How do I meet my macros?

Options
Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice. I have started insanity and I am trying to follow the 40/40/20 percentages for my macros. However, I seem to be WAY over in Carbs and under in protein. I do eat quite healthy. My typical day is;

Breakfast - Porridge or Shredded Wheat
Mid morning snack- Banana or nuts
Lunch- Chicken or tuna sald (peppers, onions, mushrooms) with a little bit of light mayo.
Afternoon snack- Fruit bolw (blueberries, strawberries, greek yogurt)
Dinner- Usually chicken breast with brown rice OR sweet potatoe and some veggies.

I do, however, often indulge in a chocolate bar (most days as I just can't imagine life without chocolate lol) and on some days I have a can of soda.

What can I add/exclude from my diet to meet my macros? I understand I need to eat a certain amount of calories cause I am doing a strenuous workout most days but I think I take advantage of this and think its ok to treat myself to a chocolate bar. Is it not? Should I be taking it out my diet completely?

Any experiences with insanity and diet would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new here so please help out!

Thank you :)

Replies

• NinjaUnicornPirate
    NinjaUnicornPirate Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice. I have started insanity and I am trying to follow the 40/40/20 percentages for my macros. However, I seem to be WAY over in Carbs and under in protein. I do eat quite healthy. My typical day is;

Breakfast - Porridge or Shredded Wheat
    Mid morning snack- Banana or nuts
    Lunch- Chicken or tuna sald (peppers, onions, mushrooms) with a little bit of light mayo.
    Afternoon snack- Fruit bolw (blueberries, strawberries, greek yogurt)
    Dinner- Usually chicken breast with brown rice OR sweet potatoe and some veggies.

I do, however, often indulge in a chocolate bar (most days as I just can't imagine life without chocolate lol) and on some days I have a can of soda.

What can I add/exclude from my diet to meet my macros? I understand I need to eat a certain amount of calories cause I am doing a strenuous workout most days but I think I take advantage of this and think its ok to treat myself to a chocolate bar. Is it not? Should I be taking it out my diet completely?

Any experiences with insanity and diet would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new here so please help out!

Thank you :)

As far as the low protein, you can add whey to your shredded wheat in the morning. Use greek yogurt instead of mayo in your chicken/tuna salads. That will make a world of difference in your macros. If you're going way over on carbs, maybe find a new snack to cut the fruit carbs down. I love doing veggies with ranch dip mixed into greek yogurt.

I think the chocolate and soda in moderation are fine. Great even!! They keep you sane.