Do you ever wonder if YOU'RE the reason you're single?

13»

Replies

• gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    I have misread the title, my bad, make the fellas work for you. don't put walls up but let them guys know that your not handing yourself over to them.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    I have misread the title, my bad, make the fellas work for you. don't put walls up but let them guys know that your not handing yourself over to them.

(: I think I do that a little too often haha. I'm "picky" according to my family and friends. I just know that when I meet the right guy it'll all click.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    There is nothing wrong with been picky, I was picky and although she isn't the one :( I was patient and I was with a girl who I really liked, clicked and fell in love with, some people just want love to much to the point they have many relationships with people and lack the love they desire.

so I think your ok to be choosey, obviously everyone has their flaws but when the right person comes along, the flaws will go out the window :)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Unfortunately I do know that I am the reason I'm single. It has to do with my fluffyness.

The sad part is that I will try my entire life to lose the weight, and I'll be without a significant other for that duration (

It just sucks that weight is that high on the list of priorities now. So when people say it's the journey and your health that matters, I say they are wrong. Results are the only thing that matters. :sad:

Ladies, I know this is an old post but I want to reassure you that fluffiness does NOT mean you'll never find love. In fact, it just may help you weed out the wrong guys. Does it make a difference in the quantity of guys you attract, sure yes!! But does it make a difference in *quality*?? well, that depends on the kind of guy you like. If you like a super fit guy, well then yeah it matters. If you want someone with a big heart then it might not matter as much.

What matters most is your CONFIDENCE about who you are and what you are doing.

Ok so you're not perfect. who is?? Even people who look perfect can need work on the inside. If you're doing something about your size and health then you can hold your head up and be CONFIDENT.

CONFIDENCE is the most attractive thing a woman can wear.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Oh, and I spent most of my life in a relationship where I was told how heavy and unattractive I was. NOW I am in a relationship where my man thinks I'm so gorgeous that it took me over a year to really believe him!! And I'm HEAVIER now than I've EVER been in my life (except pregnancy).

It's worth waiting for the one who think you are gorgeous just the way you are. And then honor him (or the future him if he's not in your life yet) but every day putting your best foot forward.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I'm single because I'm a commitment phobe. It took me a while to figure it out, but any time I start liking someone I immediately started thinking about how busy I am and how I don't know where I'm going to end up and how I don't want to lose out on any opportunities because I want to stick around for a partner... So I sabotage anything that threatens to get real. I'll grow out of it or not. I'm certainly not unhappy or lonely or anything, so there's no desire for me to feel the need to "fix" anything.