Thigh gap "fun fact"

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    The internal dimensions of the pelvis, i.e. the width and shape of the birth canal, determines whether or not you have an easy or a hard time giving birth... a wider birth canal = more likely to give birth easily and quickly. The size of the birth canal has no relation to tightness of the vagina... the latter comes from the vaginal muscles. Doing pelvic floor exercises and squats tones up those muscles and makes them strong. The only possible correlation here is that women whose birth canal is too small to give birth vaginally have c-sections so will avoid possible pelvic floor issues that come from a vaginal birth, although the weight of the baby late in pregnancy still impacts on the pelvic floor somewhat and women who've had c-sections should still do pelvic floor exercises.

So it's certainly not the case that having more widely spaced hip joints means a looser vagina - if it is then please provide a peer reviewed journal to back that up.

Additionally, the internal and external dimensions of the pelvis don't match each other so closely as people would imagine. In general, a larger birth canal does mean a wider pelvis and therefore more widely spaced hip joints..... but the correlation isn't perfect and women can have a wide pelvis, widely spaced hip joints and still have a narrow birth canal and have difficulty giving birth because of it. Also, it's possible to still have a fairly wide birth canal while the distance between the hip joints is still fairly narrow, because the overall shape of the pelvis can vary.

And finally, even if someone has a large pelvis and large birth canal, the shape of the birth canal can impact how easy labour is. The birth canal should be oval shaped, a wide oval not far from circular. But if it's more triangular or a more flattened oval shape, then someone's going to have a harder time giving birth, even if it's quite big.
    tumblr_n44wy3BHtx1qbh26io1_500.gif

I am now sitting here watching Neil deGrasse Tyson be "booped" on the nose by a pendulum....

dJcJXsX.jpg
    On-Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-Hosting-Cosmos.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    There's a skeleton what died in that lady's canal in the photopicture.

Damnit! You beat me to it!
  • The only acceptable kind!

1966881_632811416791777_1873417835_n.png
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member

Also, on further down, that might be a guy in a white tee and jeans.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    They are all loose to me. :grumble:

I wouldn't brag about that :laugh:

Who is bragging? Although, most women shouldnt brag about how big they like things. :laugh:

LOL what an interesting Monday!

Keepin it real
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Kegels make this fact inaccurate and irrelevant.

But, those are just body weight exercises. You need to lift weights with your vagina, and progressive overload.

Hahahahahaha!!!! You have officially made my night!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member

Yeah, he died happy, too. That's my ex husband:laugh:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    The only acceptable kind!

Who orders original and crispy at the same time?!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    AWESOME Information!! Will be sharing this!!!

Yes. Please spread the lies!
    Here to gap some thighs

Also... in?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

...and if you look closer, somebody exploring it on foot. :embarassed:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    The only acceptable kind!

Who orders original and crispy at the same time?!

DON'T JUDGE ME!!! *noms on both... at the SAME TIME*
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    The internal dimensions of the pelvis, i.e. the width and shape of the birth canal, determines whether or not you have an easy or a hard time giving birth... a wider birth canal = more likely to give birth easily and quickly. The size of the birth canal has no relation to tightness of the vagina... the latter comes from the vaginal muscles. Doing pelvic floor exercises and squats tones up those muscles and makes them strong. The only possible correlation here is that women whose birth canal is too small to give birth vaginally have c-sections so will avoid possible pelvic floor issues that come from a vaginal birth, although the weight of the baby late in pregnancy still impacts on the pelvic floor somewhat and women who've had c-sections should still do pelvic floor exercises.

So it's certainly not the case that having more widely spaced hip joints means a looser vagina - if it is then please provide a peer reviewed journal to back that up.

Additionally, the internal and external dimensions of the pelvis don't match each other so closely as people would imagine. In general, a larger birth canal does mean a wider pelvis and therefore more widely spaced hip joints..... but the correlation isn't perfect and women can have a wide pelvis, widely spaced hip joints and still have a narrow birth canal and have difficulty giving birth because of it. Also, it's possible to still have a fairly wide birth canal while the distance between the hip joints is still fairly narrow, because the overall shape of the pelvis can vary.

And finally, even if someone has a large pelvis and large birth canal, the shape of the birth canal can impact how easy labour is. The birth canal should be oval shaped, a wide oval not far from circular. But if it's more triangular or a more flattened oval shape, then someone's going to have a harder time giving birth, even if it's quite big.
    tumblr_n44wy3BHtx1qbh26io1_500.gif

I am now sitting here watching Neil deGrasse Tyson be "booped" on the nose by a pendulum....

dJcJXsX.jpg
    On-Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-Hosting-Cosmos.jpg

<3
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member

Right! I just noticed that! Haha!
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Who has done research that supports the OPs hypothesis (or wherever she got that pic from)?

I researched it last week whenever it popped up on facebook because I thought it was ridiculous then and I KNOW it's ridiculous NOW.

This information is useless without pics and diagrams!

dan+for+science.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

...and if you look closer, somebody exploring the lady's canal on foot. :embarassed:

It's the human version of LEMMIWNKS!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Must be my age, but I don't get the gap thing or the v thing as a beauty marker.

You kids today with your trains and telegraphs.

Get off my lawn grandpa! :laugh: :laugh:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Well, maybe it's true because if you squeeze your thighs together while doing the nasty, you end up squeezing your pelvic muscles too...

So, ladies if you want whierd's member to feel like Brett's member, just squeeze your thighs together :bigsmile:

Thank you for supporting my gurney. :flowerforyou:

No problem at all! :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Here to gap some thighs

51449-Kristen-Wiig-humping-Seth-Meye-MJyl.gif

I love her.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Like i said i wasnt trying to offend anyone, I never said all of the info was true. I just wanted to share this pic since "thigh gap" seems to be such a big deal... I think it was ment to be more of a joke about the "loose lady parts" Since we all know thats not really what detemines it. Your bones do determine how your body stands (thigh gap or not) but not what goes on under your pelvis, i think thats more up to you and your muscles. :)
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Like i said i wasnt trying to offend anyone, I never said all of the info was true. I just wanted to share this pic since "thigh gap" seems to be such a big deal... I think it was ment to be more of a joke about the "loose lady parts" Since we all know thats not really what detemines it. Your bones do determine how your body stands (thigh gap or not) but not what goes on under your pelvis, i thinks thats more up to you and your muscles.

You talk about thigh gaps and then refer to a pic of a cat (hidden in what looks to be some drapery looking out an apartment complex window???) ?

I_so_confused.jpg
This discussion has been closed.