Anyone actually open to getting picked up at the gym?

Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    It is very rare when I get hit on at the gym. One of the few occasions, this guy was like "Hey what's up girl. You mind if I ask for your number?".

I got nervous and said "I have a boyfriend", which I do. To which he replies, "It's mind of matter baby. I don't mind, he don't matter!"

I died.

:laugh: :sick:
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    If someone tries to flirt with me at the gym, then I will just go ahead and marry them. I don't care about my appearance at the gym, which is probably bad. I wear baggy clothes, I smell like wet dog and sweat, I don't wear any makeup, I don't always shave my legs while wearing shorts, and sometimes a little toot comes out when I'm squatting.

this just made my day :-) - so what gym are you a member of ;p

Made my day too!! thats just way too funnt ... A TOOT ??? OMG ... you're too much!
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Probably because of my intense scowl, no wait, it might be my beer gut, or my bald head, or my grey chin hair.

no wait, it might be because I don't go to the gym, I don't know.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Sure!
    I'm good at multi-tasking.

If a man wants to approach me at the gym, I never think 'don't bother me'. I think 'mmmm sweaty. Has potential. Lick lips. Smile... look at those biceps..wait no look at his eyes ... Yes, look at eyes... He is a person... A person with great thighs HOLY ... No no don't appear creepy! Look at his eyes....

Gold :laugh:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    I'd be fine with that if I went to a gym (poor at the moment to buy a membership. I miss going to my local gym! :sad: )
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Sure!
    I'm good at multi-tasking.

If a man wants to approach me at the gym, I never think 'don't bother me'. I think 'mmmm sweaty. Has potential. Lick lips. Smile... look at those biceps..wait no look at his eyes ... Yes, look at eyes... He is a person... A person with great thighs HOLY ... No no don't appear creepy! Look at his eyes....

Gold :laugh:

That made me giggle. :bigsmile:
  • petquack
    petquack Posts: 4
    :)
  • petquack
    petquack Posts: 4
    I'm a total gym rat, also big on competing every year and invite the opportunity .Meaning if some attractive girl flirts with me and wants to talk , I'm willing to drop the weights for a couple minutes . I believe a lot of men truthfully would like and beg for a good looking woman to approach them at the gym , but odds of that are little to nothing. Either way I 'm in there to work out and if a woman was ever to flirt with me it's just a bonus because my main goal in the first place was to get a workout in.
  • arscott94
    arscott94 Posts: 22 Member
    I don't have a problem with it. I think 2 people can meet anywhere.
  • I'm a total gym rat, also big on competing every year and invite the opportunity .Meaning if some attractive girl flirts with me and wants to talk , I'm willing to drop the weights for a couple minutes . I believe a lot of men truthfully would like and beg for a good looking woman to approach them at the gym , but odds of that are little to nothing. Either way I 'm in there to work out and if a woman was ever to flirt with me it's just a bonus because my main goal in the first place was to get a workout in.

Same here bro
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I'm a total gym rat, also big on competing every year and invite the opportunity .Meaning if some attractive girl flirts with me and wants to talk , I'm willing to drop the weights for a couple minutes . I believe a lot of men truthfully would like and beg for a good looking woman to approach them at the gym , but odds of that are little to nothing. Either way I 'm in there to work out and if a woman was ever to flirt with me it's just a bonus because my main goal in the first place was to get a workout in.

If she is a regular and see you reaching toward your goals then she will more likely approach you. I had a girl stop me on the elliptical my second attempt to tell me she has been watching and noticing.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I'm married...BUT realized one day that the gym is a great place to meet someone. That person has seen you at your most sweaty and disgusting...AND still thinks you are cute. Good for you.

Of course, it gets weird when the guy stares at your butt and says nothing...
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    I'm married...BUT realized one day that the gym is a great place to meet someone. That person has seen you at your most sweaty and disgusting...AND still thinks you are cute. Good for you.

Maybe he's staring into space and your butt got in the way.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    I'm open to it - unfortunately I think my wife would frown on it. I guess that's also good as most of the folks at my gym are the wrong gender for me.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    I have learned from MFP that anyone checking me out at the gym is creepy unless they're hot. I think the right answer to this question is I am not open to anyone talking to or hitting on me at the gym unless they're hot.

Isn't that the rule for avoiding sexual harassment allegations?

This is creepy
    04qfunhouse1.jpg

This is how it should be done
    04qfunhouse2.jpg
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    I actually was picked up once at the gym, a few years ago. It took the guy a few days to actually do anything but just smile and walk past but he would walk around the gym looking for me. I knew more than he did working out and he asked me about lifting, etc. The only concern I have is that it made it crazy returning to the same gym when it didn't work out.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member

Maybe he's staring into space and your butt got in the way.

I'm not going to deny it...that is possible. My butt tends to get in the way.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Well that would be strange because I'm married and workout at home.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    I'm glad for slow nights at work, you people crack me up.

There are a few hot guys at the gym I keep my eyes on and let them know I notice that they're hot. I guess I'm the creep but we work hard at having nice bodies it's nice to be noticed, plus I look often to have a mental image for those lonely nights, definitely have me some gym fantasies.....
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    there are plenty of people at my gym that seem to hook up as a result of being there but most seem to just go about there own business and go there with partners or friends.

I never saw that happening for me, but i can see how it would work for someone who's a social butterfly