Hit plateau help

Need some help- I hit a plateau of the scale going down. But Defiantly toning up/ I can see it and feel it.

My prob is i cant do anything with weights- Because i had surgery on hand and elbow and Dr. hasn't given Clearance yet for weights.

I have been swimming on the weekends. but even to that. in the Olympic pool - i can do max 6-8 laps, BC then my elbow starts to hurt.

I currently go on the treadmill

What else can i do so that scale comes down again

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    How long has it been since you last loss weight?
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    If you track everything you eat accurately and your weight loss has slowed or stalled then it is time to reevaluate your caloric needs and make adjustments. If you aren't tracking everything you eat accurately that is a good place to start.
  • NinjaUnicornPirate
    NinjaUnicornPirate Posts: 43 Member
    I think if you're seeing results, you should ignore the scale. The number on the scale can mess with your head. Your ultimate goal should be to smile when you look in the mirror. If you're losing fat, toning, and seeing improvement, ignore the scale for a bit. Enjoy the progress you SEE.
  • krisha36
    krisha36 Posts: 63
    I track everything to a tee;
    my last weight loss prob 6 months. i am so limited to what i can do now. because of the injury
  • _Resolve_
    I track everything to a tee;
    my last weight loss prob 6 months. i am so limited to what i can do now. because of the injury

What are you currently eating for a calorie goal? What is your age, height and weight now?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Since it's been six months, you have to get back to your calorie deficiency. If you track in MFP then set your profile to reflect your lifestyle before any exercise. Add your exercise and eat back a portion of those calories.
  • krisha36
    krisha36 Posts: 63
    i use fitbit.com instead of MFP

i am 39. i try to do 1200-1400 calories a day i weigh 239 now
  • _Resolve_
    i use fitbit.com instead of MFP

i am 39. i try to do 1200-1400 calories a day i weigh 239 now

Height as well?
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    I started at 238, and lost the first 20 pounds with hardly any exercise, just eating at a deficit.

Tighten up your tracking, make sure you are weighing/measuring properly, etc.