Do you dress your dog?

Replies

• I have coats for my dogs in the winter but I don't put costumes on them.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Of course. The dressing is sometimes the best part of the meal.
    *teehee*
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    kittenmittons_zps82b30292.gif

Kitten Mittens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
  • PurringMyrrh
    kittenmittons_zps82b30292.gif
    I am so in love with Charlie and his kitten mittens!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    What if she gets cold??

cute-lil-hedgehog2.png

That's adorable.

One of my dogs was born with a genetic condition that caused all of his hair to fall out when he was about a year old. I live in a warm climate so all he needs is sunscreen when he goes hiking, but when we go camping and it's cold, he wears a jacket. I think that's legit. It's not cool to let your little baldy shiver in the cold. :frown:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    My boys have sweaters but now we live in Georgia so we never need them. One Halloween I dressed them up:

The face says it all
    a5426b4a-119a-48c1-a244-914f9353b8f7_zps73dcdef4.jpg

This one loved it though:

4294d1b8-d5f9-44a6-a2b7-0e02f1066fc4_zpsf5b9bb51.jpg
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    I bought my dogs fun Christmas sweaters, they actually like them because they're warm and my dogs are heat hogs. We have some cute patriotic bandanas to put on them if they go out somewhere but that's about it.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Taco (the Chihuahua) has sweaters for the winter and I dressed him up as a little devil one year for Halloween.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My dog has a raincoat for walks in wet weather. She doesn't really care if she gets wet and muddy, but as she is allowed on the furniture, I'd prefer to keep her dryer and cleaner.

Also has a Thundershirt because she really hates t-storms.

That's it though.

That's how I handled it when I had a mini dachshund, "clothes" were for purposes other than just cuteness. Although of course they looked cute too...how can a wiener dog in a little red heart printed raincoat not look cute!?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

Well Hello! There's party hats! What's not to love?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

My husband said the eyes were redundant. :angry:
  • MnWild74
    MnWild74 Posts: 34 Member
    I dressed my as a jail bird for halloween, since he is an escape artist. I took a pic of him behind bars a.k.a babygate.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    I have an Aussiedoodle who adores being dressed up. Her favorite thing to do after bath time is to have a towel wrapped around her head. When she found out how comfy blankets and scarves are, she was hooked. She actually ASKS for these (puts her face in whatever she wants on her and then stares at us like she's trying to speak to our soul). I even tried a tank-top one time and she was so proud of herself!

Otherwise the only other thing she's worn is a Thundershirt to combat anxiety.

My last dog (a golden) loved getting dressed up. We put a string of fake pearls around her neck, some white gloves on her front paws and handed her a clutch one time. She was overjoyed at looking so "fancy" and ran to my dad to show him how pretty she was. :)

As long as the dog isn't overheating and isn't embarrassed to be dressed up, what's the harm? Now, the Satin/Swarski doggy wedding dresses I see at pet industry trade shows...those are a bit much...
  • PurringMyrrh

:laugh: They are.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Buffalo-Hot-Dogs-2-Noble-Pig.jpg
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    DSC00740.jpg

maybe a little....
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    <--- I did one time. She was so scared! That's why she's hiding under my leg. You have to admit that she looks pretty good in a hoody, though, right?
  • Not getting into the psychology of animals - likes, dislikes and opinions - I did put a sweater on my Miniature Bull Terrier for winter. She was cold, what can I say? Did it have to be pink and have the lyrics of a popular and annoying song on it? No, but - again - what can I say? :) I also put bandanas on my Cattle Dogs.

Now, I do dye my dogs - my mother's Poodle has been pink for valentines day and I have a request of red and green for Christmas. He's a Standard Poodle - grooming is a way of life for him and he doesn't mind. Like most Standards, he loves grooming. My partner wants a Dalmatian and I plan on getting another Mini Bull - both of which will probably be sporting some color for the holidays throughout their life.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    A pretty pink bandana for my husky-shephard (Lucy) and a yellow one for my chocolate lab/hound (Kota)... Lucy hates being a "nakey-saurus"... Kota likes to use Lucy's bandana for leverage against her... haha my poor girls... :laugh: But they look so gosh-darned cute in them I can't help myself!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

:laugh: They are.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:laugh: