Books??

Are there any books out there for the beginer who is 50 or more lbs over wieght, about exercise what they should do and how? I'm more less looking for running, walking and cycling.

Replies

• Are there any books out there for the beginer who is 50 or more lbs over wieght, about exercise what they should do and how? I'm more less looking for running, walking and cycling.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Just start walking - move on from there.:bigsmile:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Total Body Makeover by Bob Greene is an EXCELLENT book i practically live by it. it helped me to lose 30 pounds in 3 months (last year until i had a false pregnancy :brokenheart: ), its not entirely on workouts but it has a kick butt workout regamine (sp?) in it. Bob Greene is also Opra's personal trainer if that helps at all.
  • Thanx for the advice. I have been moving for about 4 yrs. Walking is quite strait froward. But the running and bike get overpumped and push to hard and then burn out. I thought that there might be a book to help with pacing myself. I have a running one , in that one your run almost every day. It is a prep book on running races, as aposed to getting fit from being way overwieght. When I tried to fallow it I tore stuff in my legs b/c I was to fat.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    There is a website for running a 5k - something like couch to 5k if you want to google it