Beard burn ....

Guys I'm sorry Im new here and I found an old topic re: beard burn here, so I'm hoping one of you has some wisdom to share with me .....I got beard burn from ONE night of making out, and the skin peeled over the course of 3 days, I moisturized it - but anyway, it left behind a scar that essentially looks like I have a goatee :/ I really don't know how to get rid of it - it's been over a month now since that make out sesh, and of course I've made him shave every time I see him, so its not an issue any longer, but this gosh darn scar just won't go away....it's essentially a circle over my chin, with the part inside the circle lighter (ie. no scarring) but the left part of the circle is really dark and gets darker the farther away from me you are ... when you're close its fine, but from farther away, it's literally all you can see...this gosh darn dark skin that looks like a goatee...does anyone know if this will ever go away or what I can do?! I hate it. :(

Replies

• jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Have you tried Maderma? It is suppose to lessen scars. It is a bit of a pain 3-4 times a day but it really does work!
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    it's been over a month now since that make out sesh,

Just 1 more reason to hate beards!! Wow. :noway:
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    it's been over a month now since that make out sesh,

Just 1 more reason to hate beards!! Wow. :noway:

More like THE reason to hate stubble/scruff. Seems like many women love the scruffy look, but a scruffy beard isn't soft. For most guys I know, once we grow our facial hair to a decent length, beyond just the scruff, it becomes much smoother and doesn't cause issues during certain activities.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I do like the scruff look and it does feel good in "places". But never had it scar my face! Def do NOT like the big beards. Yuck!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I wish I had this problem. Hahahaha
  • laurenz2501
    I do like the scruff look and it does feel good in "places". But never had it scar my face! Def do NOT like the big beards. Yuck!

I LOVE the scruffy/5:00 shadow look...but a full-on beard? No way.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

giphy.gif
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    "The Beards - You Should Consider Having Sex With a Bearded Man"

==>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5nE4UqqLk
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    beards-make-you-hotter-mustaches-make-you-creepier.jpg
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    beards-make-you-hotter-mustaches-make-you-creepier.jpg

haha! I agree! Although I wouldn't call No1 a full beard!!?? I don't like any longer than that tho :bigsmile:
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    I've never gotten "burnt" by a full blown beard, goatee or mustache. Now scruff or stubble on the other hand can be a bit rough on the old face and other parts. lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Never had it to the point of scarring before, that really sucks!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    If it's not tender and sensitive anymore, I would try exfoliation then moisturizing. A gentle scrub, you can even just make a paste with baking soda and water or buy a commercial scrub. Or a hydroxy acid chemical exfoliator, I use an AHA gel from Paula's choice regularly http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/. And then put some aquafor or Vaseline on top until it goes away.
  • laurenz2501

giphy.gif

OMG that's so sad!!!!!! :brokenheart: I take it back! :cry: