What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    I have 2 hard boiled eggs and some grapes lately. Otherwise, typically a Greek yogurt with granola.
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you everyone for all the ideas! :heart: I know that fats are good for you, I guess that is not what I really meant when I wrote that. Next week I am going to eat a heartier breakfast than I have been and see how it affects the rest of my day.:bigsmile:
  • britty1018
    britty1018 Posts: 5 Member
    A bowl of corn flakes satisfies me in the morning
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Thank you everyone for all the ideas! :heart: I know that fats are good for you, I guess that is not what I really meant when I wrote that. Next week I am going to eat a heartier breakfast than I have been and see how it affects the rest of my day.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Just didn't want you to miss out on delicious thangs! :P
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Recently I've been having a protein smoothie

Protein powder (chocolate) 30 g
    Banana
    strawberries
    blueberries

+ some water, stevia + cinnamon. > blend > 250ish calories (depending on the weight of the fruits)
    Keeps me full for hours actually, you wouldn't think a liquid would but it really does. I freeze all my fruit too which gives it a thicker texture I think. :) + plus it's nice and cold
  • jenerator2000
    jenerator2000 Posts: 5 Member
    I ususally eat eggwhites and quinoa with homemade salsa and cashew cream. If I have worked out hard and noticed that the day before I was super hungry, I will add one egg to the egg whites. I also eat every 2-3 hours and when I get to work I have an apple and carrots so that I don't overdo lunch and I have enough energy to work out when I get home from work, before dinner.
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member

:flowerforyou: Just didn't want you to miss out on delicious thangs! :P

Never! I love food too much :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • tonivor
    tonivor Posts: 4
    HI,

I find porridge made with water instead of milk is good for keeping me fuller longer. The rationale of the water in preference to milk is I can increase the normal 40g serving to 50g this comes in at only 277 calories. Whereas 40g made with 125 ml semi skimmed milk is just over 100 calories more but has less oats. The numbers include a banana chopped into the porridge :smile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My most common breakfasts are pretty low calorie, but I eat them at 7:00 AM and then I go to lunch at 11:30 AM so I don't need them to hold me over for a super long time.

Egg Taco
    1 cooked egg on a SMALL (fajita size) flour tortilla, with or without onions/spinach
    splash of chipotle ranch dressing
    I often pair this with some cubes of cantaloupe or fresh pineapple
    cup of coffee w/ almond milk

My version of fridge oats
    3-5 oz plain nonfat Greek yogurt
    thawed frozen berries, cut up peaches, or some other fruit
    1/8 c quick oats
    1/3 tbsp. ground flaxseed
    (combine all, refrigerate overnight, stir & serve in AM)

Muffin Cup
    1 egg
    1/4 c quick oats
    1/3 c blueberries or blackberries
    1 tsp brown sugar
    splash of vanilla
    dash of cinnamon
    (mix all in coffee cup & microwave 2 min)
    I turn it out onto a plate and top with a little sugar free syrup & 1/8 c pecans or walnuts

Breakfast Sandwich
    whole grain 100 cal Sandwich Skinny
    1 cooked egg
    1 slice veggie bacon or sausage
    1/2 tbsp. green tomato relish

Boiled Egg, toast & fruit

Toast with Nutkao (similar to Nutella) and 1/2 sliced banana
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    I like eat full-fat greek yogurt, berries or some kind of fruit and a belvita bar mixed in. The bar is just cause they were on sale - sometimes it cereal, sometimes its granola, etc. etc.

With coffee of course.

Sometimes, if I know I'm going to have a crazy workout day/weekend - I'll add a protein shake to that too. Kinda like pre-gaming. I don't know if there is science behind it but it makes me feel better so I do it.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    What's your calorie goal, out of curiosity?

I typically don't eat breakfast until after noon. Eggs, avacado, onion, tomato, cheese scrambled is something I really like. Bacon, too when I have some. Greek yogurt with fruit is pretty good too. Something with a decent amount of protein and fats tend to keep me more satiated

My calorie goal is 1200. During the week I get up for work at 5:15AM and drink a shake on my way to work at about 6:30AM. Around 9:30AM I am getting hungry and will eat a piece of fruit or something. Then I am starving by 11:30AM and eat lunch then. I try to eat a small snack around 2PM so I can get through boot camp. I think eating the more filling breakfast set me up for the day, but I do not want to eat high fat, high cholesterol, etc. foods.

This is very similar to my own plan - however I have changed it up depending on if I am working out or not. If I work out in the morning and I have time, I will make sure to make a bowl of oatmeal (non-instant) and throw in a scoop of protein powder and tablespoon of peanut butter while it is still hot. When I do that, I am full all morning and don't even have the urge to eat my apple for morning snack (but I do anyway) - if I don't have time to make that breakfast, I will do a double serving protein shake with water, or, a single with milk.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Agree you might need more than 1200 calories for a start. Also, if you pre-organise what to eat when you get back from working out it might help. If i leave myself hungry for too long and have to prepare something afterwards, it starts to get more and more likely I'll grab and eat stuff without thinking.
    '
    I try to think outside the box of breakfast, lunch etc. And I re-named them 'first, second, third meal' and snacks plus a 'still hungry' section. I portion my food out accordingly, and it doesn't matter if its not breakfast food that I eat for my 'first meal'. Who says you can't have lunch foods then? might be a lot more filling than typical brekky foods you had in mind, because I'd say most breakfast foods don't have a lot of protein, but carbs and sugar.
    I'd pick something like that, or if it's a breakfast food, something high in protein or perhaps try a protein smoothie or something.

I don't know if they have them over there, but I found having high protein Weetbix with zero fat milk and a little sliced bananas, berries etc very filling. Or if you have time, an omelette with whatever you've got on hand might do the trick. I usually chuck in some shaved turkey or chicken breast, or leftover meat, veggies etc.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Almost always fruit. Mostly a banana or clementines.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    I have protein shakes for breakfast. But i like to have the hearty breakfast food for dinner sometimes.. mmmmm omelettes

Yum...omelettes!!♡

Also, random note: your white mage pp is adorables!

Final Fantasy FTW! I lost my original profile pic somehow and I'm at work so White Mage it is! I'm doing poached eggs with some cheesy sauce for breakfast on saturday. I've got it all planned out already
  • ExerGal99
    ExerGal99 Posts: 6 Member
    An oatmeal smoothie with almond or soy milk, peanuts, kale or spinach, few drops of honey, whey protein and a banana. It is not low calorie, but on the days when I will teach multiple aerobics classes it fits in my calories and keeps me full until lunch.

Other days I've been eating the Kellogg's Nourish oatmeal and have been full, but that's on my non exercise days.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    I eat 2 or 3 eggs and then bacon or a sausage, plus broccoli if I have it, or mushrooms. It fills me up until 12 or so, unless I have to work (which I work at 6am usually, so I am eating at around 5, and then I'm hungry at 10 or so, and I'll have a KIND bar).
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Lateley I have been eating a whole wheat english muffin with neufachatel cheese and hard boiled egg (make it a sandwich on the go) with my coffee so yum
  • writerly
    writerly Posts: 20 Member
    I love Atkins protein shakes. They taste awful, but keep me full for about two hours. Which then, after work in the morning, I go to the gym, so that knocks off another hour and I eat again around lunch time. :)
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    During the work week I fix a bowl of Quaker's Weight Control Oatmeal--has extra protein and fiber in it. I'm addicted to the maple flavor. I eat that usually when I get into work around 8ish. Around 10:30 or 11:00 I have a yogurt only because I like to eat every 3 hours or so.

Weekends...usually a couple of eggs with toast and some bacon (love me some bacon) or turkey sausage on the side!