Need to loose 170 pounds!

If anyone has crossed a similar journey or is in the process of a similar journey, let's share ideas and tips!

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    You'll find lots of support right here, just be faithful about logging in everyday, friends will come.

Remember it's just calories in versus calories out.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Hi nice to meet you :) This is a great site for encouragement and wisdom. So many people here have great things to share i have learned a lot :) The biggest things I can tell you are weigh everything, log everything you eat and never give up :) Remember just because you may have a bad meal do not make the next one a bad one too. Stand back up and keep moving forward :) You got this :)
  • amy2234
    amy2234 Posts: 9
    Nice to meet you! I have about (well let's be realistic) I have 200 pounds to lose. I am in it to win it. Feel free to add me!
  • hey imlooking to lose 105 pounds, and would love to be here to support you and encourage!
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    My suggestion is to set mini-goals. 30 pounds, another 30...etc. It makes it seem less daunting.
  • nirarealtor
    nirarealtor Posts: 4 Member
    My main goal is to lose in total 57 pounds but for starters i would like to lose 18 by Sept ..... I have a plan and I will shoot for my first phase Im 207 lbs currently and looking forward to make it happen! Lets go team
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Hello! I'm in need of encouragement, too, so feel free to add me to your support team. I started out at 204 pounds and would love to lose at least 60.
  • terpstje
    terpstje Posts: 27 Member
    Hi, I am new to this also. So feel free to add me also.
  • pnkfitbae
    pnkfitbae Posts: 2
    Ahmazing weightloss journey Cerakoala. I read your reply and it was so sweet. I hope to find friends here to help. I'm pretty much the only one doing it. My friends say they want to lose weight but doesn't put in any effort to try with me. It's hard to do it along sometimes, but hopefully I can do it with people here. :happy:
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    160lbs here, down 49lbs so far. Would love to share support with anyone with similar goals :)
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    I might not fit the criteria exactly but I am close lol

38lbs off and 115lbs to go!

FR sent :D
  • anewmemeant2be
    anewmemeant2be Posts: 9 Member
    Hello, I am new to this site, just joined tonight but I have a lot of weight to lose too. I am so excited to find this site. Best of luck to everyone! I would love to network too for support through this process.
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Hello! I am just returning, also. I was here before and lost almost 80 pounds, but then regained 40 pounds. I am back for what I hope are the right reasons this time. I have 145+ pounds to go. Anyone can feel free to add me, also :) Good luck! You got this.
  • Lara124911
    Lara124911 Posts: 23
    I was over weight and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at secretosdelara@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    I'm in the process of a similar journey! It's still new to me, at just under a month of being on the journey. My goals (mainly, joining the military, likely U.S. Army or Navy) have kept me going, and I don't plan on giving up. This is too important to me now. :)

Best of luck on your journey… you can do it! Feel free to add me.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Hi,
    You can do this.
    Get up everyday and do the best you can do.
    Somedays you will rock it and somedays not so much.
    Just don't quit.
    Good luck to you.
  • TamOzFit
    TamOzFit Posts: 5 Member
    I am on similiar journey and looking for buddies to share encouragement, struggles, ideas, motivation and whatever with. I am from the Bangor, Maine area :) New friends from anywhere is ok though.....
  • Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal __________This is you:wink:
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is idea
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Set your weight loss goal in MFP to lose 2 lbs/week and eat back a percentage of your exercise calories. (they are usually overestimated). Stay hydrated, get adequate sleep, get a food scale, weigh and measure your food, log accurately and be patient!
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Been on this journey off and on for years... I am giving it another go per doc's orders. Feel free to add me anyone :) Need all the help I can get.
  • carol5047
    carol5047 Posts: 44 Member
    My suggestion is to set mini-goals. 30 pounds, another 30...etc. It makes it seem less daunting.

I strongly agree with this!