Biggest Weight Losers - PURPLE TEAM!

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Hi Rach,

is that you really under the car? If so Impressive!

Yea that's me...about 40lbs ago as well haha! I sold that car though :cry:, but replaced it with an early 90's Gti. Love of my life!!! I have some work to do on it this weekend actually. My bf told me last night as we arrived at the grocery store, that he gets to pick my next car because he doesn't fit in mine! Haha, but this is coming from a guy that's 6'2" and drove a GEO METRO for a year!!! :laugh: I love that boy.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Welcome Alison,

I'll take the 1/2 marathon as inspirational. I am only aiming to get back to regular daliy runs for about 30 minutes each day.

If any of us need running tips we know where to ask :)

Cheers Moreeta

30 minutes is AWESOME! if you can do 30, you can train up to 60, and if you can do 60 minutes, you can train up to 90 minutes ... and so on :)

you should check out the MFP Runner's Club on the fitness message board - there are lots of great running tips on there and people who run WAY more than me!!!

good luck, and i look forward to losing weight together over the next 16 weeks!
  • RachVR6
    Hello Allison! I envy your love of running! I started to do the couch potato 5k program with my sister awhile back but she quit on me and now I live on a busy street with no shoulder to run on. I might start running in my mom's neighborhood though. Oh and cute puppies!!!!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    To introduce myself a lil:
    my name is Vanessa
    nick name in high school was Vans (yes from the shoes haha:happy: )
    I am a University Graduate from Ontario, Canada!

Im looking forward to the journey and experience I will share with the PURPLE TEAM!!!

:flowerforyou: Good luck to us!!!:flowerforyou:

I am 24
    I have 5 tattoos(the whole side of my one shin, my back from my butt crack all the way to my neck, 2 butterflies flying around the vine crawling up my spine, a shooting star on my foot.....
    13 piercings
    My goal is to at least burn 800 cals a day for this challenge!!
  • RachVR6
    Oooooh wow!!! I'd love to see the tattoos. I have really cool orange lilies on each of my feet, cursive VW on on forearm, a volkswagen symbol in some pinstriping on the other forearm, I sun kinda design with a guitar pick in the center on the left side of my chest, pin-up ish girl with flowers around her on from shoulder to elbow on my left arm (girl inspired by a photo of Katy Perry), and another girl w/ microphone (taken from a pic of Shirley Manson of Garbage) with a skull and crossbones and 2 black roses on my right arm, shoulder to elbow. I looooove tattoos!
  • RachVR6
    Ahh fish sticks...it won't let me edit my first post! Oh well..:grumble:

Welcome new members!!! Borjanap, Greysweatshirt, and Irishrosebud!!! :flowerforyou:

Our total beginning weight stands at 2905.7lbs!!!!

Let's kick booootay!!!:drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    No, no, :noway: 2,905.7 .... I must have typed it wrong....sry, just edit ...lol :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Gotcha! :wink:
  • Canelitas
    lol, you are going to hate me!!!

I was reading it wrong, it is 2705 :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Canelitas
    lol, It's 2,905.7 - Sorry, you can tell I've been seeing numbers for to long today.

A little about me ....
    I'm Maggie, 27 yr old, married, and I have no children ... yet :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Hi all! I haven't been around much on the boards. Well, actually I have been around, but I haven't had the time to sit and post anything - just read. I'm going to make it a point to be all over the boards this weekend though. Anyway, I haven't submitted my measurements yet. I left the measuring tape out one night last week and last time I saw it, my DH was playing around with it. :grumble: Of course no one knows where it is now. :grumble:

So happyand excited to be here on this team since this is my first real challenge. Oh Yeeeaah! circlestar.gif
  • Canelitas
    Lol, it's funny how things can get "lost" and then when you aren't searching for them, you find them...

I like your ticker!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    I haven't properly introduced myself yet...

I am Tina. I live in Fredericksburg VA (Halfway between Richmond and Washington DC). I commute to Northern Virginia every day for work which is about 2 hours each way (ugh!).

I have three beautiful children ages 13, 12, and 10. They are very good at encouraging me to keep on working out and getting healthy. They are now fit enough that I couldn't catch them if I tried...:sick:
    I hope to change that!

My middle daughter was diagnosed with a rare bone cancer called Chondrosarcoma 2 years ago. My life since then has been all about getting her healthy, and she is now in remission. Now it is time to focus on me!

I look forward to this wonderful challenge and journey with all of you!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Hi my fellow purple teamamates.. I am so excited to contribute :)
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Congrats on your prior weight lost Hadiza! We're glad to have you in our little family!
    Thanks Rach.
  • Hey everyone! I'm really excited about joining the purple team! I'm hoping that this challenge will help me lose these last few pounds and get me to my goal weight (and maybe those 6-pac abs I've been waiting for!! haha..)
  • Canelitas
    Hi Borjanap and Grey!

Glad to have you on our side :wink:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Lol, it's funny how things can get "lost" and then when you aren't searching for them, you find them...

I like your ticker!

I came home and made everyone look for the darn tape measure. Found it! ldance.gif

So here they are...

Neck.........14
    Waist........38
    Hips..........45
    Arms.........15
    Thighs......23

Feel free to grab the pic below if you want to use it for the ticker.
    goprplemfp.png
  • Canelitas
    Good Morning, Everyone :flowerforyou:

Thanks Lmariannel ... I'll see if I can use it.... oh, and Thank You for the measurements :flowerforyou: