100 Push Up challenge.

Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
I know there are many of you out there doing this challenge. I have a question. I CANT do one REAL push-up but I can do about 15-20 modified ones... How do I start? Should I continue with my modified ones or should I try to reach 100 modified and then if I can move into unmodified push-ups?

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    I know there are many of you out there doing this challenge. I have a question. I CANT do one REAL push-up but I can do about 15-20 modified ones... How do I start? Should I continue with my modified ones or should I try to reach 100 modified and then if I can move into unmodified push-ups?
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Here is what I do. I do as many REAL pushups as I can, then I switch to the knee-down pushups and do as many as I can of those. I give myself a 90 second rest, then I start again. I do three sets of those every other day.
  • Carrie6o6
    I cant even do ONE real push up. Thats my problem hahaha
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Have you tried doing pushups on an incline? They're easier than regular pushups, but harder than the modified. I use an aerobic step. I get into regular pushup position with my hands on the step. You may want to give it a try.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Would someone explain the challenge? I wasn't sure just how far back to look for the original...
    Thanks!
    Ez
  • Carrie6o6
    Im not sure sorry.. Im not doing it.. I was just looking into the website.. Im doing it more for my competative side... haha
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Here's a link to the current week's post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/22820-100-push-up-challenge-week-5

A lot of us started out with modified pushups. When I started, I could do exactly 1 regular pushup - so I decided to start the challenge on my knees. I did 2 weeks that way, and then I tested myself to see if I could do more regular-style. To my surprise, I did 6! So now I have started the challenge over at week 1, doing regular pushups.

FatDancer decided to keep repeating day 1 until she could finish it with regular pushups. I think it took her about a week. LavenderSunday (?) is doing the whole 6 weeks on her knees, and then she plans to start over doing regular pushups. So, you have options! As long as you are pushing yourself, you will get definitely see yourself getting stronger.
  • Carrie6o6
    Thank you so much cp005e!! :bigsmile: