Anyone Tried Raspberry Ketones/Garcinia Cambogia?

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    no.
  • EverSinging
    EverSinging Posts: 30 Member
    Couldn't we just consume these things in actual food form? Like, instead of raspberry keytones, just incorporate red raspberries into your diet. Doesn't that sound better?
  • Dr. Oz would tell you to drink battery acid if Duracell paid him enough.

^ Pretty spot on

Unless you're ready to take speed, forget about magic pills. Proper diet and exercise.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Couldn't we just consume these things in actual food form? Like, instead of raspberry keytones, just incorporate red raspberries into your diet. Doesn't that sound better?

Stop with the logic.. Dr Oz will sent out a hit squad :-p
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    I've used Raspberry Keytons with green tea extract in them. At first they did nothing! But my trained told me that if you stay on them for more then a month you'll start seeing results. Sure enough, after about two months i have slowly dropped 7-10 pounds. I didnt have a TON to lose but I was happy! and i loved how they sustained my hunger and cravings! Overall they helped me lose about 15 pounds.. and i say helped because it was in combination with clean eating and working out.

First of all, fire your trainer, because he is a moron. Second, the raspberry ketones did nothing for you other than lighten your wallet and stimulate the placebo effect. The calorie deficit and working out did all the work.

Rigger
  • Shropshire1959
    I've used Raspberry Keytons with green tea extract in them. At first they did nothing! But my trained told me that if you stay on them for more then a month you'll start seeing results. Sure enough, after about two months i have slowly dropped 7-10 pounds. I didnt have a TON to lose but I was happy! and i loved how they sustained my hunger and cravings! Overall they helped me lose about 15 pounds.. and i say helped because it was in combination with clean eating and working out.

First of all, fire your trainer, because he is a moron. Second, the raspberry ketones did nothing for you other than lighten your wallet and stimulate the placebo effect. The calorie deficit and working out did all the work.

Rigger

I agree you loses £s not Lbs
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    I read tired for tried in the topic and thus entered this thread!:huh:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    No, but I hear Hog Wash is really good at getting pigs clean.
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    I take Garcinia Cambogia every day, I have PCOS and it was recommended to me as it helps to prevent sugar uptake from the blood apparently (PCOS causes insulin problems). I stopped taking it for a couple of weeks and I felt like crap (like I used to all the time before) and stopped losing weight despite having lost 40lbs steadily before. Starting taking them again and started losing again a week later.

That said, they are NOT a substitute for hard work. I have worked hard for years to prevent the relentless march of weight gain with PCOS, I understand calorie deficits and exercise calories, etc. etc. and a fat (haaaa) lot of good it has done me. However, since starting the G.C. I have lost 50lbs steadily at around 1.5lbs a week, without changing my already in-deficit diet/exercise regime. :drinker:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I take the Garcinia Cambogia alone. I take 2 capsules in the morning with water but sometimes I will have it with Diet A&W Root Beer, are a glass of milk. The first month I lost 30 lbs!!! I was like wtf is wrong with my scale!?!?!?!?! So I checked my scale made sure the batteries were in there correctly & just to be on the safe side I put in new batteries because I don't remember the last time I changed them. Popped them in then got on the scale and re-weighed myself... The scale wasn't lying. I had lost THIRTY POUNDS (30 lbs) in 1 full month.

So, I continued to take them the following month & I lost another THIRTY POUNDS (30 lbs)!!! I was thinking to myself, "WOW, Dr. Oz was right this is the 'Holy Grail." I could not believe I had lost SIXTY POUNDS (60 lbs) in 2 months. So, I thought I would treat myself to some sweets for 2 weeks, which meant that I had to stop taking the Garcinia Cam. for those two weeks. When I am taking the diet capsules & I tried to have a small scoop of ice cream the 2nd week into this diet, it made me vomit. It's kind of like that drug for alcoholics, they take some tablet in the morning & when they go to take a sip or gulp, as men do, they vomit right away, well using Garcinia Cambogia, it does the same thing, in the beginning, the 1st month or less.

So, now I'm into the 3rd month, I crashed the 1st two-weeks of my diet then weighed myself on Friday. I had GAINED 20 lbs back, I couldn't believe it but then again I went through 2 Dutch Apple Pies from Meijer's & 2 1/2 gallons of Vanilla Ice Cream. I knew I shouldn't have but it was tempting me so bad. But now my Body's used to me eating sweets but in smaller servings & I still get penalized for my weight loss. The weight that I need to get off just goes a LOT slower when you want to eat "anything you want."

I started October 1, 2013 weighing in at 330 lbs (I never want to go there again...ugh) & now it's December 29, 2013, Between losing 60 lbs the first two months, then gaining 20 lbs back. I LOST FIFTY-FIVE POUNDS (55 LBS) in 3 -MONTHS!!! i now know this time round starting at the start of the New Year 2014 that I do have to stick to my diet & not go off my diet. Then when I'm down to my goal weight of 130 lbs, I will have to maintain it to stay that way.

January 1st I am going to try taking the combination of both Garcinia Cambogia & Raspberry Ketone. Reason being is because with the Garcinia Cambogia, I don't get any boost of energy. But with the Raspberry Ketones it has Caffeine & Resveratrol in it which gives you a LOT of energy and MUST BE TAKEN BETWEEN 6A.M. to 8A.M. I keep mine right on my night stand next to the bed, so when I wake up between 7am-8am I'm feeling good & it will keep you wide awake. The only thing that you MUST watch out for is your Blood Pressure. Some of the diet drugs that are there that have those 2 ingredients spikes up your Blood Pressure. So with the Raspberry Ketone it says the serving size is 2 capsules. The way I take it is, I take 1 capsule everyday through the 1st week, 2nd week on day 1 try to add another capsule (equals your daily serving 2 caps). Try the 2 caps for the 2nd week & make sure you go to a drug store that has a blood pressure monitor, I would suggest if you can get there daily at the same time every day that would work out great. If not try to get your Blood Pressure monitored 3-5 days/week, every week on the same nights and at the same time. Oh NEVER take the Ketones 8-12 hours before bed time because if you take them let's say 8A.M., guess what? There is a good chance that you might still be WIDE AWAKE. When I took a diet caps not the advertised ones this year but a different one that has those 2 ingredients in it, I took 2 caps on week one & day 1. I could not sleep for nearly 38 HOURS & it effected my job performance as a Nurse.

Okay that's all I have to say. Everything I have said in this comment is my own personal opinion of being on the said Diet Capsules in question.

Only one post and it's an advertisement. Seems totally legit.
  • Shropshire1959
    ...... it was recommended to me as it helps to prevent sugar uptake from the blood apparently (PCOS causes insulin problems)......

Of course one could always NOT put the sugar into their blood in the First Place... then one wouldn't need to take something to apparently prevent the uptake... sort of sounds like you are taking something to cure taking in something else :-/
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    I did a bottle and a half of the garcinia cambogia. Did my homework, and bought the right kind. It may have helped me lose some weight, but no more than with diet and exercise, and I was dieting and exercising while I was on it so it probably didn't do much work. I have stopped taking it, and am losing more than when I was taking it with the same diet and exercise. I would try it if you are really interested, but for me the trial was enough. I won't be buying this product again.
  • ddwoods58
    ddwoods58 Posts: 3
    Actually, if you research the product you will find that it does have benefits. This is from the FDA site regarding WebMD.com and it's validity. I copied this to show WebMD.com's credibility AND to say this is the site I researched, among others, the Garcinia Cambogia. :wink: Although this is dated 2008 it was updated last year.

News & EventsPrint Share1 E-mail2
    Home3 News & Events4 Newsroom5 Press Announcements6 20087
    Section Contents Menu
    Newsroom8
    Press Announcements
    FDA NEWS RELEASE
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    December 3, 2008
    Media Inquiries:
    Siobhan DeLancey, 301-796-4668
    Consumer Inquiries:
    888-INFO-FDA

FDA Teams With WebMD For New Online Consumer Health Information
    New Partnership to Inform and Educate Tens of Millions of Americans

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and WebMD today announced a collaboration that expands consumers' access to the agency's timely and reliable important health information. This joint effort reflects the FDA's emphasis on using innovative, technology-based strategies to carry out its foremost mission, which is to promote and to protect the public health.

WebMD, which attracts nearly 50 million unique visitors each month, provides consumers with credible and timely health news and information.

"We are enthusiastic about this collaboration with WebMD because it will enable us to reach more consumers with accurate, science-based information that can help them improve their health," said Andrew C. von Eschenbach, M.D., commissioner of food and drugs. "This is an important step forward in our effort to form partnerships to help bring timely safety alerts and other public health information to a wider audience in the most effective and convenient way."

The partnership includes:

A new online consumer health information resource on WebMD.com (www.webmd.com/fda): Consumers can access information on the safety of FDA-regulated products, including food, medicine and cosmetics, as well as learn how to report problems involving the safety of these products directly to the FDA. In addition, WebMD will bring the FDA public health alerts to all WebMD registered users and site visitors that request them. The cross-linked joint resource will also feature FDA's Consumer Updates — timely and easy-to-read articles that are also posted on the FDA's main consumer Web page (www.fda.gov/consumer).
    The FDA contributions to WebMD The Magazine: FDA Consumer Updates will also be featured at least three times a year in WebMD's bimonthly magazine, which reaches nearly nine million consumers. The magazine is distributed to physician office waiting rooms across the country.
    "As a leading brand of health information, we are pleased to be partnering with the FDA to provide consumers with public health and safety information, direct from the source," says Wayne Gattinella, WebMD president and chief executive officer. "This important partnership is consistent with WebMD's longstanding mission of providing for Americans access to credible and relevant health information."

Consumers have increasingly consulted all types of sources to find health information, and the Internet is their fastest growing resource, according to a national study released in August 2008 by the Center for Studying Health System Change. Researchers found that 32 percent of American consumers — 70 million adults — conducted online health searches in 2007, compared with 16 percent in 2001.

The study also found that most consumers who researched health concerns reported positive outcomes. More than half of those surveyed said the information changed their overall approach to maintaining their health. Four in five said the information helped them better understand how to treat an illness or condition.

The complete terms and components of the partnership are described in a Memorandum of Understanding which is on display today at the Federal Register office and available online at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/oc/ohrms/advdisplay.cfm.

An agency policy statement summarizing the criteria and processes for development of such partnerships is available on the FDA's Web site at www.fda.gov/consumer/cobrand_policy.html.

RSS Feed for FDA News Releases10 [what is RSS?11]

Page Last Updated: 04/12/2013
    Note: If you need help accessing information in different file formats, see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    tyrion_cheers.gif

Here we go...
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    i actually use the Rasberry Ketones and they're good. I mean, they're not a miracle pill or anything if that's what you're after. You still have to diet and exercise, but I've found that with the Ketones I have WAY more energy and I've lost a little quicker. But maybe consult your doctor before taking them, because they're still a supplement and you need to be safe :)
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Anything Dr Oz says I do the opposite.

THIS
  • jonbally35
    jonbally35 Posts: 1 Member
    you can try Iaso tea from tlc it works www.treasurehealth.org that's what am using you can lose 5lbs in 5 days with there products
  • Shropshire1959
    you can try Iaso tea from tlc it works www.treasurehealth.org that's what am using you can lose 5lbs in 5 days with there products

Yeah right ... need solid scientific evidence
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Dr. Oz pimped this and we all know what's going on him right now...
  • upliftingtherapy
    upliftingtherapy Posts: 5 Member
    I guess so. It's a popular weight loss supplement. Many have positive reviews about it. According to many health experts, it can reduce appetite and help you lose weight, pretty much without effort. Even Dr. Oz has been touting the benefits of it. He is an American TV doctor and probably the most famous health “guru” in the world.