S.B.F Challenge...Aug 20

Good morning ladies!
I am going to try to push myself today. If it wasn't raining I'd got for a walk because it's a lot cooler...due to the rain. But I will have to stick to my indoor activities.
My Husband is coming home from Russia tomorrow evening! He's been gone since the 11th and I do miss him a lot! Okay on to today's goals:

Drink my water: I have been doing pretty good in this area. I still feel dehydrated all the time though.
Push ups: should be a minimum of 67, oi! I hope I can do it!
Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred: not really looking forward to it. It was embarrassing that she kicked my butt
If I don't die from that I will also do some Tae Bo.
Clean and organize my son's closet and room. I don't know if I will get it all done today but I need to start.

I hope you all have a great day! I may check back later to let you all know if I was actually able to do all that I plan.
PS When does this challenge end? Sept 1st or Oct. 1st?

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning ladies!
    I am going to try to push myself today. If it wasn't raining I'd got for a walk because it's a lot cooler...due to the rain. But I will have to stick to my indoor activities.
    My Husband is coming home from Russia tomorrow evening! He's been gone since the 11th and I do miss him a lot! Okay on to today's goals:

Drink my water: I have been doing pretty good in this area. I still feel dehydrated all the time though.
    Push ups: should be a minimum of 67, oi! I hope I can do it!
    Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred: not really looking forward to it. It was embarrassing that she kicked my butt
    If I don't die from that I will also do some Tae Bo.
    Clean and organize my son's closet and room. I don't know if I will get it all done today but I need to start.

I hope you all have a great day! I may check back later to let you all know if I was actually able to do all that I plan.
    PS When does this challenge end? Sept 1st or Oct. 1st?
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    MM- What was your husband in Russia?? I LOVE Russia! Thats so cool!!

Im so excited!! Today I weighed in at 196.7lbs! On Friday I was at 201lbs. Im not going over my cals at all like I told my husband... I cant believe that before when I ALWAYS went over just a little bit, it made such a difference. I think it must be water weight that is coming off so fast... Yesterday I was at 199.8 and today 196.7? Thats a little weird... I hope im not disapointed tomorrow when I weigh in hahaha

With that being said I now have motivation to work out. I am going to do level 2 shred. Yesterday I started the 100 push up thing. I really want to be able to do it mostly to show off to my Aunt (whos now working out) cause we always compete for fun. I can't wait!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • mechanicmom
    Carrie,
    My hubby went to Russia on a missions trip. He really likes it over there, but said he is getting homesick. lol Congrats on your weight loss! That's wonderful! I am really enjoying the hundred pushups although this morning I did not want to do it at all! But I did and managed 67 full ones! Make sure you post on the hundred pushups post. I think it says week 5 but we are all at different levels. I'm still on week 3. You can get good support from the push up crew there!
    Now I've got to take my shaky arms to the kitchen and make breakfast. Whew!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Challenge ends October 1st, so about 6 weeks left.

Went for a walk last night in the rain cooled air, yeah!, but it was so humid is was like walking through soup. But we got rain and I am grateful. Also did elliptical and some treadmill walking. Today is yoga and weights, and maybe a little cardio after weights. I think maybe tomorrow I will try a video again.

Happy workouts!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie,
    My hubby went to Russia on a missions trip. He really likes it over there, but said he is getting homesick. lol Congrats on your weight loss! That's wonderful! I am really enjoying the hundred pushups although this morning I did not want to do it at all! But I did and managed 67 full ones! Make sure you post on the hundred pushups post. I think it says week 5 but we are all at different levels. I'm still on week 3. You can get good support from the push up crew there!
    Now I've got to take my shaky arms to the kitchen and make breakfast. Whew!

Missions like Christian missions?? Thats awesome!! Must be kinda scary over there too! Thats great!! That just means has to trust God even more! What an adventure! 67 REAL ones!! WOW!! I cant ever do one! hahaha I cant wait until I can do some real ones!! haha
  • mechanicmom
    Yes Christian missions. They've street witnessed, put on a couple of concerts and I think visited some orphanages. It was kind of scary at first with the war going on, but he wasn't anywhere near it so that was a relief!
    You will get to do full push ups! I had to start off modified Some days I still wish I'd stayed at modified. Ha ha. You will get there! It's just awesome that you are even trying!

Yes, Mary, isn't the rain wonderful? I hope it pours again today as we have 80% chance. I wish the cooler weather would stick around! Soon enough I guess!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi ladies!

Today is bikram, and I might take a walk, as the day looks beautiful outside.

:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning all. This is my third day of Turbo Jam Sculpt & so far so good. I also grabbed an hour of gardening and actually did a little jogging last night. Temp is very cool here today-wish I could share Mary-so I'm hoping for a walk soon.
  • Carrie6o6
    Wow Julie your looking so great!! Just 2 more lbs!! congrats!!

MM- Thats so awesome!! :bigsmile:

I just finished my level 2 shred.. Then I made my meal plan and saw that to eat what I wanted I needed to burn 43 more cals so I got on my stationary bike and burned another 100 cals!! Today Im going to have my Haagan Dazs ice cream bar... Yesterday I really wanted one and I remembered what you said Vivikay about how you can feel when a "binge" is coming on :wink: I know soon mine will be especially with TOM rolling around the corner here soon. I have worked my ice cream in! :bigsmile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Ok, ok I know this is my fourth post today in here! hahaha I just finished running (literally) with my kids and burned 200cals!! Over 500cals today!! yaaaaaaaaaay!! When I was ready to stop "playing" my son Roman said "please play!!" I couldnt say no so I ran some more hahaha
  • Have you tried the ice cream sandwiches from Healthy Choice? They are really great and probably less calories - just a thought. However, if you do try them, don't get caught up in them being less "sinful" than the Haagan daz. I did that two weeks ago. And, I ate them everyday as my desert. So, when I buy them again, I will remember an important rule "everything in moderation" :drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Thanks for the tip! I bought soy ice cream sandwiches they were yummy! I only have my Haagen Dazs once in a while. Nothing can compare to it or replace it :tongue: But thanks! :bigsmile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi, spent 5 hours today processing corn for the freezer. So no structured exercise.But I counted it as 5 hours of food prep. My friend and I put away 2 bushels. School starts next week and my goal for this year is to get in 1 hour of walking each day before my route. I have someone who wants to walk too so I will have company. Yesterday I went out blackberrying for an hour up hill and thru the fields. They aren't doing so well this year. My blueberries are doing better. Tomorrow will be alot of walking at a waterpark with a friend and all those rides. Lots of stairs too. Looking forward to it.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Hi, spent 5 hours today processing corn for the freezer. So no structured exercise.But I counted it as 5 hours of food prep. My friend and I put away 2 bushels. School starts next week and my goal for this year is to get in 1 hour of walking each day before my route. I have someone who wants to walk too so I will have company. Yesterday I went out blackberrying for an hour up hill and thru the fields. They aren't doing so well this year. My blueberries are doing better. Tomorrow will be alot of walking at a waterpark with a friend and all those rides. Lots of stairs too. Looking forward to it.

Happy 1 year anniversary Karen! Good to see you here again. :bigsmile:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Hi everyone!

Today I did the Boot camp on my BL dvd. Didn't really like it very much. I think I will stick with the Shred, Power Sculpt, and Cardio Max.

Tomorrow I am planning to go for a long walk!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member

Happy 1 year anniversary Karen! Good to see you here again. :bigsmile:

Hey, yesterday was my anniversary! I totally missed my celebration (although I did have cake. . .ah the irony was delicious).

Got an hour of walking in today in addition to bikram. Tired now.:yawn:
  • Carrie6o6
    Congrats to both of you thats awesome!! I hope to be at my goal by my first year anniversary (even sooner! hahaha)
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Hi everybody! I am feeling pretty good this week. My goal for yesterday was to do the first day of the 100 pushup challenge with plank-style pushups (check!), and to run for 20 minutes. Well, I actually ran for THIRTY MINUTES (I suck at running so this was definitely a first), and then walked for a bit to get in 5K total. I felt so awesome! (and then went home and iced my knees)

Today I got in a quick walk after lunch, and then went to aerobics class. The teacher stopped a few minutes early, though, because she wanted someone to teach her the Mary J Blige "Go Hard or Go Home (Just Fine)" line dance. I figured - what the heck. I might as well make a fool of myself learning a hip-hop line dance instead of leaving early because I was embarrassed. So, I did! I think the other ladies there thought I was crazy, but once I started picking it up they starting smiling at me more. I almost got it - and at least I tried!
    Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyIq87bNrU

Congrats, Karen and Vivia! I am also hoping to be at my goal by my 1-year anniversary - in December.