P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I want to know how you enjoyed chest,. shoulders and tris. It is a humdinger!!

WOW, it was a BEAST. I enjoyed it though, I was somewhere in the 8-25 rep range for everything except the one arm pushups (I'm still looking for my rear end they kicked me so hard :laugh: )

Not looking forward to plyo, but I'm going to BRING IT all the same. Thanks for checking in

LOL: I forgot about those 1 armed pushups, and the plyo's. Almost planted my nose on the mat once while doing (trying) them on my toes! Wow, you're reps are great, wait until the month is finished!

You'll be flying thru it! Great job.

Thanks Carvan, I laughed out loud when you were talking about the face plant because that was almost me once or twice yesterday :laugh: Man if you had video of it you'd have something to laugh about for days:laugh:

I know. The worst is that I do my workouts at the gym with a portable dvd with a buddy. I just burst out laughing when it happened and everyone stopped what they were doing to see what had happened. Needless to say, I couldn't continue, I was laughing so hard!
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    I want to know how you enjoyed chest,. shoulders and tris. It is a humdinger!!

WOW, it was a BEAST. I enjoyed it though, I was somewhere in the 8-25 rep range for everything except the one arm pushups (I'm still looking for my rear end they kicked me so hard :laugh: )

Not looking forward to plyo, but I'm going to BRING IT all the same. Thanks for checking in

LOL: I forgot about those 1 armed pushups, and the plyo's. Almost planted my nose on the mat once while doing (trying) them on my toes! Wow, you're reps are great, wait until the month is finished!

You'll be flying thru it! Great job.

Thanks Carvan, I laughed out loud when you were talking about the face plant because that was almost me once or twice yesterday :laugh: Man if you had video of it you'd have something to laugh about for days:laugh:

I know. The worst is that I do my workouts at the gym with a portable dvd with a buddy. I just burst out laughing when it happened and everyone stopped what they were doing to see what had happened. Needless to say, I couldn't continue, I was laughing so hard!

That actually sounds like fun if it was in an area where you'd be undisturbed and you could get friends involved.
  • carvan
    ]

That actually sounds like fun if it was in an area where you'd be undisturbed and you could get friends involved.
    [/quote]

When it is a strength workout, we need to do it in the general gym area. But for other workouts, like kenpo, Yoga, Plyo, depending on the day, we use the aerobic studio if it is free. Sometimes, though, we have no choice but to do it in plain view. But people are very curious and we sometimes do have to stop and explain. Too bad I am in Canada, can't be a coach, so can't promote this and make some$
  • p90x_Dude
    When it is a strength workout, we need to do it in the general gym area. But for other workouts, like kenpo, Yoga, Plyo, depending on the day, we use the aerobic studio if it is free. Sometimes, though, we have no choice but to do it in plain view. But people are very curious and we sometimes do have to stop and explain. Too bad I am in Canada, can't be a coach, so can't promote this and make some$

Wait a minute can you be a coach in the US? Hmmmmmm :tongue: It would be sweet to teach a course like this at a gym after much practice and peak shape of course. What good would I be if I'm nauseas with the rest of the class :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Wait a minute can you be a coach in the US? Hmmmmmm :tongue: It would be sweet to teach a course like this at a gym after much practice and peak shape of course. What good would I be if I'm nauseas with the rest of the class :laugh:

Dude ~ Yep, you sure can be. Shoot me an email if you have some questions!

Carol ~ I love that you do your workouts at the gym! I mainly use the Y for the cardio and pool, and do my strength training at home. It's just easier w/ 3 kiddos to keep track of!

Jess
  • p90x_Dude
    Will do Jess
  • carvan

Dude ~ Yep, you sure can be. Shoot me an email if you have some questions!

Carol ~ I love that you do your workouts at the gym! I mainly use the Y for the cardio and pool, and do my strength training at home. It's just easier w/ 3 kiddos to keep track of!

Jess

Jess: I get up and go early. My boys need to be able to get going on their own. Of course they are, ahem, adults!!???? Plus, I don't get caught up in the Mom, pleaaaaaseee, game!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Hi Angelo!

Im currently doing the Power 90 Master series! I just started about 4 days ago. Im loving it!!! I was planning to do the X but decided to tackle the master series first. What eating plan are you following?

Steph

86913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • p90x_Dude
    Hi Angelo!

Im currently doing the Power 90 Master series! I just started about 4 days ago. Im loving it!!! I was planning to do the X but decided to tackle the master series first. What eating plan are you following?

Steph

86913.png

Eating plan....I don't need no stinking eating plan :tongue:
    Seriously I have deviated from the program in this area, I've been cutting back carbs and eating more whole grains and raw fruits/veggies. I'm in phase II and am trying to do better.

Let me know how power 90 does for you.

Take care
  • Sexythighz
    Hi Angelo!

Steph

86913.png

Eating plan....I don't need no stinking eating plan :tongue:
    Seriously I have deviated from the program in this area, I've been cutting back carbs and eating more whole grains and raw fruits/veggies. I'm in phase II and am trying to do better.

Let me know how power 90 does for you.

Take care

LOL!!!:smile: I am currently following the Fat Smash Diet Plan. I am happy so far with my results. Im doing the detox phase right now. Im on Day 5. Eating clean is always a challenge for me. I can work out all day everyday not a problem but when it comes to the meals really the wekend is where I stray. Im working on that. I will definatelykeep you posted on how im doing with P 90M. Its no joke I can tell you that. I did core cardio this morning. Tonight im doing Ramp It Up from the SI6 DVD. I got get the job done.:happy:

Steph
  • p90x_Dude
    Sounds good, I'm thinking about trying nutrisystem down the road maybe after p90x
  • carvan
    Sounds good, I'm thinking about trying nutrisystem down the road maybe after p90x

Though nutri system does work, I believe it makes peeps lazy. It is easy to just eat what they provide for you, but then once you attain your results, you need to go it on your own. And this is where people mess up. Better off following P90x nutrition plan, gives you a good indication of what you should be eating, how much and when. this is just my opinion. though

Steph: I have looked at the fat smash diet,heard good things, but it is quite limiting for me. Good luck, would love to hear about your results

Carol
  • p90x_Dude
    Yep, it would be an after p90x thing, because I'm having a hard enough time getting on tract now.
  • Sexythighz

Though nutri system does work, I believe it makes peeps lazy. It is easy to just eat what they provide for you, but then once you attain your results, you need to go it on your own. And this is where people mess up. Better off following P90x nutrition plan, gives you a good indication of what you should be eating, how much and when. this is just my opinion. though

Steph: I have looked at the fat smash diet,heard good things, but it is quite limiting for me. Good luck, would love to hear about your results

Carol

Hey Carol!!! I will definately I will keep you posted!!! I just completed level 1!

Angelo how are you doing?

Steph
  • p90x_Dude
    Pretty good steph, poorly motivated this week but I'm still getting it done thank God.

I see you're still kicking butt and taking names right!
  • carvan
    Pretty good steph, poorly motivated this week but I'm still getting it done thank God.

I see you're still kicking butt and taking names right!

C;mom there dude, by my count you are half way through the program. Keep Pushing Play and BRING IT DUDE!

Carol
  • joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Still haven't found it for that cheap, I'm nervous about getting copies off of craigslist and the quality there. Maybe I should just suck it up and save up for a while and buy it...sigh.
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    I wanted to try this and couldn't bring myself to spend the money without seeing some of the workouts. I found some on Ebay selling individual discs. I picked up 2 discs to try and will buy the set if I like the workouts. I picked up the the Chest, Tricep, and Shoulder disc (#5 I believe) also the Legs and Back (disc #9 I believe). Just waiting for them to arrive. I'll let you guys know what I think :smile:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Hey there....I have the 12 P90X DVD workouts....but no plan or any other info......was just wondering if anyone recommends doing the DVD's in any particular order??? I havnt even peeked at whats on them since Im not sure what to do first.
    Thank you ahead of time if anyone answers!!:smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Send me an email. (in my profile) I have a spreadsheet in Excel that gives you all of the info that you need. HTH!

Jess