P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    I'm currently doing the Ten Minute Trainer right now..also by Beachbody and Tony Horton. I tried the p90x years ago but didn't finish it. I'm planning on starting it again right after I finish the ten minute trainer in three weeks. I'm ready for the challenge!!

Yeah lady, get back into the p90x craze. We all need the encouragement.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    I'm currently doing the Ten Minute Trainer right now..also by Beachbody and Tony Horton.

Kinda ironic that in Ontario, and Michigan, Tim Horton is a chain of doughnut shops! LOL!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    I have seen this program - seen a few people using it - think it's a great motivational tool.

However, if you don't want to spend the money you could go online and grab the workouts offered for circuit training or use the Workout of the Day offered on Crossfit. Anything that combines cardio/strength and resistence for 40 min will burn over 400 calories and help tone your body. Just more proactive if you have to search for it yourself.

I wish cossfit was offered near me, I'd have to travel about 1 hour.

If you use their website crossfit.com you can get the workout of the day for free and they demonstrate all the exercises with video clips so... you can do without having a crossfit gym nearby!!

Good Luck with the P90X !
  • joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    I have seen a bunch of people selling copies of the DVDs on craigslist but I'm hesitant because I don't want to get jipped and/or have the DVDs not work for me. I guess I'm torn right now, I want to do it, I'll have to save up. Don't know where you would be able to download copies of the DVDs online, I'm not really good with that stuff.
  • p90x_Dude
    I have seen this program - seen a few people using it - think it's a great motivational tool.

However, if you don't want to spend the money you could go online and grab the workouts offered for circuit training or use the Workout of the Day offered on Crossfit. Anything that combines cardio/strength and resistence for 40 min will burn over 400 calories and help tone your body. Just more proactive if you have to search for it yourself.

I wish cossfit was offered near me, I'd have to travel about 1 hour.

If you use their website crossfit.com you can get the workout of the day for free and they demonstrate all the exercises with video clips so... you can do without having a crossfit gym nearby!!

Good Luck with the P90X !

Thanks, I'll check that out. It could be the followup to p90x
  • p90x_Dude
    I have seen a bunch of people selling copies of the DVDs on craigslist but I'm hesitant because I don't want to get jipped and/or have the DVDs not work for me. I guess I'm torn right now, I want to do it, I'll have to save up. Don't know where you would be able to download copies of the DVDs online, I'm not really good with that stuff.

understood, always a risk I guess. That's why I usually go with ebay, but as I was shopping it looked like I'd almost pay the same. I'll keep my eyes opened for any deals.
  • joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Have you seen it anywhere for cheaper?
  • p90x_Dude
    Have you seen it anywhere for cheaper?

Where are you located (city), I'll search craigslist. The cheapest I've seen it sell for is around $100.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I want to know how you enjoyed chest,. shoulders and tris. It is a humdinger!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Let me know if you have questions, I've done 4 rounds of P90X and one of the X+. LOVE Tony Horton!!

Jess
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Looks cool, I read a few reviews on it and understand it. I won't buy it, cuz looking through the routines, I do similar stuff already, and there are certain workouts I can't do (because I am in the middle of my baseball season and I pitch, my weight training is a different type), but if you have the money and can commit to it, great!

Good luck to everyone trying it. I wish you guys the best.
  • p90x_Dude

WOW, it was a BEAST. I enjoyed it though, I was somewhere in the 8-25 rep range for everything except the one arm pushups (I'm still looking for my rear end they kicked me so hard :laugh: )

Not looking forward to plyo, but I'm going to BRING IT all the same. Thanks for checking in
  • p90x_Dude
    Let me know if you have questions, I've done 4 rounds of P90X and one of the X+. LOVE Tony Horton!!

Jess

WOW 4 rounds, you know if I could build a house right now it would include a workout area almost identical to that on P90X.
  • p90x_Dude
    Looks cool, I read a few reviews on it and understand it. I won't buy it, cuz looking through the routines, I do similar stuff already, and there are certain workouts I can't do (because I am in the middle of my baseball season and I pitch, my weight training is a different type), but if you have the money and can commit to it, great!

Good luck to everyone trying it. I wish you guys the best.

hey man where do you play baseball? I played in a mens adult league in greensboro for one year. My team won the championship and then I moved away :sad: I did possibly have the record for the longest homerun in the league though before I left :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    hey man where do you play baseball? I played in a mens adult league in greensboro for one year. My team won the championship and then I moved away :sad: I did possibly have the record for the longest homerun in the league though before I left :happy:

I play in the Massachusetts Senior Baseball League. We are the Boston Braves
    Here is our site. www.bostonbaseball.com We are in the american league, central division.

Here is our Personal website if you're interested. bostonbraves.400hitter.com

I am doing ok. I'm primarily a pitcher, but I'm fast so I also play outfield, I hate where they have me hitting (4th), cuz I am a line drive hitter, not really a power guy. And this puts me in a spot where I see basically 3 curveballs and 1 fastball per appearance, but oh well. Doing ok, batting about .365 so I can't complain. Oh, the name is Steve Hare if you're interested. Unfortunately most of our fields have no fence, so hitting home runs in our league is kid of a red herring. Plus, the freakin cities around here don't take care of the fields, and the grass is always so high that hitting the ball deep means it stops after 2 bounces.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member

WOW, it was a BEAST. I enjoyed it though, I was somewhere in the 8-25 rep range for everything except the one arm pushups (I'm still looking for my rear end they kicked me so hard :laugh: )

Not looking forward to plyo, but I'm going to BRING IT all the same. Thanks for checking in

CST is awesome! I'm always sore for days after that one... plange pushups, and those slow and fast ones get me every time!

Bring it!

Jess
  • p90x_Dude

I play in the Massachusetts Senior Baseball League. We are the Boston Braves
    Here is our site. www.bostonbaseball.com We are in the american league, central division.

Here is our Personal website if you're interested. bostonbraves.400hitter.com

I am doing ok. I'm primarily a pitcher, but I'm fast so I also play outfield, I hate where they have me hitting (4th), cuz I am a line drive hitter, not really a power guy. And this puts me in a spot where I see basically 3 curveballs and 1 fastball per appearance, but oh well. Doing ok, batting about .365 so I can't complain. Oh, the name is Steve Hare if you're interested. Unfortunately most of our fields have no fence, so hitting home runs in our league is kid of a red herring. Plus, the freakin cities around here don't take care of the fields, and the grass is always so high that hitting the ball deep means it stops after 2 bounces.

Be thankful you have a league in your area. Man I would love to play baseball again, so unfortunately it's industrial league softball instead :grumble:

Keep hitting linedrives man I too was a linedrive hitter, but because of my size I saw all kinds of off speed pitches. I was a good off speed hitter, but I was definitely a dead fastball hitter any speed it didn't matter.
  • p90x_Dude

CST is awesome! I'm always sore for days after that one... plange pushups, and those slow and fast ones get me every time!

Bring it!

Jess

Yep I'm a little sore today, thought it would be more actually. I know the day isn't over yet either so more could find it's way to me :noway:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member

LOL: I forgot about those 1 armed pushups, and the plyo's. Almost planted my nose on the mat once while doing (trying) them on my toes! Wow, you're reps are great, wait until the month is finished! You'll be flying thru it! Great job.
  • p90x_Dude

LOL: I forgot about those 1 armed pushups, and the plyo's. Almost planted my nose on the mat once while doing (trying) them on my toes! Wow, you're reps are great, wait until the month is finished! You'll be flying thru it! Great job.

Thanks Carvan, I laughed out loud when you were talking about the face plant because that was almost me once or twice yesterday :laugh: Man if you had video of it you'd have something to laugh about for days:laugh: