House Sitter Nightmare, Please Help

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Why didn't you just put the cat out?
    It's just a cat....it will hunt when it's hungry.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member

Oh Lord....You sound like my husband! [insert smack here!]
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    If this story is true, you can bet she went through all of your stuff. All of it.

Yeah I would check to make sure things aren't missing.

I didn't steal nothing!!!

No you just broke in, ate all the food, broke the furniture and slept in my bed.

Excuse me for being a little miffed at the disrespect.

And you owe me $68.27 for the lock.

Hey! It's not my fault you had a lock that was older than Methuselah... Geez... house maintence much?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    I was feeling sorry for you, then I thought

"why can't you just set out multiple litter boxes, a couple gallons of water and enough catfood for 2 weeks like a normal cat owner?"

KITTY FOOD MOUNTAIN

1358049211135.jpg
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    If this story is true, you can bet she went through all of your stuff. All of it.

No you just broke in, ate all the food, broke the furniture and slept in my bed.

Hey! It's not my fault you had a lock that was older than Methuselah... Geez... house maintence much?

SERIOUSLY :noway:

What kind of idiot can't turn a freaking lock???
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Honestly...I would never speak to her again. Period. If she saw me coming/going and waved, I would nod curtly. The end.
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    There are plenty of WORSE things that could have been done. Lessons have been learned. Move on and don't forget what you will do next time.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member

Now you're just being rude.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    You know, maybe she was just trying to help you out by removing all your trigger foods from the house. But wash all your dishes twice. Even the ones in the cupboard. Just to be sure.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

Oh is this how it's going to go? You calling me an idiot! I have some choice words for you too.... but unlike you I'm not going air them on the internet.

tumblr_m4px7rTe6t1r6pem6o10_250.gif

Why don't you come outside and tell it to my face?!!!

tumblr_mu3x4vC19r1szgkgbo1_500.gif
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    I don't know what to tell you except: buy new sheets. And towels. And kitchen towels. And curtains.....

Don't forget a new toothbrush.

This was my first though. Especially after i got those pictures back of the housekeeping staff from my Cancun trip...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    break up
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    What the HECK Erin!!! :noway: You can't just say this to my face!? You have to come in and air all of this out in the open like this!?!?!? You should have just talked to me. I'm sorry I made such a freaking mess!! I'll come over and clean it up. Is that what you want me to do?

Also, about the bed. You know about Frank. We have such a hard time finding places and we get so paranoid that we are going to get caugh that i just thought that maybe we could use your house this one freaking time. I didn't think it would be that big a deal, you already know about the affair. Hell I thought that was why you were asking me house sit anyway. I mean, why else would I come water your plants and feed chopsticks??? For my own pleasure???

This is so freaking ridiculous...

Oh, and PS. The key was a freak accident, okay. I tried to put my key in there instead of yours and I couldn't get out again. I'll pay for the stupid new lock...:grumble:

4J5lA.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member

Oh Lord....You sound like my husband! [insert smack here!]

Bully
    34yz1nq.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    I don't trust anyone to care for my cats, which is why I never leave on vacation.

Why not just take them with? Duh.

Because I can only drive to vacation spots and they don't like being in cars, DUH.

The obvious solution here is to charter a plane or yacht for all of your vacation needs.

I know a guy.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    So now it's "Frank"? Look because we're "friends" I'll play along with the charade. But jeebus ladies, freaking clean up after yourselves. I'm neither your mother or your maid.

BTW one of you needs to learn how to flush a toilet. That's just gross.:sick:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Should have discussed the do's and don't's before leaving. Different people have different boundaries and take different liberties. She may have thought you were good enough friends that you wouldn't have minded. It was your responsibility to set parameters. Communicate better, next time.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    I am still unclear why the NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR would feel it necessary to spend the night in your home to care for your cat. I might understand if she didnt drive and lived across town, or it was a huge inconvenience on her part. Cats are independent, feed them and scoop their poop- thats all the work they require. Its 15 min max per day or every second day. She crossed some clear boundaries. You need to talk to her, just ask her to explain what she thought you were asking her to do without placing blame.

On an unrelated note- an unwelcome house guest is better than what my brother did to me. I left town for 6 days and he totally forgot that I had asked him to feed my 2 cats. He forgot I had given him my keys too so I had to call him at midnight from the airport to pick them up when he arranged for my other brother to pick me up. Yep, 6 days alone. Lucky I had given them a weeks worth of food and left water in 2 dishes and the tub, and thought to leave the toilet lid up for them just in case. Needless to say my cats were upset and hungry when I got home from my vacation! At least they didnt die of dehydration...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    So now it's "Frank"? Look because we're "friends" I'll play along with the charade. But jeebus ladies, freaking clean up after yourselves. I'm neither your mother or your maid.

BTW one of you needs to learn how to flush a toilet. That's just gross.:sick:

You know that I grew up in a trailer park, ERIN!!! We barely had toilets in our outhouses in west texas and couldn't flush that often otherwise the septic tanks would back up and we would have to trek the river of human escrements... okay. I am still not used to this whole freaking city living thing...

you are so. heartless. HEARTLESS.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Solve it with a fist fight.

If you win, she pays for the lock, broken chair, etc.
    If she wins...you take your lumps and bruises and get over it.