Tracking Calorie Burn

Options
I was following a thread yesterday regarding "double dipping" calorie burn via fitbit and a heart rate monitor that peaked my interest, as I have just purchased both. I have been searching the forums and help section in an attempt to figure out how to handle my new gadgets appropriately and stumbled upon this response from the MFP staff.

(http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/8113326-fitbit-adjustment-vs-manual-hrm-entries)

"Thank you for taking the time to post in the MyFitnessPal support center and my apologies for any confusion. Anytime you log an exercise in MyFitnessPal it is sent to Fitbit and they replace your calories burned for the given time you were exercising with the manually logged exercise.

That being said, the calorie burn is still added to your adjustment. After it is added to your adjustment MyFitnessPal adds the calories to your expected daily calorie burn so that you do not receive double credit for that exercise."

So...If I am reading this correctly, I can enter my calorie burn from my HRM into my exercise diary and there will be no double dipping? Thoughts? It's still a little confusing to me and I don't want to mess it up!

Replies