Your biggest fat secret.

Replies

• smashy_smashy
    smashy_smashy Posts: 23 Member
    fat secret -
    When going to the beach I would find the largest woman possible and lay my towel down near her.

I no longer need to compare myself to others, or mentally put others down to make myself feel better. Thank God for that!

I love this one. Especially the second part about no longer needing to do this. I am the same way. I used to work in a large office and when someone new started who was bigger than me, and/or "didn't carry their weight as well" (three chins or something) I would be so excited down deep because I felt like it would put less focus on my own obesity. Sad and pathetic.

YES! I've done this before and it always makes me feel like an awful person.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member

On a serious note, though, I once ate an entire pack of Oreos. To myself. In one sitting.

I used to do that on a weekly basis. Sometimes 2 packets.

Wait...what??? ...are you saying that's not normal?
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    My fat secret: This thread made me hungry.

No, seriously though. I used to get terribly winded walking to class which was less than a half mile from my apartment.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    I used to go by myself to the drive thru and always get 2 drinks so that the cashiers wouldn't think all that food was for me.

I was about to post this exact same thing. I thought I was the only 'smart' one out there. The worst time was when I needed 3 drinks to balance out the food order. :blushing:
  • princessariane
    princessariane Posts: 9 Member
    There would be days when I was too lazy to pee so I would hold it as long as possible and drink Diet Coke to dehydrate myself. I would just sit on the couch from the time I got up until it was time for bed. For days at a time. Maybe even weeks.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    I also would eat a whole package of cheese at one sitting. I would cut off one small piece at a time and with every mouthful lie to myself that it was the last piece I would cut off, and then I would cut off another piece and eat it until there was no more left.

I ate cream cheese out of the container by itself when I ran out of cheese.

I'm finding reading this thread and posting my fat secrets (that probably wasn't really much of a secret, everyone else in the house could see what was missing from the refrigerator) very liberating.

there was this episode of thirty rock where liz is in a snuggie on the couch with a hunk of cheese slicing off slices singing "working on my night cheese" (like... working on my night moves)... now whenever i am temped to do what you describe i sing it to myself and imagine jack donaghy is outside the door about to knock. sometimes i put it away, sometimes i dont.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    I once ate a 1/2lb block of cheese in the car, on the way home from the supermarket, as if it was an apple (just bit chunks off the block). Then I ate a whole chicken when I got home.

Hahahahaha I love this! I used to eat sticks of salami on the way home from the supermarket!

It was cheddar or colbey-jack, right? That mozza crap doesn't count as food.

It was Mersey Valley Extra Sharp Cheddar - the crumbly kind. So good. So bad.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    i got hungry and went to the fridge and happily chose instead of the block of jarlsberg, a bag of pod peas.

and now i am sitting on the couch

singing

working on my night peas.....
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    I would regularly stop at the gas station on the way home from work to buy a snack.... often this was either a can of pringles of can of mixed nuts. I prefered the nuts b/c they didn't have nutritional info and I could convince myself that nuts are good for me. I remember a couple of times figuring up the calories in the pringles and thinking, 'well that should be my food for the whole day,' knowing that I had already had breakfast (probably from McDonalds) and lunch (food court Thai food probably with about 3 cups of rice) and knowing that dinner was only an hour away.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Ate most of a pizza that was for everyone.. Put the box on the ground and blamed it on our dog.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I was a yo yo dieter - danger point of about 20 pounds. Also, I was bulemic when I was younger. I used to go to different stores to stock up on junk food so I could go home, eat and throw up. What a terrible thing to do to oneself. So glad I got help.
  • I eat super fast so my S.O. doesn't consume everything first. not sure if fat secret... or survival. :brokenheart:
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    I'd sneak into the kitchen at almost every top of the hour to have a bite on whatever food is in there + a "spoonful" of rice (and by that I meant a quarter of a cup). So by the end of the day I've eaten at least 5 cups of rice. Good times.

Is this a bad thing?
  • Qcrazy
    Qcrazy Posts: 19
    Lets see, ordering 2 drinks So they would think the food was for 2 ppl, burger king whopper, mcd's fries, kfc wings all in one binge. whole bags of chips. Eating at the buffet till I felt sick. Grazing all day. middle of the night sitting on the kitchen floor eating plates of leftovers while still kinda sleeping. being terrified of restaurant booths not being big enough, especially since i'm a chubby chaser, it can get really tight with 2 big ppl! lol
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Back when I was 19 a good friend and I would finish work around 10pm, go to Wendy's and order a dozen bacon cheeseburgers and a large soft drink each. We would then feast, play video games, and eventually go home/pass out and repeat the next day.

Mmm, bacon cheeseburger. I am such a fat kid at heart, and it's tough to restrain myself sometimes... But it's better in the long run if I don't give in. The craving/desire will pass.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Lets see, ordering 2 drinks So they would think the food was for 2 ppl, burger king whopper, mcd's fries, kfc wings all in one binge. whole bags of chips. Eating at the buffet till I felt sick. Grazing all day. middle of the night sitting on the kitchen floor eating plates of leftovers while still kinda sleeping. being terrified of restaurant booths not being big enough, especially since i'm a chubby chaser, it can get really tight with 2 big ppl! lol

I can totally relate to the booth thing. Until my current husband, almost all of the guys I dated (and my ex husband) were very big too and that was an issue a lot of times.

Also, buffets. I remember going to a local Chinese buffet and just having a pretty normal amount of a couple entrée choices (actually not much more than I would eat NOW) but then getting like 10 crab rangoons and just eating the cream cheese centers. Then getting cookies.
  • I used to use the board room on my lunch breaks just so people couldn't see how much food I was eating, and if anyone ever called me out I'd just say I was making a personal call and wanted the privacy.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member

I can totally relate to the booth thing. Until my current husband, almost all of the guys I dated (and my ex husband) were very big too and that was an issue a lot of times.

Also, buffets. I remember going to a local Chinese buffet and just having a pretty normal amount of a couple entrée choices (actually not much more than I would eat NOW) but then getting like 10 crab rangoons and just eating the cream cheese centers. Then getting cookies.

The little sugar coated fried bread rolls were my favorite thing at the Chinese buffet. I wonder how many calories those were? Probably several hundred each, and I could eat a plateful.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    I bought five pairs of (skinny - oh lord!) Gap jeans one size too small (I could do them up, but forget breathing). I bought them because they were on sale for about £7 each, then completely grew out of them within about a month. What a great saving that was!