Going Raw

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    I love raw......Oh wait.......I thought this was going to be about something VERY different...
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    I love raw......Oh wait.......I thought this was going to be about something VERY different...

How YOU doin?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Going raw is the best decision anyone could make imo

And the worst decision imo.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17012-1380213150-14.gif
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yes!
    sashimi-resized.jpg

Wait...not what you meant?
  • kkmaucha
    kkmaucha Posts: 3 Member
    Bump
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member

Haha, so did I.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    It's really hard to get sufficient protein without meat. Could you maybe just try eating some chicken or fish with your raw veggies?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    I am thinking about starting to eat raw food for like 2 weeks to see how that go. I am actually thinking about cutting out meat I am confused at how I should go about this situation I want to try to eat better which I am. I really want to change up the rice intake that I am eating honestly.
    Here's some helpful groups you might be interested in:

Actually there's a number of them, just click the link and you'll find one that fits, I'm sure. :drinker: :happy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=eating+raw
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    I am thinking about starting to eat raw food for like 2 weeks to see how that go. I am actually thinking about cutting out meat I am confused at how I should go about this situation I want to try to eat better which I am. I really want to change up the rice intake that I am eating honestly.

all i have to add is, the food processor is your friend when going on a raw diet.

you can make all manner of sauces, dips, spreads, fillings out of raw ingredients with a food processor

I did about 2 years as an all-local-foods raw vegan. I made an exception for tropical fruits, nuts, quinoa, and coffee. If it weren't for my fair-trade coffee with raw cashew "cream" made in the food processor, that eating style never would have worked for me.
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    and they say guys and Marines (even veterans) are crude and make things come back to sex. lol .:laugh:
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    4 months ago, my husband's heart Dr. told him to eat whole foods only. At last month's appt., the doctor said he was doing so great that he was able to cut out 2 of his heart medicines and lost 8 lbs. First thing we did, was buy "Forks over Knives" cookbook by Del Sroufe. It has 300 recipies for plant-based eating. We fix a lot of spaghetti with rice noodles and fresh mushrooms. I still have occasional chicken, as my health is good; so I can't say I'm eating 100% what he eats. Good luck with your journey! Now we just walk by the meat dept. and seldom buy eggs. We have a teenage adult at home, so I try to mix things alittle!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Raw rice is gonna be crunchy.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    In
  • carlyraer
    carlyraer Posts: 9
    I am raw vegan and lost too much weight and now weigh 88 pounds. Be careful
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    and they say guys and Marines (even veterans) are crude and make things come back to sex. lol .:laugh:
    People who say that have never worked in an office full of women.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Winning.

epic-win-13367_o.gif
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    People who say that have never worked in an office full of women.
    Any group of women, really.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    If you were to read, as I did, the book How Cooking Made Us Human by primatologist Richard Wrangham, you might accept his theory that it is by learning to cook food, and therefore make the nutrients more readily available, that humans were able to develop larger, more complex brains than the other apes.

But, of course, there are other scientists who say this is bunkum.

If you were to read raw food movement books, you would believe that raw is the only way to go.

But, of course, there are other scientists who say this is bunkum.

So, eat raw vegan for a couple of weeks. Why not? But don't blindly accept all the writers who claim that raw-only is the BEST way to eat. Bear in mind that any diet that includes ONLY this and NOT that is likely to lead to some sort of biological imbalance in your system unless you are extremely careful to design a carefully crafted balanced diet. Humans evolved as omnivores -- not obligate omnivores, we can also thrive as careful herbivores -- but we are mostly omnivores.
  • Yes!
    sashimi-resized.jpg

Wait...not what you meant?

No lol