What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    What's your calorie goal, out of curiosity?

I typically don't eat breakfast until after noon. Eggs, avacado, onion, tomato, cheese scrambled is something I really like. Bacon, too when I have some. Greek yogurt with fruit is pretty good too. Something with a decent amount of protein and fats tend to keep me more satiated

My calorie goal is 1200. During the week I get up for work at 5:15AM and drink a shake on my way to work at about 6:30AM. Around 9:30AM I am getting hungry and will eat a piece of fruit or something. Then I am starving by 11:30AM and eat lunch then. I try to eat a small snack around 2PM so I can get through boot camp. I think eating the more filling breakfast set me up for the day, but I do not want to eat high fat, high cholesterol, etc. foods.

No wonder you're hungry. You've got 9 lbs left to lose, why are you setting yourself up for 2 lbs a week loss? Pick a less aggressive goal. Something like .5-1lb a week loss. With less to lose, you need to lessen your deficit or you risk muscle loss.

Also, there's nothing wrong with fats. Fats are good for hormone control and overall health..
    Have you read this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I am not set up for a 2lb week weight loss, I am at .5 a week. I usually eat more than 1200 because I walk at lunchtime and I work out each day. I do sometimes eat over my 1200. I am not afraid of fats at all, trust me I eat them! I just do not want to eat unhealthy foods every morning.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Quest bars!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member

I typically don't eat breakfast until after noon. Eggs, avacado, onion, tomato, cheese scrambled is something I really like. Bacon, too when I have some. Greek yogurt with fruit is pretty good too. Something with a decent amount of protein and fats tend to keep me more satiated

My calorie goal is 1200. During the week I get up for work at 5:15AM and drink a shake on my way to work at about 6:30AM. Around 9:30AM I am getting hungry and will eat a piece of fruit or something. Then I am starving by 11:30AM and eat lunch then. I try to eat a small snack around 2PM so I can get through boot camp. I think eating the more filling breakfast set me up for the day, but I do not want to eat high fat, high cholesterol, etc. foods.

No wonder you're hungry. You've got 9 lbs left to lose, why are you setting yourself up for 2 lbs a week loss? Pick a less aggressive goal. Something like .5-1lb a week loss. With less to lose, you need to lessen your deficit or you risk muscle loss.

Also, there's nothing wrong with fats. Fats are good for hormone control and overall health..
    Have you read this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I am not set up for a 2lb week weight loss, I am at .5 a week. I usually eat more than 1200 because I walk at lunchtime and I work out each day. I do sometimes eat over my 1200. I am not afraid of fats at all, trust me I eat them! I just do not want to eat unhealthy foods every morning.

... Nothing I suggested to you was unhealthy.

Healthy is in the context of an entire diet, not individual foods. Every food you eat has some form of nutritional value, some more than others. Once your nutrient needs are met, you don't get bonus points for more than what your body requires, that's Eric Helms.

Anyway, you don't have to eat bacon if you don't want to, I'm assuming that's what you take issue with... but you're missing out. It's really high protein for the calories... and delicious
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    I usually start my workdays off with a strawberry banana smoothie (usually drink it on the way into work around 6ish)

Soy meal replacement supplement in Vanilla
    half a banana
    half a cup of strawberries
    8oz sweetened Almond milk ( or unsweetened depending on how sweet the fruit is that day)
    and some ice

Holds me over until lunch time (noon)

On the weekends, I don't really eat breakfast--but if I do then its 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites and turkey bacon with fruit or coffee. That's good for me until my next meal usually 3-4 hours later.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    First off, there's nothing wrong with those high fat, high cholesterol foods unless you have a medical reason to avoid them.

My go-to breakfasts lately have been a protein shake (Greek yogurt, protein powder, and fruit) or oatmeal w/ protein powder and fruit and a dash of milk (sometimes some PB or sugar on top). If I'm trying to eat light for the day I may just have Greek yogurt and fruit on my way out the door. Also, coffee with milk & creamer alongside each of those.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

Have you read this?

High fat foods =/= unhealthy automatically. There are lots and lots of things that are really good for you that are higher in fats. And many of those are your standard breakfast foods. Because fat, fiber, and protein are what help keep you fuller and more satiated for longer.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    I have about 1.5 serving of steel cut oats and 1 serving of fage total mixed in with it and I dont eat till anywhere between 10 and noon.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    I usually make breakfast my largest meal of the day and try to balance with protein, carbs and fats. So on a typical morning I'll eat an egg scramble with onions, jalapenos, garlic, kale, whatever veggies I have laying around, a piece of fruit on the side and then either turkey sausage/bacon. 2 Ingredient banana pancakes are also awesome.

I've found with myself that if breakfast is my largest meal, I'm more likely to stay fuller longer!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Hmm. No big secret here. I ate lasagna this morning. If your breakfast isn't holding you for very long, try upping the calories you eat.
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    I have 1cup frozen blueberries, 1/2cup old fashioned oats, and 1cup Fage plain 2% Greek yogurt. Its creamy, sweet, and satiating. :)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    I have protein shakes for breakfast. But i like to have the hearty breakfast food for dinner sometimes.. mmmmm omelettes
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Breakfast tends to make more hungry through out the day. :ohwell:
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    I have wheat biscuits and pancakes. not very 'healthy', i know, but they keep me full and give me tonnes of energy for my workout!
  • Goliath1357
    Goliath1357 Posts: 65 Member
    I usually eat oatmeal with blueberries, egg whites, and some vegetables.
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    I usually make breakfast my largest meal of the day and try to balance with protein, carbs and fats. So on a typical morning I'll eat an egg scramble with onions, jalapenos, garlic, kale, whatever veggies I have laying around, a piece of fruit on the side and then either turkey sausage/bacon. 2 Ingredient banana pancakes are also awesome.

I've found with myself that if breakfast is my largest meal, I'm more likely to stay fuller longer!

I am going to try this all next week and see what the difference is, I think I finally found what will work for me! Yesterday was a huge difference in how I felt working out and after I worked out.
  • Frau112
    Frau112 Posts: 3
    Try including protein powder in your morning smoothie, protein helps keep you feeling satisfied longer :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    I have protein shakes for breakfast. But i like to have the hearty breakfast food for dinner sometimes.. mmmmm omelettes

Yum...omelettes!!♡

Also, random note: your white mage pp is adorables!
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    cottage cheese with strawberries