Greek turkey burgers YUM!

veggiesnyc
veggiesnyc Posts: 14 Member
I made turkey burgers for the first time this week and was determined to make them Greek-style in some way. I found a recipe on MyRecipes.com that helped me along. I cannot begin to tell you how delicious these were! I served them on toasted semolina rolls with a greek-yogurt based tzatziki sauce, arugula, and tomato. So flavorful and filling! I made four burgers, but they were substantial - you could probably get 5-6 burgers out of this. Would also be good on a sandwich thin or whole wheat pita, or even just over a salad!

Greek Turkey Burgers

1.3 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried mint
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into 4-6 patties by hand. These can be grilled, cooked in a grill pan, or in a regular skillet. I cooked in a skillet over medium heat with olive oil spray for 5-6 minutes on each side. Let them rest for a few minutes after cooking.

Replies

• mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    That sounds yummy! This is definitively on my list next i make bbq!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Bump
  • newjensoon
    newjensoon Posts: 116 Member
    Sounds mazing. Bumping for future meal. Tahnks! :)
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    These sound delish!!
  • iGman79
    iGman79 Posts: 66 Member
    I made turkey burgers for the first time this week and was determined to make them Greek-style in some way. I found a recipe on MyRecipes.com that helped me along. I cannot begin to tell you how delicious these were! I served them on toasted semolina rolls with a greek-yogurt based tzatziki sauce, arugula, and tomato. So flavorful and filling! I made four burgers, but they were substantial - you could probably get 5-6 burgers out of this. Would also be good on a sandwich thin or whole wheat pita, or even just over a salad!

Greek Turkey Burgers

1.3 lbs extra lean ground turkey
    1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    1 tsp grated lemon zest
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp dried mint
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into 4-6 patties by hand. These can be grilled, cooked in a grill pan, or in a regular skillet. I cooked in a skillet over medium heat with olive oil spray for 5-6 minutes on each side. Let them rest for a few minutes after cooking.

great recipe!!told by a greek guy :)
    be careful with feta cheese..i know its absolutely amazing but has lots of fat!!!
    the recipe rocks:)
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Yum, sounds really good, thanks for sharing.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    bumping
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    sounds delic...did you cook the onions at all?
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    do you happen to recall the nutrition stats on this?

Protein and calories?
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    oh that sounds so good! I bet its amazing with Tzatziki sauce! I make bulk burgers too when i get a few pounds of ground turkey. I season and form and press between wax paper and freeze for go to easy dinner nights. I do sage and onion as well as jalapeno lime with cumin turkey burgers. Now i got another variation to try thank you!
  • veggiesnyc
    I didn't. They cooked through when I cooked the patties, so they weren't crunchy or raw tasting :)
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    WOW - I will be trying these...thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Yum! Thanks for sharing!
  • veggiesnyc
    If you do 5 servings and 1/4 cup of feta, each serving has 164 calories, 1 carb, 9 g fat, and 21 g protein. This is using full-fat feta, I think they make reduced fat feta too? Don't know if it tastes any good though!
  • veggiesnyc
    Feta sure does have a lot of fat! I was surprised to see that when I entered the numbers. It tastes SO good though - luckily it is strong, so a little goes a long way :)
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    If you do 5 servings and 1/4 cup of feta, each serving has 164 calories, 1 carb, 9 g fat, and 21 g protein. This is using full-fat feta, I think they make reduced fat feta too? Don't know if it tastes any good though!

thanks!!
    sounds like I need to try this
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Just made this last night for diner and it was FANTASTIC! I used ground chicken instead of turkey and used sheep milk feta (creamier than most store bought Feta) and it was so good.
    I made 4 big patty but unlike beef it doesn't really shrink when it cooks, next time i'll make 6.
    Thanks for the recipe!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    This sounds really good!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I will definitely be making these!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    WOW sounds great I must make them Thanks!