Biggest Weight Losers - PURPLE TEAM!

RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Let's go purple team!! This is just a place for all of us to get to know eachother as well as give one another support and encouragement! If you are new to MFP or just aren't part of our little 'Biggest Losers' challenge go to the following thread or message 'Canelitas' to be assigned to a team!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/22943-biggest-weight-losers-wk-1

Let's kick butt purple team!!!

26AG13772.jpg

Team Leader - Canelitas
Members:

Anniec
DeborahHen
Lmariannel
Net60
Pecksun8
Tall-t
Stephanieo78
RachVR6
Hgam1
Vans
Reet34
Slender1

All weighing-in @ 2,564.7 lbs

Replies

• RachVR6
    Let's go purple team!! This is just a place for all of us to get to know eachother as well as give one another support and encouragement! If you are new to MFP or just aren't part of our little 'Biggest Losers' challenge go to the following thread or message 'Canelitas' to be assigned to a team!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/22943-biggest-weight-losers-wk-1

Let's kick butt purple team!!!

26AG13772.jpg

Team Leader - Canelitas
    Members:

Anniec
    DeborahHen
    Lmariannel
    Net60
    Pecksun8
    Tall-t
    Stephanieo78
    RachVR6
    Hgam1
    Vans
    Reet34
    Slender1

All weighing-in @ 2,564.7 lbs
  • RachVR6
    Purple purple purple!!!

739347090_4b3d3bacb0.jpg?v=0
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Woo-Whooo!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    haha wooo I have some purple hair.....I should show you guys!! Im psyched to...already feeling like im working out harder :wink:
  • RachVR6
    Me too, today was my stretch/yoga day with P90x but I'll be kickin' it into gear tomorrow! :wink:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Purple is my birthstone and favorite color. Congrats on your previous weight loss. I lost 5 lbs before joining this site. Good luck
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Vans, we must see your hair! :bigsmile:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    I love the purple montage!!!

Hey all!!!

I did a spin class today :noway:

There was literally a puddle of sweat beneath my bike and I am starting to feel it:sad:

All for a good cause, and a more beautiful me...right? :smooched:
  • RachVR6
    Right tall_t! I wish i could say the same... I over did it at dinner tonight. I just fel the urge to and couldn't stop myself. I kept saying "Is this gonna help you reach your goals? Is it going to make you feel good about yourself? Is it gonna help out the purple team?" No, no, and no...but I ate 2 burgers anyway. They were turkey and on whole wheat but my tummy hurts now! I'll work it off at 4:30am tomorrow though. I'm not letting you guys down!!!! :wink:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    You all can call me Tina... a little easier =)

The tall is there only because I am 6'1
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    To introduce myself a lil:
    my name is Vanessa
    nick name in high school was Vans (yes from the shoes haha:happy: )
    I am a University Graduate from Ontario, Canada!

Im looking forward to the journey and experience I will share with the PURPLE TEAM!!!

:flowerforyou: Good luck to us!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Here's some facts about me:

- Name is Rach
    - I turn 20 next month
    - I'm a P90x fanatic!
    - Born and raised in MD
    - I have 7 tattoos, all huge though. Working on turning the one's on my arms into full half sleeves and when I lose my back fat I'm getting a huge piece from my shoulders to my butt
    - I'm addicted to VW's, I've owned three, have an array of model cars on my desk at work and when I'm not here i'm usually looking or talking about them

Well I think that's enough for now. :bigsmile:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Hi Purplers!!

My name is Hadiza, 39, 2 kids (20 and 12) with a granddaughter! (too young to be a grandma) so, I insisted she calls me ummi = grandma in my dialect.

Feel so motivated since joining this site!!! Was with another site here in the UK and lost (6stones), which I have just realised is 84lbs - am more comfortable with stones so must ajust my profile...another 26 lbs (2stones) to go. So, this is just what I need to shift the last 2 stones!!! (fingers crossed and lips sealed from all those temptations!!!

GO PURPLE!!!!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    PS - I did an hour of circuit training in the gym this moring before work on account of the big dinner OH cooked last night and I popped into town on my lunch break to get another swim wear!!! Goodness me what a motivation eh?!!!
  • RachVR6
    Congrats on your prior weight lost Hadiza! We're glad to have you in our little family!
  • reet34
    reet34 Posts: 47
    Hi fellow Purple team,

Great to see so many people joining up for the next 16 weeks. Most Exciting!!

Thought I might introduce myself to you.

I'm 41 with my next birthday sooner than later! I work full time plus run a small programing business.
    Married with 3 children 12, 14 & 16, an d my family is complete with a dog and cat.

I live in Tasmania so the outdoors is a good alternative but we are smack bang in the middle of winter, short days and cool crisp days, very chilly nights.

In search of success this week I joined a Gym, and today had my first run - ok run walk but it was a start. I am finding the logging awesome and a real motivator to see how much calories are in certain food before I eat them.

the photo is what the aim is - I really couldn't find a decent photo of myself to load but will work on it and the running.

Look forward to getting to know you better

Moreeta
  • RachVR6
    Hello Moreeta! I haven't yet built up the confidence to join a gym. I love to weight lift but need someone to tag along and spot me, as well as just being there so I don't feel so self-concious! :laugh:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Hi Purple Team!

My name is Alison, and I'm 24, married to my favorite man in the world, and we have two little beagles. (Check out my pics!)

I live in Richmond, Virginia, work as a graphic designer, and I love to run! I am planning on running my second half marathon this November.

I don't have much to lose but I'm excited about being a part of the team to help lose the last few pounds! I am also doing a Biggest Loser competition at my work - everyone chipped in $10 and the person who loses the biggest % of their weight in 8 weeks gets the total pot!

Looking forward to the next 16 weeks with y'all!
  • reet34
    Hi Rach,

is that you really under the car? If so Impressive!
  • reet34
    Welcome Alison,

I'll take the 1/2 marathon as inspirational. I am only aiming to get back to regular daliy runs for about 30 minutes each day.

If any of us need running tips we know where to ask :)

Cheers Moreeta