Wraps

Replies

• ghuppert1
    ghuppert1 Posts: 3 Member
    I have two favorites:

Grilled veg wrap - large tortilla spread with either a roasted pepper tapenade or roasted pepper hummus, then pile on grilled portabella mushroom, eggplant, bell pepper and onion. and a slice of low fat provolone. If you want some extra texture, roll it all up and put it back on the grill for a bit like a panini.

Second is a rotisserie buffalo ranch chicken wrap. Shred or chunk (I like chuncked) a rotisserie chicken, add chopped celery, chopped onion, low fat ranch dressing, your favorite buffalo wing sauce (straight hot sauce works in a pinch) and mix. In the tortilla pile on the chicken mix then shredded lettuce and spinach and chopped tomato.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    I worked in a bistro and my favorite wrap was our protein salad wrap. It's not very complicated, but I can't seem to get enough of em. Best of all is they add up to ~200-300 cals with ~10-30g protein depending on the portions of cheese and meat.

- Flat out light wrap
    -Generous application of hummis spread
    -shreaded turkey and ham
    -lettace
    -tomato
    -cheese
    -a few onions
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Bumping For Later, Thanks for all the great wraps!
  • jayana23
    jayana23 Posts: 6
    I make my own wraps out of chick pea flour and I like to spread Kroger private selection yogurt dips on them and throw on a slice of light balogna and a celery stick. Only around 140 cals. Per wrap.

Interesting! Can u share recipe plz :smile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I mass produce wraps for my kid and fiance so they have easy lunches. Their favorite is roast beef with onion and saracha sauce and cheese, I also make turkey/ham/cheese, ham/cheese, taco, chicken fajhitas (super easy to bake everything all at once), and sometimes I'll make them breakfast burritoes with eggs, cheese, sausage and salsa.
  • jazzo1121
    jazzo1121 Posts: 3 Member
    I use the fiber one wraps, with thinly sliced chicken or shrimp, sauteed peppers, onions and advocado slices.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Not a real wrap, but today I used green leaf lettuce as wraps for the first time and it was really good.

I do this for tacos and fajitas sometimes. It does a pretty good job when I am low on calories at dinner
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    so many ideas and new things to try!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 217 Member
    Bump for ideas. Oh and one of my favorites is broccoli slaw cooked in a little coconut oil with Cajun seasoning and grilled chicken. We usually use lettuce as the wrap.
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    I make myself a veggie wrap for lunch and it is soooo good, thought I would share in case anyone else would like to make one...

1 tomato wrap

3 small sweet peppers (red, yellow, and orange)

1/2 cup canned mushrooms (fresh, if you do not prefer canned)

1/4 cup sliced onions

1/4 cup avacado

*I sautéed all of the veggies, but you can add them raw if you like*

1/3 cup of low fat shredded cheese (I used Weight Watchers reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese)

1 tbsp. of salsa (which now gave tomatoes, and a little extra onions and peppers)

I also had a 1/2 cup of black beans as a side

Total calories, including the side of beans is less than 400!

I am always looking for new things to try for lunch and dinner, and this wrap was so delicious, and I was so full after I was done eating, and you can add other veggies, chicken, and even rice, hope this helps someone else looking for a lunch idea!
  • RaJoCo
    RaJoCo Posts: 101 Member
    Today I cooked myself a Tilapia Lettuce Wrap with corn rice and mango salsa....ate this whole plate and it was only 290 calories!

10480193_589811144468110_6039192136594726928_n.jpg
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Today I cooked myself a Tilapia Lettuce Wrap with corn rice and mango salsa....ate this whole plate and it was only 290 calories!

How pretty, wow!!!
  • RaJoCo
    RaJoCo Posts: 101 Member

How pretty, wow!!!

Thanks, one of my favorite parts of preparing my meals is plating it all fancy like...it makes me feel like a "chef" LOL
  • Cliff1957
    Cliff1957 Posts: 3
    Fish Taco with a Mango Salsa (Mango, Cilantro, Green Onion and Jalapeno Pepper for a little heat)
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    bump
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    My favorite this week has been:
    Flat out whole grain (100 cals)
    3-4 oz grilled chicken breast
    2-3 leaves romaine lettuce
    matchstick-cut jalapeno
    matchstick-cut cucumbers
    diced tomato
    drizzle of Frank's Buffalo wing sauce
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I mass produce wraps for my kid and fiance so they have easy lunches. Their favorite is roast beef with onion and saracha sauce and cheese, I also make turkey/ham/cheese, ham/cheese, taco, chicken fajhitas (super easy to bake everything all at once), and sometimes I'll make them breakfast burritoes with eggs, cheese, sausage and salsa.

haha sorry, I already posted this...time to check "My Topics" lmao
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Lately I've been having dry uncured salami, 2 slices of bacon, thinly sliced tomato, romaine or spinach, and a slice of havarti. It's really good without the bacon too, but I'm not one to omit bacon :)

wrap625.jpg
  • Mygsds
    Lately I've been having dry uncured salami, 2 slices of bacon, thinly sliced tomato, romaine or spinach, and a slice of havarti. It's really good without the bacon too, but I'm not one to omit bacon :)

wrap625.jpg

So making this... Looks AMAZING
  • Mygsds
    Well, what can I say but thank you. When I started this post I was in hopes of a few recipes that I could use.... You all "blew it out of the water". Again, thank you all for your time..