Venus Factor Info Please

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Hi,
    I was recently introduced to the Venus Factor and have read the ebook. It sounds pretty simple to follow. My question however is regarding the supplements they suggest to take specifically the leptin. I've been doing lots of research on this subject and pretty much everything I have read says that "leptin is a digestible protein that doesn’t enter the bloodstream, it can’t be taken in supplement form" (webmd). So my question is, has anyone purchased and taken the leptin supplement they suggest and did it work for you. I already take a fish oil and a probiotic daily so I don't have to worry about that. Also, do you know if the oleanic acid is sold anywhere?
    From my knowledge and experience, supplements don't do much at all for hormonal activation or increase. The best way to increase leptin is to make sure you get enough rest and also include some high intensity exercise in short stints.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    I think the supplement you're referring to is a Biotrust product. The Venus Factor doesn't require you to take supplements. I have never taken a supplement while on the Venus Factor diet and I've had great results. So you don't need to buy any supplements. Natural health foods is what you need. I looked at the ingredients and they contain Oleanolic acid, green tea and Yerba mate. Oleanolic acid comes from olive tree leaves. And I personally use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, which is full of Oleanolic acid. I don't believe you can get Oleanolic acid as a supplement by itself. If you need more information contact Lisa at www.venusfactortruth.com as that's where I got this information. Hope this helps.
  • hsfrogger
    hsfrogger Posts: 2
    Hello there!

I am planning on starting the Venus Factor in the coming week, and wanted to get some info on the workouts. They seem pretty straight forward and I'm fairly active, so should I be adding in additional cardio or workouts? I love cycling and will probably be getting in a short ride once a week hopefully, but I wasn't sure if I should add in additional devoted workout time.
  • tragow
    tragow Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I noticed a post you wrote about starting the Venus Factor. What did you think if it? Is it all BS?
  • I just purchased the program, so I will let you know how it goes. Basically, its all about caloric intake, with some fasting and exercise, all integrated scientifically to get your body to burn fat by resetting the hormone "leptin". It sounds logical to me, and after doing some research, I decided to buy the program for $47. I figure I can spend that on a box of wine so, what the hell! THere are some really good exercises that are designed for WOMEN. This is not for men, and that is paramount when you consider how easy it is for men to lose weight. Shall keep you posted!
  • apparently, the whole concept of the Venus program is to not worry about cardio as part of the weight loss. I just bought the program myself, so, I am starting it today!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    What kind of equipment do you need. (I feel like I need to comment on the fact that most people who are commenting and loving this program have less than 10 post) it is kind of suspicious - just sayin.

yes!! I noted that too!!

Doesn't seem like this has changed much. I hope those using this program are having results that are sustainable.

As you can see, I have more than 3 posts and they are not all on this thread.
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    If it looks like a duck...
    Venus Factor shills continue to post on legitimate workout videos on YouTube.

"Do you ever hate diet programs that don't allow you to consume the foods you love? Me too! That is why I was so fascinated by The Venus Factor diet system. Right after watching a video clip regarding it, I realized I had to give it a try. Well, 4 weeks later and I have dropped over 14 lbs of fat. I am pretty much at my target bodyweight! If you want help burning fat, you should check out this web-site."

"I don't really like complicated diet programs or the ones where you have to purchase food from their website - and keep buying it. I've tried those diets in the past and they by no means helped me. That's the reason I am so happy I found The Venus Factor the other week. I have finally arrived at my 2nd milestone and thought to share this excellent weight-loss system with anyone who is having trouble dropping pounds. Visit here for more information."

Spammy, scammy. A legitimate program doesn't have to resort to that kind fishing for a client base.

While lots of people need guidance in order to achieve a successful diet and exercise routine, miracle pills, special shake formulations, packaged food and the like are gimmicks that may help you shed a few pounds but are not proven to deliver lasting, life long results. Diet monitoring, exercise regimen. Tried and tested. Proven to improve your body's condition and performance. People will always look for shortcuts but if one actually existed, it would be universal, not part of some secretive niche marketing scheme.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Bump for reading later
  • lauraecoulter
    lauraecoulter Posts: 1 Member
    http://563fd7c9045ab4b4f5c5-04edcd1ad1d8b419a2175a18f7d16b6d.r13.cf1.rackcdn.com/Venus_Factor_12_week_Fatloss_System.pdf

Here is the PDF I found that has most of the info you need. I did not purchase the program but found this online and am following this.
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Hi I did join the Venus Factor and I am in the midst of my journey. This information is just based in my experience. At the end it is still you who will decide if you join or not.
    It is an effective weight loss for women because it does answer why you gained weight because we can not solve the problem without knowing it. Gaining weight has many reasons. and Venus Factor did answer me in Slow metabolism. It did help me to speed up my metabolism. It replied to all your questions. It is a lifetime membership. If you want you can inquire to their Senior Member, Lisa. or just simply go to this link of their presentation. It will help you. Good luck :)

http://bit.ly/1ocaNoB
  • gera368
    gera368 Posts: 26 Member
    I read most of the post here and it looks like a 50/50.
    I used MFP for 4 months with Insanity Work out and I loose 33 pounds.
    The most valuable comments I read was from that trainer who said you have to take care of WHAT you're eating (it doesn't say HOW MUCH) and have your exercise beside. That's my experience too!
  • gera368
    gera368 Posts: 26 Member
    This is what I mean!!!!

Any program "appealing" to females only are smart marketing programs. Why? Because statistically women will spend 10 times more money than a male when it comes to self improvement.
    The dieting and fitness industry KNEW this which is why they've come up with terms like "toning" and "shaping" when essentially it's just lifting weights.
    Doing this for over 30 years now and being a professional in the business, I've seen this same **** over and over again, just with different advertising.
    ANY program will work if one sticks to it and all have ONE COMMON direction................calorie deficit.
    I've looked at the Venus program workout and it's a good workout. Nothing wrong with it. Just don't think that it's the workout that's making the difference though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quote]
  • Pipsg1rl
    But you have to say that it's nice to have a thread on a website that actually discusses the program.

From reading this line they also have a MALE targeted program.

And if it brings people to the love/hate relationship with MFP, tracking calories, and moving more, than I've done a good thing by asking the initial question.
  • Joinbo
    Joinbo Posts: 2
    I just joined MFP as I was looking for some authentic feedback on the Venus Factor, and it seems they have flooded the Internet with only positive promotional stuff... So then I found a post on one of the MFP forums. And I discovered MFP!

What I am curious about in the Venus Factor is that they say there are 5 foods women should never eat... what are those?
    Also, what about the levels of Leptin? and how to keep those levels high and utilized by our female bodies?

The video starts off explaining that it will tell us the secret... then asks you to pay for the book and dvds... and then I hear it is really just another (albeit sensible, from what some of you are saying) diet and exercise program...

So, what is the big secret?
    Thanks
  • Pipsg1rl
    I just joined MFP as I was looking for some authentic feedback on the Venus Factor, and it seems they have flooded the Internet with only positive promotional stuff... So then I found a post on one of the MFP forums. And I discovered MFP!

What I am curious about in the Venus Factor is that they say there are 5 foods women should never eat... what are those?
    Also, what about the levels of Leptin? and how to keep those levels high and utilized by our female bodies?

The video starts off explaining that it will tell us the secret... then asks you to pay for the book and dvds... and then I hear it is really just another (albeit sensible, from what some of you are saying) diet and exercise program...

So, what is the big secret?
    Thanks

Welcome to MFP!

Please read thru this thread and see if you can get some of the information you were looking for.

Even if you don't decide to go with the Venus Factor, MFP is a great place for support!!
  • Jumping in here.

Could we get an update from everyone that said they had recently started the program? How are you finding it? Are you seeing or feeling results?

TIA :)
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    That's true. Me? I will spend money just to loss weight. But if It is not worth it then I can stop it. But I am happy where I am now. Thank you for being nice.. :) I appreciate it soo much. I am a real user of it and I don't care what people says.. I want where I am now. That is what matter most. Have a nice journey everyone :)
  • kellysam1
    kellysam1 Posts: 24 Member
    I just ordered this I will see how it works out was $50 with taxes and as far as I am aware there is no subscription as I declined it.
    i received 4 pdfs and 1 excel spreadsheet and also have access to online tracking for measurements similar to MFP.
    BTW this is not a miracle it even tells you that you have to work hard to get results.
    I purchased this for the exercise plans and food plans, I have a personal trainer currently that I see 3x a week (3 hours total) I will be using this on the days off, so I hope 6 days a week working out will help me lose 30lb in 3 months. my current exercise has lost me no weight at all but I have gained muscle weight and lost measurements.
  • Destynee13
    Destynee13 Posts: 7 Member
    I wish that was completely true.. I swear.. Eat healthy.. and still not seeing the scale move. Pretty frustrating. I heard about the venus factor and it looks really interesting to me. Being a female, our bodies run differently. I am hoping this will something that can truly help rev up the female metabolism