Did you swim today?

conniekat8
conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
well, so? Did you swim today?

Check in below... I'm watching youuuu ;P

I need few more days for my neck muscles to heal up from locking up to get back in the pool, and I'm antsy.

Anyhow, I thought maybe we could use a check-in thread. Tell me about if you swam, where, how, share your workout or whatever keeps you motivated :)

Replies

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    I forced myself to swim this morning but only managed 30 mins (was late as I didn't get to bed until midnight last night after a day of driving). I have my swimming lesson at lunchtime today so hope to learn more butterfly to practise tomorrow.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    I have a masters swimming session at 1030 EST today. I do not know what's in store as we didn't meet last week and I missed Monday. (Sore knee).
    I swam on my own tho. So glad I found this group. :happy:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Yes, I swam today. I swim M-W-F and maybe paddle around in a pool in the heat. I'm training for a mile OW swim. Had my best time todya but it still isn't very fast. Glad you found the group, too.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Yes, I did my swim, 2 miles @ 75 minutes.

At 195 / 300 for YTD goal
  • jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    I swam M for 40 minutes, and T for 30 minutes. I'm hoping to get some time in after work tonight maybe I can make it worth while and shoot for a more productive hour.
    Since I'm new to swimming as an actual exercise (not just chilling in the water) I've been spending a lot of time with technique (the crawl) and probably to much time fiddling with equipment that doesn't work for me. (nose plug :noway: leaky mask :grumble: - I do have a nice pair of goggles) Yesterday I was working on how NOT to snort water up my nose :laugh:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Oh, Bruce, I envy you. 2miles in 75 min. The closest I've come is 2K in 63 min. How old are you? I'm a grandma. Does that help my cause?:laugh:
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    went swimming today. worked on front crawl & breaststroke
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    oooh, I'm so excited you guys are checking in. Great job!!!!!

I think my neck muscles have relaxed enough by today to get in the water tomorrow without re-injuring.

Keep up the good work and keep checking in :)
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    I swam with a triathlon group today for about an hour and 15 minutes. Did a lot of drills with fins and a pull buoy.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    I didn't swim today, today is a running day for me, but I did swim yesterday...

I swam 2.5km in 60 minutes - freestyle
    I love it!!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Couldn't swim this morning - too tired and need to save myself for Kung Fu tonight. Will be back in the pool tomorrow.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Yes, I did my swim, 2 miles @ 76 minutes

I am a 59 YO fat guy (I float good).
  • jjeanmneis
    I was able to get to the pool and swim 1 hour lastnight. Boy, it was packed! It (almost) makes we want to get up at 500am to swim before work...:laugh:

The Y is open for from 10-2p on the 4th of July holiday. I'm trying to figure out if that means it will be sparce or EXTREMLY packed and if it's worth trying to go.?..
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    My prediction is it will be empty.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    I swam today....1200 meters. I am adjusting to a meter pool rather than a yard pool. I struggled with my first 400 but settled down for the next two. Tomorrow, if the outdoor pool isn't crowded I will go for a true 1600 to 2000 meter swim.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Just found this check in :smile:

Swam last night, lane swimming at the pool, 4 x 500m freestyle in 45mins (30 - 60 sec rest breaks)

Looking forward to 3.8km on the 13th
    http://www.epicevents.co.uk/open-water-swims/ullswater-epic-lakes-swim-july-13th-2014.html
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    I did for the first time in a few weeks. Only did about 2,200 yards total, but it was nice to be back at it.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    I did not swim today but I did yesterday.

2000 yards and it felt great! Had a new suit and new goggles.... and I was comfortable the entire time!
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    I was able to get to the pool and swim 1 hour lastnight. Boy, it was packed! It (almost) makes we want to get up at 500am to swim before work...:laugh:

The Y is open for from 10-2p on the 4th of July holiday. I'm trying to figure out if that means it will be sparce or EXTREMLY packed and if it's worth trying to go.?..

Word of warning, I'm not sure what its like at your pool but 5am is crazily one of the busiest times at mine (I stay well clear), all the squads are practising at this time and the few public lanes are completely packed with 4+ people per lane. I try to swim in the morning between 9am and 11am if its a weekday and in the evening after 5pm if its a weekend, they seem to be the quietest times, here anyway. (Luckily for me my job has certain flexibilities).
  • jjeanmneis
    electriq - thanks for the warning. I'll keep that in mind if I find myself awake that early.:yawn: