stregnth training....how many cals?

Hi

Im a newbie here so forgive me if this has been asked before...i did a full body stregnth training workout(followed a dvd,using free weights) on monday and im trying to figure out how to account for that so that the next time i do one i will know what to do. Would i have to put in every set/rep,if so that would take forever...and be very time comsuming! Also, i didn't notice the calories that i burned when i added the squats(for example)....maybe i did it wrong?

What do you guys do?

Ive thought about just adding in 300 calories when i weight lift and call it a day:ohwell:

thanks in advance!

ETA-LOL...Strength is how its spelled:blushing:

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Hi

Im a newbie here so forgive me if this has been asked before...i did a full body stregnth training workout(followed a dvd,using free weights) on monday and im trying to figure out how to account for that so that the next time i do one i will know what to do. Would i have to put in every set/rep,if so that would take forever...and be very time comsuming! Also, i didn't notice the calories that i burned when i added the squats(for example)....maybe i did it wrong?

What do you guys do?

Ive thought about just adding in 300 calories when i weight lift and call it a day:ohwell:

thanks in advance!

ETA-LOL...Strength is how its spelled:blushing:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    You have to enter it under "cardio"--weight training is listed there, so you can get calories for it.

Keep in mind!

MFP, and any site, can only give you estimates on calories burned!

AND, you're not lifting weights continually when you're doing it, so don't count the entire time you spent--try to estimate how much time you were actually lifting.
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Hey there,

Strength training is actually a low-cal burning exercise, even though you really feel the burn! :smile: It's listed under Cardio exercises here on MFP. I usually do about 45 mins and I think it's just over 110 cals. No need to log every exercise unless you want to keep track like this. :smile:

Hope this helps!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Thank you ! I will go check it out now!