How do you account for certain activities?

There are alot of things I can't find on the cardio and strength lists. Maybe I'm being too specific and need to break it down more? For example, most days I push my 46lb 2 year old and my 18lb 6 month old in a 40lb double stroller 30 minutes to the park, then I put the infant in a snuggly and chase the two older boys all around the equipment and across monkey bars and what not. I mean it's everyday routine/activity but it's gotta burn some calories right?! How would I calculate stuff like that? The 18lb boy in the snuggly has gotta be comparable to ankle weights :laugh:

Replies

• Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    There are alot of things I can't find on the cardio and strength lists. Maybe I'm being too specific and need to break it down more? For example, most days I push my 46lb 2 year old and my 18lb 6 month old in a 40lb double stroller 30 minutes to the park, then I put the infant in a snuggly and chase the two older boys all around the equipment and across monkey bars and what not. I mean it's everyday routine/activity but it's gotta burn some calories right?! How would I calculate stuff like that? The 18lb boy in the snuggly has gotta be comparable to ankle weights :laugh:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    If you do this quite often I would just set your daily activity level as active or something near that and then not bother with trying to log stuff like that. I would think the only time you need to log that stuff is if you are mostly sedentary and then one day out of the blue you push a stroller on a walk. Or maybe log the walk while pushing a stroller ( I beleive that is one of the categories for walking) but not log the chasing the boys around if you list your daily activity level as active or fairly active.
  • Kirsti
    Thanks! Guess I should change my settings from sedentary :embarassed: I didn't think about that part of my life as "exercise" cause it's routine..... I was going by "gym days" :laugh:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    heart rate monitor
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    heart rate monitor

Simply Stated.........:wink:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Yeah, but seriously I agree with alvdz......those activities are probably your "norm", if I'm not mistaken. I would stick with logging your cardio on a regular basis. I add my strength training as well, just to make sure i do it. :smile:
  • Kirsti
    Hmmmmmm maybe I'll have to investigate this..... any reccommendations for monitors?