Am I the Only One Who Hated Frozen?

12346»

Replies

• Mitsuo8
    Mitsuo8 Posts: 27 Member
    It was alright for a kids movie, just alright. You are not alone though, my boyfriend did not like it because it really is, a movie for little girls lol.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Did not care for it. It had some good points but the plot was seriously lacking even for a Disney movie.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    I didn't hate it, but I didn't see what all the hype was about. I prefer binge watching the classic Disney movies. Like LIttle Mermaid, Snow White, ect..
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    It sure doesn't compare to The Jungle Book...that's for sure.

My wife and 11 month old daughter love it. I'm pretty sure the next time it plays my ears will bleed and my head will explode.

Where did all the good Disney movies go?
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Yes. It's just you.

No, seriously, I think it's getting too much credit myself. But I did like one gag in it. "The Duke of Weaseltown" [ahem... "Weyselton"] was hilarious.

haha I liked that part too!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Never saw it.
  • Um... it's like they needed a music video for 'Let it go'(while I think Idina did a wonderful job with the song, it doesn't even come close to 'Defying Gravity') and decided to make a movie. The movie was okay, there was nothing spectacular about it and it was actually kind of boring.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    I didn't hate it, but I was very underwhelmed.

It was way, way oversold to me. "Go see this now, it's soooo good, you NEED to see it!" After all that I was thinking it would be as good as my childhood favorites (The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast) or maybe even better! And, yeah, it was not.

The songs are alright, but those characters do not hold a candle to the ones from the movies I mentioned. The villain especially was really lacking. Awesme villains are part of what made those other movies so great! Jafar is almost the best character in Aladdin (second only to the Genie, IMO).

The only thing that really gave me the feels was "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" That pretty much summed up my whole childhood!
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Totally agree... I don't hate it but it is definitely overrated. And the fact that it has invaded pop-culture with all the parodies and constant Let It Go and Do You Want to Build a Snowman references everywhere does make it extra obnoxious.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Wow... posted this before I went out to do yardwork and am stoked to see a lot of responses. I genuinely enjoy hearing others' opinions and, as many of you pointed out, I should have given credit for the message. Wifey and I were pretty stoked that it was sibling love, not girl must be with guy love, that saved the day.

However, the main character (uh... not Elsa... redhead?) sucked as a character. Every time she got into it, like I imagine Disney wanted to send a message of girl power, it was more like reckless and irresponsible behavior, but she lucked out and never actually killed anyone on accident. I thought her character was really immature, irresponsible and, as whacky as this will sound, one we probably won't want our (future) kids to see as a role model. I know that's extreme and we are weird people.

To everyone who said, "Yes, you are the only one," congratulations on figuring out sarcasm. You have come so far. Next on the docket: tact and originality.
  • JustinAnimal
    I was not impressed. John Leguizamo always does well, but his talent was a little (disappointingly) wasted here, i thought. I haven't been crazy about a Disney movie since Aladdin. I still have most of the songs in that one memorized.

Dear lord I didn't even realize that was him, seriously wasted, he's hysterical!

Uh... kind of weirded out... who did John Leguizamo voice? I mean, I don't think I heard him anywhere and, according to imdb.com, he was nowhere in it...

John Gad? The snowman guy? They are very different people.
  • JustinAnimal
    I feel the need to explain why I hated Avatar, but I'm sure there are other online articles that would articulate it better than me.

Anyway, here goes:

-Plot: ridiculously cliched. It was Pocohantas and probably six other similar plotlines of big, evil, greedy (often white) men plundering the nature-loving, proud, but totally vulnerable people. It's a cliche at this point and a totally safe, tested, successful storyline to drag out of the closet and use as a vessel for the SPECIAL EFFECTS!

-SFX: This was almost literally THE reason for making this movie. When you enjoy classic cinema, just the thought of making a movie solely for its 3D qualities and CGI kind of makes you cringe... well... if you're me, anyway.

-Navi: They were Native American Indians. Like almost literally. Their connection to nature. Their clothes. Their weapons. The facial structure of their leader looked a lot like depictions of famous Native American chiefs, their language and, often, tone of voice, seriously sounded like Native American Indians. I could be reading too far into this and exposing the obvious racist that I am, but I felt like if I were (more than 1/64) Native American, I might have written a letter. I expect this comment to get some raging backlash, so I'll check back in an hour.

-Alien life: The animals were almost literally combinations of two earth animals. Like a horse and an octopus... okay, not that, but you know what I mean. I know I've seen some funny internet posts about that.

-Bad Guys: They were unspeakably evil to a point of being pretty ridiculous. I believe it was just to create massive sympathy for the Navi.

-Sigourney Weaver: Just because you cast her in Aliens doesn't mean you need to cast her in this. Am I the only one who thinks she's talentless (other than in Aliens)? Will check back for the, "Yes, you are the only one," responses.

Well, that's just my opinion. But if you liked Avatar, you'd probably enjoy Aliens or Terminator 2 better. In my opinion, they are much better examples of James Cameron's work and a testament to the fact that old school SFX are way more entertaining to watch than complete CGI effects. I'll take the monsters in Big Trouble in Little China over Avatar any day of the week.
  • butterrum13
    butterrum13 Posts: 77 Member
    I was really disappointed when I saw it, considering all the attention it was getting. It's cheesy and more than a little boring.

But my kids love it, and I am stuck actively stalking stores to pick up merchandise for my daughters' birthday and Christmas presents. Disney and resalers are making a ridiculous amount of cash off of this crap.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I likded it.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member

-Sigourney Weaver: Just because you cast her in Aliens doesn't mean you need to cast her in this. Am I the only one who thinks she's talentless (other than in Aliens)? Will check back for the, "Yes, you are the only one," responses.

I think you're forgetting her awesome roles in Ghostbusters 1 & 2. lol
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    I feel the need to explain why I hated Avatar, but I'm sure there are other online articles that would articulate it better than me.

Anyway, here goes:

-Plot: ridiculously cliched. It was Pocohantas and probably six other similar plotlines of big, evil, greedy (often white) men plundering the nature-loving, proud, but totally vulnerable people. It's a cliche at this point and a totally safe, tested, successful storyline to drag out of the closet and use as a vessel for the SPECIAL EFFECTS!

-SFX: This was almost literally THE reason for making this movie. When you enjoy classic cinema, just the thought of making a movie solely for its 3D qualities and CGI kind of makes you cringe... well... if you're me, anyway.

-Navi: They were Native American Indians. Like almost literally. Their connection to nature. Their clothes. Their weapons. The facial structure of their leader looked a lot like depictions of famous Native American chiefs, their language and, often, tone of voice, seriously sounded like Native American Indians. I could be reading too far into this and exposing the obvious racist that I am, but I felt like if I were (more than 1/64) Native American, I might have written a letter. I expect this comment to get some raging backlash, so I'll check back in an hour.

-Alien life: The animals were almost literally combinations of two earth animals. Like a horse and an octopus... okay, not that, but you know what I mean. I know I've seen some funny internet posts about that.

-Bad Guys: They were unspeakably evil to a point of being pretty ridiculous. I believe it was just to create massive sympathy for the Navi.

Well, that's just my opinion. But if you liked Avatar, you'd probably enjoy Aliens or Terminator 2 better. In my opinion, they are much better examples of James Cameron's work and a testament to the fact that old school SFX are way more entertaining to watch than complete CGI effects. I'll take the monsters in Big Trouble in Little China over Avatar any day of the week.

Brother, don't even start with Avatar. I hated that steamy pile of sh.......
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member

Anyway, here goes:

Meh... I can't argue with most of that. I still found the movie highly entertaining, and I love Sam Worthington... so for me... good movie!

Of course, I can't say I bothered to sit through it more than once (now that you mention it).
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    I didn't mind it.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    OP sometimes when you don't like a movie you just need to...let it goooooooo, let it goooooooooo!!!

In all seriousness though...first time I saw it I thought it was cute, it became a little much when it was the only movie my kid wanted to watch...luckily we have moved onto Pokemon and Ninja Turtles now.
  • JustinAnimal

I think you're forgetting her awesome roles in Ghostbusters 1 & 2. lol

Oh, my GOOODNESS do I stand corrected. Never forget about ghostbusers.

ETA: NEVER!