40 Something Success Stories?

SwampWitch75
SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
I am 40 in less than a year. I am definitely starting to feel it (but I bet some of it is due to the weight I need to lose).

Would love to read (and see) some success stories from those in your 40s! TIA!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    in 18 months I went from an obese 215 to a fit 175 (my after is my profile) and went from barely being able to run 30 seconds to running a half marathon. I'm planning on posting something on the MFP fitspiration thread, but it's pretty complicated to get pictures on MFP.
  • DaboGirlNB
    DaboGirlNB Posts: 17 Member
    I turn 40 in October this year... and for the past 9 months I have been on a journey to be "Fabulous" by then. I am nearly there - I have lost 30 lbs and am 5 lbs away from my goal weight now. I am stronger, faster and in the best shape of my life and feel better at 39 (& 3/4) than I did at 29!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    I turned 45 in February. I went from 162# (probably a little more than that, I hated the scale) and am currently in a #127-#132 range. I don't stress over that 5#. I didn't 'get healthy' until I was 42! You can do it!
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    I am 54 and went from 230 lbs to 140 lbs in 18 months.
  • SwampWitch75
    Very inspiring, ladies!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    I'll be 43 next week .. went from 285 lbs to 171 in 18 months. Not the best picture but you get the idea.

I went from being in and out of the hospital to biking 50+ miles, running, and lifting.

10464352_10204526860918253_7731218703693125077_n.jpg
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    How about 40 + 29 years? That's right. I am 69 years old. Since November of 2012, I have lost 118 pounds and continue to lose. I have gone from a wheelchair bound, old woman to a healthier senior who looks years younger and can go anywhere on her own 2 feet, thanks to MFP.

12aadfef-47a0-4839-8ee3-8149f942dbab_zps6117be82.jpg

My hubbie jokes that I am "half the woman" that he married; and it is almost true. I weighed almost 290 pounds, when we married. Today I am162 pounds; and my goal weight is 145, exactly half of that 290 pounds I was pushing for so many years.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I started my fitness lifestyle just before turning 45, I was around 265lbs, now I hover between 155 - 160lbs at the ripe "old" age of 47. Now my focus is building more muscle.
  • This is so amazing. Thank you for sharing and letting us all know we can do it!: smile:
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    WOW! What an inspirational thread! I just turned 40 in April and feel much older than I am. I have been very slow to get back in my routine with MFP. I will keep reading this thread for more encouragement.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    I'm 45, and I wanted to chime in and echo the sentiment "I feel better now than when I was years younger." I may have been thinner in high school, but I wasn't nearly so fit. I couldn't run for 2 minutes and now I run for over an hour. It's never too late to be the best you can be right now.
  • SwampWitch75
    I'm 45, and I wanted to chime in and echo the sentiment "I feel better now than when I was years younger." I may have been thinner in high school, but I wasn't nearly so fit. I couldn't run for 2 minutes and now I run for over an hour. It's never too late to be the best you can be right now.

Love this. I was a skinny teen but I smoked and never worked out. I want to be a 40 something who says I feel better than I did at any other age.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    I'm in my late 40s and I've lost 145lb purely by walking and calorie counting with MFP.

Thread with pictures here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1339501-140lb-down-i-ve-reached-my-initial-goal-with-pictures
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    in 18 months I went from an obese 215 to a fit 175 (my after is my profile) and went from barely being able to run 30 seconds to running a half marathon. I'm planning on posting something on the MFP fitspiration thread, but it's pretty complicated to get pictures on MFP.

Here:

14603920101_7483bcc3c3.jpg
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    I turned 43 last month and feel just as good now as when I was younger, if not more so. My starting weight was 147 November 2013 and lost 16 pounds in six months. I set out to lower my cholesterol and loose five pounds. I met my weight loss goal and then some. Have lowered my cholesterol too.
  • I lost 150 pounds AFTER I turned 40, and have maintained a healthy BMI now for 2 years. I'm 44 now. You can check my profile for my before/after picture.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    At 45, I know where you are. Can't say I've made amazing progress, but since turning 40 I've lost about 20 pounds and have been sitting around 200. Feel better and think I look better overall, with still work to do. I am not rushing anything though. Being over 40 I don't have a need to look like a fitness model or such. I just want my energy up and have the ability to keep up with the demands of life and the sports I enjoy playing.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    43 and i've lost 49 lbs since january 1st of this year. I lost some last year but celebrated w lots of vacations last year and just kind of kept off a 40 lb loss the prior year. So all together 80+ lbs so far.
  • ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    That is AWESOME!! You go girl! I started at 180 and am down to about 153. I did this all after turning 40. Primarily I changed my eating habits at work, learning a bit more about portion control with MFP....and logging. I have months were I slip, but I have maintained and am proud to say I wear a smaller size now, than I did in High School.
  • SwampWitch75
    Just giving a morning bump :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!