Personal Trainer

So I have my ten last pesky pounds to lose and, like many, it seems impossible to lose. My gym has a personal trainer that I am going to use so I can, hopefully, lose those ten pounds. I want to lose five of them by the last weekend of september. Does anyone know how many times a month I should get the trainer so I can lose those pounds?! Thanks!

Replies

• menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    So I have my ten last pesky pounds to lose and, like many, it seems impossible to lose. My gym has a personal trainer that I am going to use so I can, hopefully, lose those ten pounds. I want to lose five of them by the last weekend of september. Does anyone know how many times a month I should get the trainer so I can lose those pounds?! Thanks!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    You probably only need 1 or 2 sessions if you closely follow their advice and take good notes, but the thing is, I wouldn't expect 5 lbs in 1 month, I mean, it's POSSIBLE, but not necessarily a given. I hope you can do it, but really, your goal shouldn't be weight at this point, 5 to 10 lbs is so small an amount, you could go back and forth with it just through water weight. I would focus more on size, and body fat %, those are much more reliable measurements. No matter how much weight you gain/lose, your thighs, arms, hips, and chest won't significantly increase because of water weight, only through gaining and losing real fat or lean tissue. This is just my humble opinion, but it's based on a lot of research and observational study.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    listen to banks, he's a genius! :love: Good luck honey!
  • kewright
    kewright Posts: 18
    I agree with Banks. Too many people are so focused on the #s on the scale rather than body fat% & just how you feel & look in your clothes. I say toss the scale & just eat clean & exercise!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    I just started with my trainer last week. For the first two weeks we are doing 6 sessions to go over all the machines and find a good routine for me. After the two weeks I'll be on my own and then after a month or so I we will come up with a new routine since I will be sooo advanced and buff haha.

Good luck! A personal trainer is sooo worth it!