Losing 50 lbs by age 30! Need some support!

I've made a decision, I want to lose 50 lbs by my 30th birthday!

I'm going to do this using a combination of exercise and eating healthier.

I currently weigh about 248 lbs, and I want to weigh about 165 lbs, but my first ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs by January 10th, 2015.

I am looking for some support/friends/motivation along the way! someone to keep me accountable! my diary will be open and I will also be a great support in return!

I'm looking forward to this new journey! This is a huge goal for me and I am so excited to do it!

If I can reach this goal, this will be the biggest thing I have ever accomplished for myself in my entire life!

Replies

• Congratulations! I'm doing something similar, I'm trying to lose 35lbs before my 30th birthday next July, so I've joined here today. All the best, feel free to PM me or add me for some motivation!
  • hurricaneemly
    hurricaneemly Posts: 23 Member
    You have support here! I'm in the process, myself - seeking to create a healthier lifestyle for myself. I'm 27 and have been gradually spiraling out of control since 25.... I managed to gain a solid 50 pounds on top of the ten I was trying to lose. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Congratulations! I'm doing something similar, I'm trying to lose 35lbs before my 30th birthday next July, so I've joined here today. All the best, feel free to PM me or add me for some motivation!

Yay!! invitation on the way! I think that is a great goal you have set also!
  • You have support here! I'm in the process, myself - seeking to create a healthier lifestyle for myself. I'm 27 and have been gradually spiraling out of control since 25.... I managed to gain a solid 50 pounds on top of the ten I was trying to lose. Feel free to add me :smile:

Thank you! Let's do this!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Me too! Well, its actually more like 68 pounds, but you get the picture. I have a little more time than you; I turned 28 in May. But I want to finish out my 20's at my goal weight of 125 lbs!
  • Me too! Well, its actually more like 68 pounds, but you get the picture. I have a little more time than you; I turned 28 in May. But I want to finish out my 20's at my goal weight of 125 lbs!

That's a good and attainable goal!! I have about 80 lbs to lose, I just want to drop the first 50 before my birthday. I've seen people lose so much more, but 50 is a good start then the extra 30 I will put into a separate goal losing at a slower rate!

Good for you for making the goal to be healthier!
  • Yes! We can do this! :drinker:
  • traelime
    traelime Posts: 6 Member
    I have a similar goal. I'm hoping to be down to 130 by 30. I'm turning 29 in October so I have some more time but I'm hoping to lose my first 20lbs by my 29th birthday.
  • Im also aiming at that range - 55 pounds. Im not 30 though :( My bithdays also my goal and around that time. Hopefully we can go through this journey together!