Albert
    Samuel

Nora
    Charlotte
    Clara
    Alice
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Currently 6 1/2 months pregnant with baby #2, which is a girl.

Names we considered are/were:

Boys:
    Austin (top contender)
    Owen (top contender)
    Seth
    Logan
    Gage

Girls:
    Piper (top contender)
    Paige (top contender)
    Phoebe
    Kaylee
    Kasey
    Mia
    Leah

First daughter's name is Sadie.

I love Piper & Paige. Love!!!

Actually with the exception of Kaylee (what!? Sorry it just doesn't go with any of your other choices IMO) I like all of those. Not that you need strangers' approval.

I do think Kasey is in a similar vein with Kaylee but it's the name of a good friend so I couldn't say that!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    I used to work in a hospital and we once had a woman give birth and was not sure of a name for the baby. The nurse mentioned that the tests on her placenta came back normal and you guessed it, the poor baby girl got named Placenta.

My father used to work with a Mr. Marks. He named his son Mark.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    In college I had a professor who's name was Harry (Not Harold) Weiner and his son's name was D_ck (Not Richard). Felt sorry for them both.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Bedula for a girl and Morbidicus the swollen for a boy
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    I like Ruby for a girl and Liam for a boy. I don't plan on having kids though so I think I'll just get a puppy and call it Ruby.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    My boys are Aiden Lee and Dominic Andre`. (Aiden is 12, and was named that before it became stupidly popular).

I would LOVE to name our next son the same as my husband. My hubbs is the third, our next son would be the fourth (which would be IV, and I'm a medic...so it's a nerdy fit). I'd probably call him Jack, though, rather than my husband's first name, since there are two in the house already.

My husband wants to name our next boy so that he has the initials of WTF. Lol.

I have my heart set on Amelia Lucille for a girl, but have 3 friends who now have kids with the same first name, so that is probably going to go by the wayside to something else.

Others I like....

Girls:

Adelita (our puppy's name)
    Beckett (my car's name)
    Kaylee (from Farscape....adorable story behind that one)
    Claudia
    Chloe

Boys:

Thaddeus
    Yeager
    Scott
    Orville (because Wilbur is awful)
  • my choices for a boy is Daniel Brian (named after me(middle name) and gf's dad

and Sophia Elizabeth for a girl :)
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Cleetus
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Not a fan of last names as girl names. Kennedy? Peyson? Reagan? Presley? Ugh NO!

Met someone this week whose name sounds like "SHEER-sten." Sounds pretty, but how's it spelled? Kirsten. WHAT? Why did your parents do that to you? You're gonna have to correct EVERYONE the rest of your ENTIRE LIFE.

Also, alot of new names bug me. You know, the ones that sound like they're mish-mashes of two other names. Brinley. Korgan. Tegan. Soren. (lol that rhymes) Also, I can't take you seriously if you are named after a food or a tree. Or a moral quality.

Braxton - NO. I can't ... even...
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I like Ruby for a girl and Liam for a boy. I don't plan on having kids though so I think I'll just get a puppy and call it Ruby.

My Pit Bull puppy is named Ruby! Too funny!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member

Not a fan of the name Braxton but a HUGE fan of this Braxton! GO BUCKS!:drinker:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSBaHdH0Qv2hDiUTpxNhPUdB4lrzgTt7VvWw4Ju3U9uztaTzh8ag
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member

I dispatched for 911 so I have heard some great names. Here are some that I can remember of the top of my head
    Orangejello and Lemonjello
    Lon Dong
    We Wei
    Christopher Hammer Long
    Chasity Belt

Nice! I work in higher ed and the same rules apply.

Applications come in with names such as:

Budweiser - I assume they named him for the drink he was conceived with
    Nebula Quattle
    Precious Semen - my personal favorite
    Vaernish - pronounced varnish

Personally I like rich, eccentric and historical names. The Romanov family had pretty names.

I would love a girl named Anastasia or Genevieve and a boy called Vincent or Nicholi Alexander.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Eliza Finn
    Izabella
    Robert
    Alexander
  • cgrand18
    cgrand18 Posts: 9 Member
    My sons are Jacob Dean & Chad William.

Yes Jacob is over popular, but it was hugely used when I named my 20 years ago plus my son was named after my (now ex husband's) best friend. (Terry Jacobs) They were in a car accident together and Terry passed away. We didn't want to name our son Terry so we picked Jacob. My exes name was Jody (one of the he/she names too)

My name is Cora Lee. I used to complain to my parents about it and they would say we decided you were going to be named after your Great Grandmothers. They each had one they were close with. One was Cora Adalaide and the other was Lizzie Lee. So.....you could be Lizzie Adalaide or Adalaide Lizzie or you could be Cora Lee. Yea.....Cora Lee is just fine!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Not a fan of last names as girl names. Kennedy? Peyson? Reagan? Presley? Ugh NO!

Met someone this week whose name sounds like "SHEER-sten." Sounds pretty, but how's it spelled? Kirsten. WHAT? Why did your parents do that to you? You're gonna have to correct EVERYONE the rest of your ENTIRE LIFE.

Also, alot of new names bug me. You know, the ones that sound like they're mish-mashes of two other names. Brinley. Korgan. Tegan. Soren. (lol that rhymes) Also, I can't take you seriously if you are named after a food or a tree. Or a moral quality.

My friend had decided to name her son Braxton while he was still in the womb, and she was teased endlessly when she actually started having Braxton-Hicks contractions. I would have changed my mind at that point.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Named my daughter Olivia...That was our #1 for a girl, #2: Sophia
    For a boy if we ever had one, Logan...so I could call him WOLVERINE!

...my wife has agreed to the name Logan...aka Wolverine.

:happy:

EDIT: I am not a fan of the non-name names people have been using lately... Also my newest nephew, his name is Lincoln, yet my brother and sister in law get their undies in a bunch if I call him "Abe"...When I hear Lincoln, I think Abe Lincoln...Lincoln as a first name is better suited to a dog I think.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have 2 boys Reid Aaron and Nolan James. If I had a girl I would have named her Quinn or Jordan but no such luck.
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Not lying, this is the actual name of someone I interviewed as an investigator:

La-a

When I tried to pronounce it, she corrected me. "It's La-Dash-A. The dash don't be silent".
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    I have a son and a daughter... Aiden John and Allison Josephine.