Using an e-cig at the gym

Replies

• JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    It wouldn't be weird dude. Just have at 'er.

Haters gonna hate.

No harm in water vapours.

They are still harmful. I used to work at a company that manufactured the e-liquid that goes in them. They contain nicotine, and depending on the manufacturer (most of them are Chinese imports) they are ladened with other chemicals and are unregulated too. Some manufacturers have more pure formulas though and are transparent about whats in it, but even so there is still nicotine in there.

That depends on what ones you get. Some are nicotine free, and most are made from propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, and flavour additives. It depends if you're using it to satisfy a craving, or because you crave the motion of smoking, and have quit the drug aspect of it completely. If it doesn't contain nicotine, you're safe.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Personally I did not puff my e-cig indoors or any place that I would not normally smoke... I think of it this way- Years ago people smoked when they were pregnant, in the room with their children, and where ever they wanted to with no one really thinking about it... Then all the bad stuff came to light and what happened? "OOPS"? I think that e-cigs are a better choice than cigarettes , but it's still not right to put your choice in other people's faces. Plus who want's to be the guy in the gym getting dirty looks? Also- If you gotta have that nicotine in public, there are patches or gum.

P.S.

Haters gonna hate.

water vapor and e-cigarette does not necessarily = the same thing... My e-cig anyways was oil based, no water included...
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    if you need the nicotine THAT badly, just chew gum.

you're going to look silly doing squats with a blue sticking out of your head.

Tbh I'm pretty sure I squat the heaviest at my gym so I don't think anyone will say something. If anything they might start using e-cigs while squatting because they'll think it's my secret. :,)
    :huh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    if you need the nicotine THAT badly, just chew gum.

you're going to look silly doing squats with a blue sticking out of your head.

Tbh I'm pretty sure I squat the heaviest at my gym so I don't think anyone will say something. If anything they might start using e-cigs while squatting because they'll think it's my secret. :,)

is that, in fact, your secret?

if so, i need to vape!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Ya that would be totally weird. Why would you want to use it in the gym? Did you used to smoke in the gym as well?

It's just vapor, n the nicotine gives me an awesome rush/pump/energy. I seriously think I may be on to something.

Or on something, at least. You do know that nicotine constricts the blood vessels and sets you up for stroke or heart attack, even without the cigarette smoke, right?

Meth also provides a great rush and you can work out for DAYS! Why not try that?

Addiction is addiction and what you're feeling is the reward center in your brain from the craving you created by smoking or vaping that last cigarette. It's not a rush. It's called quieting a craving. Heroin addicts, crack addicts...they get that same "reward" when they get their drug of choice.

I can't tell if you're trolling by comparing heroin and meth to nicotine. Can someone help me figure this one out?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Really?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    anyone else think of this?

vince-vaughn-gym-rings.jpg
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Why would it be trolling if she were comparing meth to nicotine?

I would be really irritated if someone, regardless of what they can squat or bench, used an E-cig in the gym. They've been banned from all the local hospitals here, so that to me says they contain harmful agents.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    anyone else think of this?

vince-vaughn-gym-rings.jpg

This is awesome. Love this movie.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    My gym has a strict no tobacco on campus policy, which it pretty well enforces. That being said, there was this tiny tiny girl in one of my swim classes who always carried this HUGE bag with her instead of using a locker. I noticed before classes she hugged that puppy like it was a child just found. One day I noticed the little puffs of vapor that pop out after a drag on an e-cig and finally figured out her love affair with the over-sized gym bag. Personally I think it's just weird, you're there for your health and even with all the facts not in, I think it's pretty safe to assume those e-cigs are less than a modern miracle of science. Do your gym activities but confine your habit to later, like you would with snacks or foodstuffs.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    hahaha this is really funny.
    I would start laughing if I saw some dude smoking it up on the treadmill.

Do whatever you want I say.
  • justincook
    justincook Posts: 14 Member
    Why would it be trolling if she were comparing meth to nicotine?

I would be really irritated if someone, regardless of what they can squat or bench, used an E-cig in the gym. They've been banned from all the local hospitals here, so that to me says they contain harmful agents.

To me that says they are more interested in exerting power over other people than advocating for public health.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Wow so many hippies on this site.
    :huh: What people are hippies because they think smoking an e-cig at the gym is daft? I'll ask again do you normally smoke cigarettes when you work out?
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Is this how you intend to pick up that cougar in the gym? :smokin: :laugh:
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Is it really necessary?
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    I see a lot of guys who dip (chewing tobacco) at the gym. It is so insanely gross. I would definitely judge you if I saw you smoking an e-cig at the gym.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    This is probably one of the dumbest things I've read on here in a long time.

giphy.gif
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Personally I did not puff my e-cig indoors or any place that I would not normally smoke... I think of it this way- Years ago people smoked when they were pregnant, in the room with their children, and where ever they wanted to with no one really thinking about it... Then all the bad stuff came to light and what happened? "OOPS"? I think that e-cigs are a better choice than cigarettes , but it's still not right to put your choice in other people's faces. Plus who want's to be the guy in the gym getting dirty looks? Also- If you gotta have that nicotine in public, there are patches or gum.

P.S.

Haters gonna hate.

water vapor and e-cigarette does not necessarily = the same thing... My e-cig anyways was oil based, no water included...
    Eliquids contain Propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, flavorings and sometimes nicotine. Oil is no bueno unless you're looking for lipid pneumonia