FIT BIT

2»

Replies

• Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Also if you don't have a fit bit it's hard to explain how the site runs. I'm guessing that's where it may be confusing too. :laugh: It's fun watching the ranking placement and it's exciting for me to see everyone.

Well, I've had my fitbit flex for about 7 months. I use it to keep track of runs, walks, and miles. That's it. I have never linked with friends because I'm doing my thing and don't care about competing with anyone but myself.

Maybe the newness wore off and people are dropping off because of that. Find new friends that are still there.

This is for you: :wink: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :laugh:

:laugh: I LOVE :love: the last part :bigsmile: thank you.
    Ok that also makes sense, the newness but I'm not competing at all it's like watching the races "And they are off"...
    For me it's like running my first Neon Dash, the lights, the people, the excitement... It's my AAAADD can't help it :wink:
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Oh come off it! This post is a 180 from the normal WOMP WOMP WOMP threads usually posted around here. So she's animated, maybe she has a Flex and all those arm swings are counting for something :tongue:

Anyway, I just got a FitBit and I'm obsessed also! I will spend my lunch walking around if need be, it's a great little motivator.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    :laugh: I know I know

Maybe I should have started off with THOSE WHO HAVE FITBITS???Hindsight is always 20/20
    You can edit.

How? I'm not very techno savy sorry

At the bottom of each of your posts, you should see, "Edit Report Post Quote Reply." Click on "edit."
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Oh come off it! This post is a 180 from the normal WOMP WOMP WOMP threads usually posted around here. So she's animated, maybe she has a Flex and all those arm swings are counting for something :tongue:

Anyway, I just got a FitBit and I'm obsessed also! I will spend my lunch walking around if need be, it's a great little motivator.

Come off it? People are joking, OP is joking with us. People get too serious around here sometimes. :flowerforyou:
  • Jovette42

:bigsmile: Thanks
  • Jovette42
    :laugh: I know I know

Maybe I should have started off with THOSE WHO HAVE FITBITS???Hindsight is always 20/20
    You can edit.

Perfect thank you I got it, maybe that will help clear up any confusion :wink:

How? I'm not very techno savy sorry

At the bottom of each of your posts, you should see, "Edit Report Post Quote Reply." Click on "edit."
  • K8Fit
    K8Fit Posts: 31 Member
    I've had a Fitbit for 4 years and I only pay attention to the leaderboard if one of my Fitbit friends wants to have a challenge. The Fitbit friends that have gone inactive on my list are either focusing on strength training or are serious runners who use other websites like strava. (And then of course a few have just quit because they didn't like it)

I love my Fitbit but I see it as a fancy step counter....and that's it. I see quite a few fitbitters burn out from clocking in over 20k steps day in and day out. Don't even get me started on the people who clock in 40k plus steps a day. This is efficient training.
  • Jovette42

Come off it? People are joking, OP is joking with us. People get too serious around here sometimes. :flowerforyou:

I've been cracking up this whole time :laugh: Ya'll are hilarious I don't post in the forum much but I'll know for next time to watch out :wink: and yes I talk like that too :laugh:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    tumblr_lyy5zuACLb1rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • Jovette42
    I've had a Fitbit for 4 years and I only pay attention to the leaderboard if one of my Fitbit friends wants to have a challenge. The Fitbit friends that have gone inactive on my list are either focusing on strength training or are serious runners who use other websites like strava. (And then of course a few have just quit because they didn't like it)

I love my Fitbit but I see it as a fancy step counter....and that's it. I see quite a few fitbitters burn out from clocking in over 20k steps day in and day out. Don't even get me started on the people who clock in 40k plus steps a day. This is efficient training.

All of that makes sense ty. My feet were hurting me trying to keep up with my top 10. I told my husband that I will NOT be doing that again :laugh:
  • Jovette42
    tumblr_lyy5zuACLb1rn95k2o1_500.gif

I LOVE that movie!!!! :love: I'm part Elf :wink: and fish
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    I have a Fitbit One and I understand you perfectly, with or without the smileys :tongue:

I have got a friends group – none of whom I will ever meet – of about 20 and my average placing is about 4th to 6th. I got up to 2nd last week and took a screen shot, even though nobody I know in the real world could care less! I enjoy checking in but I am not overly concerned about it unless I drop out of the top 10.

:flowerforyou:
  • Cheri0830
    Cheri0830 Posts: 37 Member
    Love love love my fit bit, I hate when I have to charge it, (I do of course) It is a very big part of me, and it is great motivation, to move, I might not get my 10,000 everyday, but for the most part I do, It's what I do for me. And it feels great.

I was only getting in my steps, but this month I decided to join a fitness club, and that feels really great, I am working in some classes and that is when you find your weakness and you challenge yourself, and this time around I am not only doing Cardio, I am making sure I also get in strength exercise.

Go go go all you Fit Bit user, it's a great thing.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Oh there's also a Fitbit group on MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Are you asking why people who choose to let *some* people into their private lives don't necessarily let *everyone* in?
  • Jovette42
    I have a Fitbit One and I understand you perfectly, with or without the smileys :tongue:

I have got a friends group – none of whom I will ever meet – of about 20 and my average placing is about 4th to 6th. I got up to 2nd last week and took a screen shot, even though nobody I know in the real world could care less! I enjoy checking in but I am not overly concerned about it unless I drop out of the top 10.

:flowerforyou:

:happy: TY
  • Jovette42
    Love love love my fit bit, I hate when I have to charge it, (I do of course) It is a very big part of me, and it is great motivation, to move, I might not get my 10,000 everyday, but for the most part I do, It's what I do for me. And it feels great.

I was only getting in my steps, but this month I decided to join a fitness club, and that feels really great, I am working in some classes and that is when you find your weakness and you challenge yourself, and this time around I am not only doing Cardio, I am making sure I also get in strength exercise.

Go go go all you Fit Bit user, it's a great thing.

YES!!! :love: that's awesome

I didn't realize how bad I slept until I got it :laugh:
  • Jovette42
    Are you asking why people who choose to let *some* people into their private lives don't necessarily let *everyone* in?

:laugh: no there's a section in the fitbit page that shows inactivity or opting out and I was inquiring why people opt out. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Jovette42
    Oh there's also a Fitbit group on MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users

Oooooo thanks