrylpk
    cherrylpk Posts: 2
    It has updated. Maybe they were having server problems.
  • mrsweck
    mrsweck Posts: 4
    I have been using my fitbit one since February. I love it! I have not had any problems with it at all until now. I find it a great weight loss tool. All of the sudden it stopped syncing 2 days ago to my fitbit dashboard. My attempt to force the sync and restart the tracker did not work. Has anyone else experienced this? It's so frustrating because not it won't automatically be synced to MFP...... I welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

Are you having trouble syncing your Fitbit device to your Fitbit account to get the read out? I have the Flex and when I first had this issue I did some research on the Fitbit site and was instructed to manually reset the device (which I was told would not erase the data, and it DIDN'T). I put mine in the charging dock and there is a pinhole on the dock that you stick a paper clip in. You hold the paper clip in until all the lights blink. Then you should be able to sync it to the dashboard. Hope that helps. But definitely check the fitbit website. Do not reset it until you know for sure it wont erase the data!!

On another note, my fitbit is still NOT syncing to MFP tonight. VERY frustrating.

AHH 5 seconds after I originally posted this it synced!

33485056.png
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    I like to see the steps - it's motivating! I still don't see it syncing properly in MFP but I will check out the FitBit group. It syncs with its app but that neg calorie adjustment is throwing me off!

You can disable the negative calorie adjustment on MFP by going to the Settings Tab > Diary Settings. Under Diary Settings, there is a check box for disabling the negative calorie adjustment. I only care if I've burned enough calories to earn some exercise calories. If no exercise calories are earned, then I take that as a cue to be more active when possible. Work is about the only thing that gets in the way of racking up more steps toward my daily goal. Otherwise, I can usually make my goal and then some.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    I've had problems off and on with syncing since I got my fitbit. But if you really think your fitbit might be broken, contact customer service; they are great! I lost mine a few months ago and they actually sent me a new one for free!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You can disable the negative calorie adjustment on MFP by going to the Settings Tab > Diary Settings. Under Diary Settings, there is a check box for disabling the negative calorie adjustment.
    If you disable negative calorie adjustments, you might not eat at a deficit on less active days.
  • bestlife42
    bestlife42 Posts: 36 Member
    I have tried all of the work fixes that they recommend on the fitbit website. I also attempted to place a pin in the bottom of my fitbit one. In the end I ended up erasing all of my information. I never had a problem with the syncing from the fitbit to the MFP website it was only a problem syncing from the device itself to the fitbit account. Anyway, I ended up contacting customer service and was told that my device is defective. My device will be replaced. I can't wait until I receive it!