MFP Runner's Club August 19

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I was scheduled for 5 easy miles today. However, after watching the Olympics 100 & 200 meter heats last night, I found it challenging to run an "easy" run today.:laugh:

Make it a great day
:heart: -Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I was scheduled for 5 easy miles today. However, after watching the Olympics 100 & 200 meter heats last night, I found it challenging to run an "easy" run today.:laugh:

Make it a great day
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Great run, Ketchie!

I was going to run, but my buddies were biking so I joined them for a 24 mile hilly bike ride! Felt great and it's nice to done, showered, and finished w/ breakfast by 7AM!

Have a good one!

Jess
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Morning!

I woke up to my calves being extremely sore this morning (due to BodyAttack class yesterday). Walking is a challenge and going up and down stairs is torture!! lol
    It the good pain tho, the kind of pain you know is there because you worked hard.

So, I'm taking today off from working out.

Kechie, I know what you mean! It's hard to run when you didn't get enough sleep.

Have a great day all!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Great run, Ketchie!

I was going to run, but my buddies were biking so I joined them for a 24 mile hilly bike ride! Felt great and it's nice to done, showered, and finished w/ breakfast by 7AM!

Have a good one!

Jess

WOW Jess! You've accomplished more before 7am than what some people do in a whole day!!! lol
  • kechiemc
    Morning!

I woke up to my calves being extremely sore this morning (due to BodyAttack class yesterday). Walking is a challenge and going up and down stairs is torture!! lol
    It the good pain tho, the kind of pain you know is there because you worked hard.

So, I'm taking today off from working out.

Kechie, I know what you mean! It's hard to run when you didn't get enough sleep.

Have a great day all!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Enjoy your day off Mireille. You deserve it!:flowerforyou:

It wasn't that I didn't get enough sleep last night. I was so inspired by the Olympic runners last night that I was constantly running too fast of a pace for an easy run this morning.

-Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Great run, Ketchie!

Have a good one!

Jess

Wow Jess! Great job!:drinker:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • rhosmon
    rhosmon Posts: 3
    Should have posted this yesterday. I'm new to these message boards but I'm a runner too. Ran 13 miles yesterday and lived to tell about it. Feeling really good today. Did some circuit training here at home since I'm home due to tropical storm Fay. Not a good day even for just a short easy run. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Have a good day.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Well, I am not going to beat Jess to the 7am finish line today :laugh:

Anyway, going for 4 miles today. Getting kids ready for school and as soon as they are gone it's just me and the treadmill :smokin:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Morning! Went for a spin class this morning. Didn't get to run because of all of the rain!!:angry: But we need it!!! :smile: Bad!!!!
  • jessmomof3

WOW Jess! You've accomplished more before 7am than what some people do in a whole day!!! lol

And that's why I love early morning exercise!! I feel so accomplished and my whole day is better! ;o) Although I'm ready for bed by 10!! LOL

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Should have posted this yesterday. I'm new to these message boards but I'm a runner too. Ran 13 miles yesterday and lived to tell about it. Feeling really good today. Did some circuit training here at home since I'm home due to tropical storm Fay. Not a good day even for just a short easy run. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Have a good day.

Great run!! Are you training for a marathon?? You'd better stretch and stay safe today!

Jess
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning All! :flowerforyou:

Back from vacation :sad: (and with tighter pants!) :embarassed:

Gotta put my running shoes back on tonight. After my 1/2, I haven't felt like running, but I have to start up again. I like eating too much. :laugh:

Happy Running! :flowerforyou:
  • Hey guys! I woke up to pouring ran this morning so I got on the treadmill and did 8 miles. Hope everyone enjoys their workouts/rests today!

:smile:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Heading out for a 4 miler at lunch time, planning on 9 minute mile pace.

This after doing NO exercise for the last 4 days. Blew off my 8 miler on Sunday.

Tae Kwon Do tonight.

Be safe all.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Did a quick 3.2 this morning....Had to get home before my husband left for football practice! Hopefully Thursday will be a little longer...

Happy Running!

Ali
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Today was strength and stretch day for me... yeah. After the spin class my legs needed a break. Anyway -- happy trails.:happy:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Hey guys:

Did a 4 km run this morning followed by Cardio X. Didn't know if I would get to it as i stayed up to watch the men's tri which finished around 12:30 Yay Canada, we got silver. It was a great race, very inspiring!
  • Shannon023
    Hey guys:

Did a 4 km run this morning followed by Cardio X. Didn't know if I would get to it as i stayed up to watch the men's tri which finished around 12:30 Yay Canada, we got silver. It was a great race, very inspiring!

I LOVE the track & field events!! :drinker:

Did you see where one poor gal, TOTALLY bit it on the first hurdle?? That looked like it hurt like heck! :noway:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Hey guys:

Did you see where one poor gal, TOTALLY bit it on the first hurdle?? That looked like it hurt like heck! :noway:

Do you mean this year's olympics? I know that the Canadian 4 years ago Perdita..... who was supposed to medal, hit the first hurdle and that was it for her.
  • Shannon023
    Hey guys:

Do you mean this year's olympics? I know that the Canadian 4 years ago Perdita..... who was supposed to medal, hit the first hurdle and that was it for her.

Yeah, last night. (Unless I just saw an old clip of that..) :embarassed: