From 363.4 to 197.7 lbs: My One-Meal-a-Day Success Story

Replies

• When i said my client lost 36lbs in one month, people were calling me names telling me im a bad trainer etc. My client was eating 4meals a day got all his nutrients and remained healthy while losing all the fat. Now in glad to have seen this post as many people will once again be saying its unhealthy because they've read it somewhere but no, I'm Muslim, we fast for a month and end up eating one meal a day most of the time and Doctors claim that to be a very healthy lifestyle and a great way of losing fat. So haters need to realise that what you say is bs and most of the people who say this is unhealthy are just greedy people who cant give up some of their food. Remember, WE EAT TO LIVE, WE DON'T LIVE TO EAT. Great results brother
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    You have an uncanny resemblance to Bill Nye in the last picture.
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    WOW !!!! so inspiring, you have my in tears over here

your awesome !
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Very inspiring! I've just started experimenting with Intermittant Fasting to see if it might work for me. I've enjoyed reading this thread!
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    My wife and I started OMAD on June 16th. I'm 6'5", and weighed 341, while my wife is 5'2" and weighed 154. In the last three weeks, I have lost 15 lbs, while my wife has lost 8. The first three days were tough, but I learned that a hunger pain doesn't mean that I'm starving. Water is such a huge help. It's great to come home and eat a nice, healthy meal. No longer do we have to worry about what to eat for breakfast or lunch. Our dinner is usually between 800-1200 calories, high protein, 50g carbs or under, and a moderate amount of fat (not overboard). A typical dinner will be a large piece of chicken breast, salad, and a medium red potato. We also incorporate the one caloric beverage stipulation. I'll have Yeungling, while my wife has a glass of juice.

Over the last four years I have fluctuated from 425 -> 325 -> 355 -> 285 -> 355 -> today. I've done Medifast, Kay's Naturals, and other diets, but this is the one that has worked the best for me. I don't have to count calories and carbs all day and can have a satisfying meal that is extremely healthy and reach that euphoric feeling of being full.
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    I am impressed! This may be something I try...I am a binge eater. I lost 40 lbs last year and got depressed for a plethora of reasons...not losing as fast as my husband was, bills, other life stresses and I gained it ALL back. It is so hard for me to eat all the time tiny amounts. Idk why that is. Did you work out at all during this time? Or was the majority of your weight loss just diet?
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    For the OP and everyone on OMAD -- good for you for finding what works, what is sustainable, what is healthy and what is right for you. Sometimes we all need to be reminded that our journeys take different paths.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    So inspiring!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    oops
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Fantastic!!!!

Nothing wrong with one meal a day. Whatever works for you. Eat one meal a day or six. It's the total amount that matters as you've shown.
  • dannisiggy
    dannisiggy Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome job ... congrats!:drinker:
  • RollTide757
    RollTide757 Posts: 17 Member
    Great job!!!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    My body "wants" two huge meals per day, about 2 hours apart. If I eat one huge meal per day, I maintain a weight in the lower 140s, which is thirty pounds over my ideal weight. But at least with one meal a day, although not as enormous of a meal as I want, I can feel halfway-full once a day. If I divided it into several smaller meals, I would NEVER feel anywhere near halfway-full. For me, once I start eating, I am hungry the rest of the day, more so than if I don't eat until late-day.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Congrats, at one time eating one meal a day for me made me lose weight too. I prefer the way my body is now as to then, it;s all perspective, choice, and happiness. If you're happy that is all that matters, I will continue eating my three meals, snacks, and drinking alcoholic beverages now and again without worry. :D To each their own, again congratulations to your success.
  • gr8dane
    gr8dane Posts: 2
    Congrats on your success!!

I have been eating one meal a day on and off for years, but your story has motivated me to get back on track and make it a complete lifestyle change. My fiance has been eating one meal a day since he was 18 (he's now 36), and everyone thinks he's in his early 20s! He also weighs exactly the same as he did 18 years ago. When I was following OMAD (and felt GREAT!!), this is the plan my fiance and I followed:

Mon-Fri:
    Workout in the morning during the fasting phase (I do 1,000 jumping jacks before work).
    Black coffee, unsweetened tea and water during the day.
    Big meal and supplements in the evening.
    *Occasionally I would have an lunch meeting or something where it would just be too awkward avoiding food, so in those cases I would eat the meal during the day and take my supplements when I got home. No matter what though, I still stuck to one main meal a day, no exceptions. I would just have a longer fasting period until dinner the next day.

Sat and Sun:
    Caloric drinks allowed during the day (beer, wine, etc... hey it's the weekend!) :-)
    One big meal any time during the day (brunches, lunches, it's all game! I just make sure it's the only time I take in "solid" calories.
    No working out (other than outdoor activities like walking the dogs and hikes)
    No supplements

This plan worked so well for me because it allowed me to still experience the benefits of fasting without being socially awkward. Win-win. But alas, I went back to eating 3 "normal" meals because people thought the lifestyle was unhealthy, and now I physically feel like crap again.

I am going to a challenge where I stick to the Warrior Diet for a full month along with no dessert (trying to cut most processed sugars out of my life) and see how I feel. If I make it work I am sticking with it indefinitely. Right now I weigh 166 (5'5") so if this message board is still active in a month I will share my results!

Congrats again on your amazing success with One Meal a Day!

http://fitnessblackbook.com/dieting_for_fat_loss/lose-body-fat-by-eating-just-one-meal-per-day/
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi, all.

As I have been maintaining for some time now, I can share with you that one way to maintain weight on OMAD aside from doing just one large meal all the time is to go to one meal every 2 or 3 days only (as if still in losing mode) and the other 4 (or 5) days of the week, go all out eating as often and as much as you want. You net out maintaining weight.

It's amazing how well you learn your body and how well you want to continue losing even after you've added multiple meals back in. I still by far enjoying staying with the OMAD platform mostly. There is too much to enjoy in life without having to stop and deal with feeding these carbon units we call bodies.
  • apostolic470
    apostolic470 Posts: 3 Member
    Thats awesome! thanks for the encouragement.
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    sounds interesting. I may have to try it!

do you feel this way of eating increases the speed at which you lose weight?
  • christianhorsegal
    christianhorsegal Posts: 4 Member
    I have lost around 30 pounds by restricting my calories and working out. But with that said I'm hungry and never feel satisfied. I am going to try this 1 meal a day and let you know what comes of it. When I eat several times a day it makes me more hungry too as well as I have to only eat half or a small portion because I have another mini meal down the road to think about that won't satisfy me either because it's mini or I have to pick and choose and give one food up for another because I'm over on calories. When I have fasted in the past I feel a bit dizzy and not on my game. Does this fade after a week? Let me know if you or anyone experienced the low blood sugar dizziness and if it passes after a certain time. I will keep you posted on my progress.
  • PFPTime
    PFPTime Posts: 1 Member
    When I was in highschool, I was probably 60-75 pounds overweight. My diet to lose weight was to not eat breakfast, a diet coke for lunch and then a normal supper which my mom prepared. Her supper was probably more than I should have had normally but it worked for me.

Now that I am older, I have put on extra weight and eating sensibly and down 25 pounds, but I can think back and remember how that one meal a day worked for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!