Water aerobics and biking

Options
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I already love it!!. I had lost all the weight I needed to lose, but met my honey and all the weight started getting back on, so before I gain all my weight back, I need to get back on the wagon, I feel like a drug addict, but I AM a food addict instead which is worse because it is so easily hidden.
I started losing weight when I was 211 lbs, and went down to around 130 to 140 lbs (I used to keep it there) all this in 4 months. I kept the weight off by going to the gym everyday for 3 years, where I used to do spinning 4 times a week, but I stopped going less than 2 years ago and that was it for me!!.
I would like to know if anyone has tried water aerobics and something else that they call Hydrofit (I live in Chile now), which is just like spinning but with a bike inside the water. I found it to be a great exercise, but I really would love to get some feedback.
Thanks

Replies

• edith1964
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I already love it!!. I had lost all the weight I needed to lose, but met my honey and all the weight started getting back on, so before I gain all my weight back, I need to get back on the wagon, I feel like a drug addict, but I AM a food addict instead which is worse because it is so easily hidden.
    I started losing weight when I was 211 lbs, and went down to around 130 to 140 lbs (I used to keep it there) all this in 4 months. I kept the weight off by going to the gym everyday for 3 years, where I used to do spinning 4 times a week, but I stopped going less than 2 years ago and that was it for me!!.
    I would like to know if anyone has tried water aerobics and something else that they call Hydrofit (I live in Chile now), which is just like spinning but with a bike inside the water. I found it to be a great exercise, but I really would love to get some feedback.
    Thanks
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Never heard of Hydrofit, but it sounds awesome! I do water jogging, with a special belt. You get a good workout without the impact. Wonder how many calories you burn? Guess you wold have to wear a HRM to find out. What a fun way to get fit though. I would certainly do it if it was offered here, especially in the winter!
  • edith1964
    Options
    Thanks

Never heard of Hydrofit, but it sounds awesome! I do water jogging, with a special belt. You get a good workout without the impact. Wonder how many calories you burn? Guess you wold have to wear a HRM to find out. What a fun way to get fit though. I would certainly do it if it was offered here, especially in the winter!

It is called HIDROFIT, the name is not english I guess. Only 4 countries have this type of exercise right now, Brasil, Poland, Portuga and Chile.
    It is great, if you love spinning, you would love this.
    You can look at the site at www.hidrofit.com.br if you wish
    I have to lose 37 lbs at least before the summer (summer starts in december here)
    I just found out that you burn between 500 and 800 calories in half hour of Hidrofit
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ok will check it out. Thanks