Thigh gap "fun fact"

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Here's a fun fact:

All women have a thigh gap when lying down....or bent over....or straddling..

Yup, certify letter my strike, as well.

I think I like you
  • If a gap means a loose one, then what does my thighs folding over themselves mean? rotflma jk btw :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Mermaid.jpg

As for loose vaginas.... lolz!

I can achieve a thigh gap and I'm overweight. All I have to do is stick my tush out. :drinker:

OMG, don't stick your tush out!!! It will make your vagina loose!!!!

Well, actually....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Here to gap some thighs
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    With my fat thighs I must have the tightest va jay jay. Whoohoo lucky me lol...
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    If a gap means a loose one, then what does my thighs folding over themselves mean? rotflma jk btw :)

Let's find out.....for science.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    They are all loose to me. :grumble:

I wouldn't brag about that :laugh:

Who is bragging? Although, most women shouldnt brag about how big they like things. :laugh:
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    tumblr_m2la5g3VzH1rns60f.gif
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Mermaid.jpg

I can achieve a thigh gap and I'm overweight. All I have to do is stick my tush out. :drinker:

Well, actually....

I think things slipping in will be the least of my problems at this point.... seems like it already happened since I'm pregnant. Coincidence or....... ?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I guess that those of us with thigh gap have more easily accessible lady parts so things are more likely to just slip in.

well tha'ts the reason I always thought guys liked it, and mini skirts for the same reason?

Yes, makes sense!. I just wanted one because I like the cool breeze.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    The internal dimensions of the pelvis, i.e. the width and shape of the birth canal, determines whether or not you have an easy or a hard time giving birth... a wider birth canal = more likely to give birth easily and quickly. The size of the birth canal has no relation to tightness of the vagina... the latter comes from the vaginal muscles. Doing pelvic floor exercises and squats tones up those muscles and makes them strong. The only possible correlation here is that women whose birth canal is too small to give birth vaginally have c-sections so will avoid possible pelvic floor issues that come from a vaginal birth, although the weight of the baby late in pregnancy still impacts on the pelvic floor somewhat and women who've had c-sections should still do pelvic floor exercises.

So it's certainly not the case that having more widely spaced hip joints means a looser vagina - if it is then please provide a peer reviewed journal to back that up.

Additionally, the internal and external dimensions of the pelvis don't match each other so closely as people would imagine. In general, a larger birth canal does mean a wider pelvis and therefore more widely spaced hip joints..... but the correlation isn't perfect and women can have a wide pelvis, widely spaced hip joints and still have a narrow birth canal and have difficulty giving birth because of it. Also, it's possible to still have a fairly wide birth canal while the distance between the hip joints is still fairly narrow, because the overall shape of the pelvis can vary.

And finally, even if someone has a large pelvis and large birth canal, the shape of the birth canal can impact how easy labour is. The birth canal should be oval shaped, a wide oval not far from circular. But if it's more triangular or a more flattened oval shape, then someone's going to have a harder time giving birth, even if it's quite big.

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE this reply.

My internet crush has been sealed. Thank you.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    I think the real takeaway here is the importance of kegels and their role in my happiness.

Plz do them

Thank you! I almost forgot about my daily after lunch workout!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Kegels make this fact inaccurate and irrelevant.
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    tumblr_n4n4nha7ER1rkljv1o1_500.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    in... but on page 4. :frown:
  • as long as it's just for "science" lol
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Mermaid.jpg

Well, actually....

I think things slipping in will be the least of my problems at this point.... seems like it already happened since I'm pregnant. Coincidence or....... ?

Seems that looseness would be a bonus at this point.
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Is it wrong that im amused by the lack of humor some people have and take offense to like everything? lol Gosh being that serious all the time must be boring as heck!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    The internal dimensions of the pelvis, i.e. the width and shape of the birth canal, determines whether or not you have an easy or a hard time giving birth... a wider birth canal = more likely to give birth easily and quickly. The size of the birth canal has no relation to tightness of the vagina... the latter comes from the vaginal muscles. Doing pelvic floor exercises and squats tones up those muscles and makes them strong. The only possible correlation here is that women whose birth canal is too small to give birth vaginally have c-sections so will avoid possible pelvic floor issues that come from a vaginal birth, although the weight of the baby late in pregnancy still impacts on the pelvic floor somewhat and women who've had c-sections should still do pelvic floor exercises.

So it's certainly not the case that having more widely spaced hip joints means a looser vagina - if it is then please provide a peer reviewed journal to back that up.

Additionally, the internal and external dimensions of the pelvis don't match each other so closely as people would imagine. In general, a larger birth canal does mean a wider pelvis and therefore more widely spaced hip joints..... but the correlation isn't perfect and women can have a wide pelvis, widely spaced hip joints and still have a narrow birth canal and have difficulty giving birth because of it. Also, it's possible to still have a fairly wide birth canal while the distance between the hip joints is still fairly narrow, because the overall shape of the pelvis can vary.

And finally, even if someone has a large pelvis and large birth canal, the shape of the birth canal can impact how easy labour is. The birth canal should be oval shaped, a wide oval not far from circular. But if it's more triangular or a more flattened oval shape, then someone's going to have a harder time giving birth, even if it's quite big.
    tumblr_n44wy3BHtx1qbh26io1_500.gif
  • If a gap means a loose one, then what does my thighs folding over themselves mean? rotflma jk btw :)

Let's find out.....for science.

as long as it's just for science ;)
This discussion has been closed.