Using an e-cig at the gym

Scumbag_Gil
Scumbag_Gil Posts: 397 Member
I just got an e-cig. I was wondering if it would be weird if I used it at my gym. Has anyone done it or have seen someone else do it?

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Ya that would be totally weird. Why would you want to use it in the gym? Did you used to smoke in the gym as well?
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Not weird at all. Just be sure to rehydrate at the end of the workout with a 40 of Olde English.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Not weird at all. Just be sure to rehydrate at the end of the workout with a 40 of Olde English.

+1
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    It wouldn't be weird dude. Just have at 'er.

Haters gonna hate.

No harm in water vapours.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Why do I find you so amusing? :flowerforyou:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I just got an e-cig. I was wondering if it would be weird if I used it at my gym. Has anyone done it or have seen someone else do it?

tumblr_inline_n15sugTiay1s1lagz.gif

:laugh: Very weird....but then again, I once tried to convince my girlfriends that eating chips while walking on the treadmill wasn't weird 'cause I'd skipped lunch :tongue:

Smoking is a lounge-y thing, not a gym thing...don't be that guy :laugh:
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    It's only weird if you take it to the swimming baths.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Most gyms are non-smoking - and that includes e-cigs.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Ya that would be totally weird. Why would you want to use it in the gym? Did you used to smoke in the gym as well?

It's just vapor, n the nicotine gives me an awesome rush/pump/energy. I seriously think I may be on to something.

Or on something, at least. You do know that nicotine constricts the blood vessels and sets you up for stroke or heart attack, even without the cigarette smoke, right?

Meth also provides a great rush and you can work out for DAYS! Why not try that?

Addiction is addiction and what you're feeling is the reward center in your brain from the craving you created by smoking or vaping that last cigarette. It's not a rush. It's called quieting a craving. Heroin addicts, crack addicts...they get that same "reward" when they get their drug of choice.
  • DaisyIfYouDo.gif

Ha ha ha ????
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member

It's just vapor, n the nicotine gives me an awesome rush/pump/energy. I seriously think I may be on to something.

Still plenty of crap left in the exhale. It's not like your lungs magically absorb everything except the water vapor. I know I'd be seriously annoyed if someone was vaping near me in the gym.
  • It wouldn't be weird dude. Just have at 'er.

Haters gonna hate.

No harm in water vapours.

They are still harmful. I used to work at a company that manufactured the e-liquid that goes in them. They contain nicotine, and depending on the manufacturer (most of them are Chinese imports) they are ladened with other chemicals and are unregulated too. Some manufacturers have more pure formulas though and are transparent about whats in it, but even so there is still nicotine in there.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    My friend smoked an e-cig at the movie theater. It was weird, but nobody complained or told her to stop.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    if you need the nicotine THAT badly, just chew gum.

you're going to look silly doing squats with a blue sticking out of your head.

• Or on something, at least. You do know that nicotine constricts the blood vessels and sets you up for stroke or heart attack, even without the cigarette smoke, right?

This. Even if there is no need to be concerned about passive smoking (which we don't know yet, because there's not enough research about e-liquid yet) then you're still not setting yourself up to be efficient at your workouts.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    I would say it would be a better idea to use it before/after because you may irritated other people at the Gym. And like a previous poster said, did you used to smoke IN the gym? No. Also check with the rules of your gym first I know some places do not allow e-cigs inside.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member

Or on something, at least. You do know that nicotine constricts the blood vessels and sets you up for stroke or heart attack, even without the cigarette smoke, right?

Meth also provides a great rush and you can work out for DAYS! Why not try that?

Addiction is addiction and what you're feeling is the reward center in your brain from the craving you created by smoking or vaping that last cigarette. It's not a rush. It's called quieting a craving. Heroin addicts, crack addicts...they get that same "reward" when they get their drug of choice.

+1 to meth. Great preworkout.
  • LauraRose03
    LauraRose03 Posts: 140
    I say do what you gotta do! Just make sure your gym allows e-cigs. You will probably get stares, though, so beware :)