How much water?

OK, so we all know we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water per day. Does the water in your coffee, protein shake or other drinks count toward this? or should we drink this much on top of. I struggle to drink 8 glasses per day any tips?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    drink till your hydrated. if your pee is pale yellow/clear then your good.
  • Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Water in other drinks can be considered toward how much water you've consumed. However, coffee/soda/alcohol, have diuretic effects to varying degrees.. So some people don't count them. Some people only count the water they drink. Personally, I drink coffee but I mainly consume water with liquid enhancer in it and I only count that toward my water intake. I use liquid enhancer in my water all the time because It helps me drink a lot more water than I ever would otherwise. Try that perhaps.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member

This. :drinker:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    wasn't much of a water drinker either. played around with cold water vs. room temperature water and realized room temp was much easier for me to drink. try that.
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    A glass of water is 8 oz. Most bottles of water are 16 oz so you should drink four of those a day. If you have one at breakfast, lunch, dinner and then drink one during your workouts. You're good.

As others have said though you need to tell how much you need to stay hydrated. I have some days were I sweat a ton and need a lot more than just 8 glasses of water.

Plus, water helps your body break down bulk and flush out toxins that can interfere with natural digestion. It also makes your stool softer and easier to pass.
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    wasn't much of a water drinker either. played around with cold water vs. room temperature water and realized room temp was much easier for me to drink. try that.

I am the exact opposite of that... room temp water makes me gag...ice cold water, I can handle that.

Just shows people are different, so try to change up how you are drinking it now and it may help!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

This. :drinker:

+2
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    I was never really a juice drinker except fruit punch and some sodas. I love frappes and milkshakes and anything creamy and dreamy. The thing is I loved to eat ice so I was getting most of my water that way sometimes I can drink 11 glasses of water a day. Now that I am not eating as much ice I am down to 8 and sometimes 6. I can go weeks without drinking anything but water tea and milk. I love water but it took me years to get to this place and I do treat myself when I want a shake I use smoothies and I just put less sugar and lower fat milk in my lattes and I try to make them at home!

Don't give up on the water. Try drinking half a cup of what you like and the rest water so you can have the taste of sweet or mix fruit juice just a little with seltzer water if it works into your calories macros etc good luck:drinker:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    OK, so we all know we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water per day. Does the water in your coffee, protein shake or other drinks count toward this? or should we drink this much on top of. I struggle to drink 8 glasses per day any tips?

All liquids count. You can drink less than 8. That is only a magic number that has been repeated.
  • alpinehealth
    alpinehealth Posts: 85 Member
    Thanks for all the tips folks!