Three years ago today I came home from Rehab.

Replies

• dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    very inspiring!

awesome!
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    I think I got something in my eye...

...me too...

Me three!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Your story is one of great courage, the injury you suffered in fact life threatening and look at you now. Persistence and determination have given you a whole new world, proof that sometimes the best moments come from the horrifying ones. Congratulations to you for your own personal changes and thank you for sharing your story, motivation and determination to others. What an amazing life. :)

I saw a man in a wheelchair at the gym over the winter and he had an assistant who helped him out of his wheelchair onto a seated elliptical where he worked his legs by force of his arms. What's odd about this is just 5 minutes before I was on the very same machine and was actually doing just this, using the force of my arms to propel my legs and thought now this is the perfect machine for those with leg mobility issues. He inpired me to add on running on the treadmill (treadmills bore me) to the cardio that night for the sheer joy that I could run not that I had to.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Your post gave me chills - best post I have read on MFP (and there are a lot of good ones on here!)

You are amazing and a great motivator!
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration and I am so happy for you!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Wow just Wow, what a great story!!
  • Amazing progress!! Thank you!! I needed to hear this today:)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    You. Are. Awesome. That is all. :flowerforyou:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Wow! Very inspiring! I will think of you when I am feeling lazy!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Absolutely fantastic! You look incredible and very happy, well done :smile:
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    I love these stories of overcoming obstacles and pushing through. Your obvious happiness in life is so inspiring! Thank you!
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    awesome job way to go :)
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Amazing story, well done :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    SO amazing. You are gorgeous, lady.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Awesome post! Incredible recovery - you look fantastic! I needed to hear this today. Thank you!
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    You were beautiful before, but you look so incredibly happy now! (And amazing!)

That's a wonderful story. Super inspiring. :happy:
  • Another Step toward Success
    Good morning everyone from sunny California. Thought I would just drop in and say hi and give you a little update on what is happening in my life. I planned out my meals on Fitness pal last night so it would be ready to go for me Iam more liable to stick with it if it is already planned out instead of being random. I have no weight to report as I did it yesterday. Later today I will go for my 2.6 mile walk hopefully to go further soon but right now it is one day at a time .I know people get discouraged at times for one reason or another ( I DO) But you have to take a step back look at where you were say a year ago and say to yourself I can do this look how far I have already come. Set small obtainable goals for yourself to build confident it might not be much but I told myself in the first week of exercise just walk a block and see what happens confidence went thru the roof. you and us together can do this but you need a good support system and you have one here. Enough of my babbling. You all have an awesome day and if you want to talk or be my friend I will gladly accept your request until next time keep your feet moving and your head toward the skies because a new you is a reach away.

Peace- N- Love

Larry
  • I think I got something in my eye...

Yeah, me, too. It's called SOBBING!! OMG this is beyond awesome! GO. YOU.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    This brought tears to my eyes! You're absolutely amazing!
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Hi Joy,

Usually I don't post, but read the success stories when I want to eat something I shouldn't. I just have to reply here. Your story is exactly what I needed today. Your story is truly inspiring; and has touched me more than any I've read. (not that I am knocking anyone's accomplishments. Any victory is worth celebrating!)

You should be so proud of yourself! You look amazing, and it's obvious you feel much better too. Great job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!