What time should I stop eating?Honey diet

Some people say 6pm , some 8pm.. I am working till 7pm by the time I am home is 8 then 9-10pm if I go gym. Before I cook the meal and I am ready to eat often is 9pm. Should I bring food to work and eat my last meal before finish work? or before gym???
Any advises??

Also i started drinking mix of small 2 x spoon of honey with squeeze of lemon before bed. Someone told me is good for losing weight?? true?false? I have not lost anything since I am dieting now for 2 weeks.
Is better to replace sugar for sweetener for my coffee or for honey??

Also should I eat bananas or not? I had half banana with my yogurt today and yesterday half with egg(pancake) or should I stp eating them completely?
thanks

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Eat whenever works for you and your schedule. Meal timing has no impact on weight loss.

In terms of your honey/lemon drink, this will have no effect on weight loss. If you like the taste then feel free to drink it but note that honey is a sugar so remember to log the calories.
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Eat whenever works for you and your schedule. Meal timing has no impact on weight loss.

In terms of your honey/lemon drink, this will have no effect on weight loss. If you like the taste then feel free to drink it but note that honey is a sugar so remember to log the calories.

So the whole ''dont after 6pm'' is a myth?

honey- it was an article on daily mail-( I know don't believe articles- but then where is the right article-right diet plan-right diet ?) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2516510/The-honey-diet-Drop-dress-size-party-season-having-spoonful-honey-bed--following-delicious-recipes.html

Not sure if another myth???
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

honey- it was an article on daily mail- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2516510/The-honey-diet-Drop-dress-size-party-season-having-spoonful-honey-bed--following-delicious-recipes.html

The Daily Fail isn't the best source to get diet advice from.
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member

honey- it was an article on daily mail- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2516510/The-honey-diet-Drop-dress-size-party-season-having-spoonful-honey-bed--following-delicious-recipes.html

I have looked into it some and as long as you are within your calorie limit when you eat does not effect your weight. I have read that eating a majority of your calories right before bed or having a meal that is mainly carbs can be bad for weight loss, but eating something small not long before bed won't hurt. As far as the honey, there is not a lot of scientific data but it can't hurt :)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Pretty sure the "don't eat after 7 pm" rule is more about digestion than weight loss. However some people find that if they are doing evening snacking that's when they have the hardest time resisting the so-called "junk food." But that based on something that works for an individual… not science. I work a graveyard shift. At least 75% of my calorie intake happens between the hours of 7 pm and 7am. And the other 25% is still within 2 hours (or less) of when I go to bed. So, as long as you're within your calorie goal...don't worry about timing.

I've heard about the honey/lemon thing… it's usually based on the idea that drinking it before a meal helps you feel fuller so you eat less. But as a previous commenter mentioned, honey has calories… so just be aware of that and log it. If you like it and feel like it does help you… then go for it… but it's certainly not necessary or even a huge advantage.

As far as bananas… I don't know where you're getting the idea that maybe you shouldn't be eating them. Fruit is good for you. I'm not a doctor, But basically, I would say… unless you have specific medical conditions that make you sensitive to sugar (even the naturally occurring sugar in fruit) … if you enjoy your bananas… EAT THEM! I have a banana almost every day for breakfast.
  • Aniqana
    Great Thanks!

I am just new and trying everything- and there is so many myths and things I have been told- or google told me.. ;)
    I am reading and reading trying to find best solution and foods for me but one site says eat that-other dont! :)

Any links to good exercising-dieting that works for you- would be much appreciated !
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Great Thanks!

I am just new and trying everything- and there is so many myths and things I have been told- or google told me.. ;)
    I am reading and reading trying to find best solution and foods for me but one site says eat that-other dont! :)

Any links to good exercising-dieting that works for you- would be much appreciated !
    The best exercise is the one that you enjoy and will keep doing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

The Daily Fail isn't the best source to get diet advice from.

:laugh:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Meal timing is personal preference. Also anytime you hear or read "drop so many pounds in so many days" stop reading immediately. Don't over complicate it.

Here's some information that might help

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you can have honey, then why not banana?

Weight management isn't magic, it's math.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member

Love this!
  • Aniqana

I dont really know if I can eat honey- someone already pointed that daily mail lies;p so maybe honey is also banned?? i really dont know..

Is there anywhere a realistic list of food you and cant eat or eat in moderate etc.????
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Nothing is 'banned' just make whatever it is fit into your daily allowance. Log everything accurately and burn some calories. Simples.

What exercise do you like doing? Walking? Cycling? Swimming? Have you tried weight lifting (it won't make you into she-hulk overnight, we promise!)? Kettlebells?
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    You can literally eat anything in moderation. If it fits your macros including bananas and even takeaways. Weight loss is about calories in vs calories out.

The honey thing and not eating after a certain time is a myth.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Eat whenever you like - shouldn't make a difference. I usually eat dinner around 9pm even though I work from home, it just suits me.

I think often when places say to not eat after 6/8pm it's more about not snacking and over eating in the evening, for people who aren't counting calories. But when you're logging calories and are aware of your intake, it doesn't really matter.
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Here's a list for you:

Foods you can eat - everything, just fit it into your calories
    Food not to eat - anything you don't like

Sorted.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Stop looking at food as good, bad or whatever. Who is banning this food? Is there a food police I don't know about?

It's really about being consistent, go for 80% good choices and the other 20% don't worry about. Learn to eat smaller portions, get a food scale it helps. Look at diaries it will give you some ideas.

Track your food, eat at a reasonable deficit and do some strength training you will get results.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member

I dont really know if I can eat honey- someone already pointed that daily mail lies;p so maybe honey is also banned?? i really dont know..

Is there anywhere a realistic list of food you and cant eat or eat in moderate etc.????

No food is "banned" so to speak. Some people find that low carbs (sugar is a carb and found in honey) can effect their weight loss, but many others have no problems with it. Unfortunately, there is no hard and fast "eat this and not that" list for everyone. It comes down to what works for you.

I can lose weight eating Chinese take out and ice cream just as well as I can eating nothing but grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies. The WHAT has less to to with weight loss than the HOW MUCH does. As long as I stay within my calorie goal, I eat what I want. It can be harder to eat things like cookies, pastries, and fast food often because they pack a lot of calories for very little volume and that leads me to being hungry. Fruits, veggies, good protein sources, healthy fats, and whole grains fill me up and keep me running while providing the nutrition my body needs. So what I try to do is balance the healthy and the treats and never feel like I'm depriving myself of the foods that I enjoy. I know better than going out and eating half a pizza now, but one slice paired with a salad will be okay.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Don''t eat while sleeping as you may choke. As for bananas I eat around 4 a day they don't seem to have stopped me losing weight

Follow the sexypants link and when you hear some of these things such as no red foods on sundays just take a step back and apply some common sense. We all wish we could blame our weight health issues on many things or find some miracle solution. In reality the only issue was we ate too much food for our activity level

Good luck
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Meal timing will not impact your end results, it may however impact how you feel and function which could indirectly impact your end result. I prefer to eat 7 times a day, from the second I wake until right before I go to sleep. That seems to work for me, I maintain a steady supply of macro nutrients through out the day which seems to help me from getting fatigued and tired.